Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Faith comes by hearing and hearing of the world of the lord

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My brethren download the bible app if you have a android or iphone and listen to the king james version of the bible.

Or if you do not have, i actually prefer this method for it is what i listen to both it and the king james version.

go to http://www.familyradio.org/continuous-bible-reading-audio/

hear the word of the lord, by these two methods the word was taught to me and all the wisdom that was given to me i received by those methods.

here again http://www.familyradio.org/bible-readings/audio/

listen to the bible a hour a day atleast... trust me you will love it

My brethren download the bible app if you have a android or iphone and listen to the king james version of the bible.

Or if you do not have, i actually prefer this method for it is what i listen to both it and the king james version.

go to http://www.familyradio.org/continuous-bible-reading-audio/

hear the word of the lord, by these two methods the word was taught to me and all the wisdom that was given to me i received by those methods.

here again http://www.familyradio.org/bible-readings/audio/

listen to the bible a hour a day atleast... trust me you will love it

Thank you for sharing that with us.

God bless you.

I wonder what Version of the Bible Noah used?

JLB

I don't believe there was a bible in Noah's days

I remember i heared The Lord say in the days of genesis the story of creation was folktale passed down from generation to generation

I don't know if there was written book in those days

I don't believe there was a bible in Noah's days

I remember i heared The Lord say in the days of genesis the story of creation was folktale passed down from generation to generation

I don't know if there was written book in those days

There wasn't.

Moses wrote the first five books of the bible.

That's the point.

Faith comes by hearing God.

Not from the scriptures.

7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. Hebrews 11:7

JLB

UNO what's a mystery jlb? We know who wrote the Ten Commandments and the book of Daniel. And the mysteries of revelations

We know every house is built by some man but god builds all things

Yet what prophet wrote the book of genesis?

It's like the wind we feel it when it blows but we can't see it unless it swirls like a whirlwind

And tho we feel it from the west no man can tell were all the wind orginates from

Who can tell what are the circuits of the wind

There is still many things The Lord didn't reveal to me but if it's for me to know he will tell and if it's for a man to understand at the time appointed he will

UNO what's a mystery jlb? We know who wrote the Ten Commandments and the book of Daniel. And the mysteries of revelations

We know every house is built by some man but god builds all things

Yet what prophet wrote the book of genesis?

It's like the wind we feel it when it blows but we can't see it unless it swirls like a whirlwind

And tho we feel it from the west no man can tell were all the wind orginates from

There is still many things The Lord didn't reveal to me but if it's for me to know he will tell and if it's for a man to understand at the time appointed he will

OK

There wasn't.

That's the point.

Not from the scriptures.

7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. Hebrews 11:7

JLB

Faith comes by hearing, hearing of the word of The Lord.

Now u hear the word.
If u search deligently and do listen to his law forever

U will understand

Faith comes by hearing, hearing of the word of The Lord.

Now u hear the word.
If u search deligently and do listen to his law forever

U will understand

Faith has nothing to do with the law.

JLB

There wasn't.

That's the point.

Not from the scriptures.

JLB
Sometimes it takes a 2x4..... and maybe a few years of beating against the stone wall.

.....Yet what prophet wrote the book of genesis?

The book of Genesis was the result of oral history which was taught generation by generation, with new history added as the years passed. Writing was not around in those early years of mankind's pre-history. (Pre-history = before writing capabilities)

The history was taught to young boys by elders of the tribe/clan/family group. The oral history had to be memorized verbatim as taught. Not all boys succeeded in their efforts to learn the history; only those who could recall at any given moment a particular event (once memorized) would be further trained as one of the oral historians.

This tradition continued well after means for writing was established. Scribes were employed to make copies of what had been written. But as had been experienced time after time after time, tablets could break & parchments could burn. It was until the 15th and 16th centuries when oral historians were slowly being phased out as the written word had stronger capabilities of being preserved in a multitude of locations than ever before. And of course, printing presses were being built & used.

I don't have a smart phone so can't download the app, but agree with the premise. I used to have the bible on cassette tape and would listen to it while driving around working. The tapes are all played out now and no good, but I listen to scripture on BibleGateway when I do my reading because it increases retention to hear at the same time I read. Sometimes I just set it on a book and let it play into the house even when I'm not reading it. Background noise that's better than any radio.

Even without a focused concentration, it's been proven (so I hear) that the subconscious picks up on it and retains it. So I like it. Plus, on the off chance that there's any evil spirits in the house, it would have to drive them crazy hearing the Word of God. Yeah, it's awesome to be able to do this. :)

I don't have a smart phone so can't download the app, but agree with the premise. I used to have the bible on cassette tape and would listen to it while driving around working. The tapes are all played out now and no good, but I listen to scripture on BibleGateway when I do my reading because it increases retention to hear at the same time I read. Sometimes I just set it on a book and let it play into the house even when I'm not reading it. Background noise that's better than any radio.

Even without a focused concentration, it's been proven (so I hear) that the subconscious picks up on it and retains it. So I like it. Plus, on the off chance that there's any evil spirits in the house, it would have to drive them crazy hearing the Word of God. Yeah, it's awesome to be able to do this. :)

That and Norval Hayes Tapes!

Those were the days!

The Honeymoon.

JLB

But
Faith has nothing to do with the law.

JLB

The law of faith is law the law of sin is the law of sin

If a man is in the bondage of sin he is under the law

If a man is under the law of faith he is of his faith and by his faith he keeps his law

The freeman who receives faith is slave to The Lord jesus

The bond man that receives faith is the lords free man

The bond man is free from the bondage of sin

And the free man is jesus captive

The bond mAn is nothing and the free man is nothing

If both be bond to sin both is the sevabt of sin and by the law they will be judge at the last day

And if both be bond to jesus through faith both is jesus servant and through his faith does all his commandments and keeps all his law

So by his faith and the faithfulness of his servants which faith was given they escape the law of sin through faith by keeping his commandants

By this the free man keeps his law tho he is a captive to jesus

Many people think I'm saved because I confess The Lord jesus

But they don't keep his commandments

They just go after the way of there heart and chase after their own desires

These same men don't understand one key thing

If a man does god commandments he does it because he was given a new heart

It's not of his self but it's of him who is in him

But many can't understand because he has fatten their hearts and shut their eyes

For many are called but few are chosen

Keeping gods commandments can't save u but keeping his commandments is the spiritual proof of his salvation

That and Norval Hayes Tapes!

Those were the days!

The Honeymoon.

JLB

I saw Norvel Hayes on It's Supernatural, and I like him. I haven't watched or listened to a lot of his teachings though. He did seem very spiritual on Sid Roth. I should check out more of his messages. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back