Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Faith Soul vs Fire and brimstone

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I been to a faith soul church and on the radio I heard fire and brimstone preaching. and frankly I perfer the faith soul over the fire and brimstone.

The fire and Brimstone preaching is rude and loud and very wild and out of control. when some one preach fire and brimstone all there is negtive and hateful words the screaming bloodly murder of going stright to hell saved or not. kind of makes me feel like saying Calm down ! calm down ! control your self! HEY FOOL BE COOL!

Faith soul at least there is spiritual up left and love.
there is a lot of postive and fellowship in faith soul fellowship worship.
I think Fire and brimstone should be banned
all it is just getting yelled at.

I don't know what Faith soul is. Maybe you could gives us your take on it? I also agree that fire and brimstone preaching can get a little out of hand, but...

(yeah, these has to be a but)

The Gospel should never be sugar-coated. There are consequences for our actions here and now and in the next age. :yes We do people an injustice if we withhold the bad news and just give them the Good News.

I understand,
But people should be tempted to to reach out feel the holy spirit and be in contact with christ.

Not to be scream and yelled at.
Most of fire and brinstone preaching is 100% hell raising
it don't left the spirit it down downs it , it is also very degrading.
it get very tiring to keep hearing with the going stright to hell thing.

there was a spiecal on tv about hell and 1 church took thier sinners to a place where there is an active vocano is and order these people to jump in the vocano which they call is hell it self by word of god.

fire and brimstone should not be harsh besides it makes god look bad.

where does it say jesus used fire and brimstone preaching?
I think it came from an over rated gloryfiled preacher.

As for faith soul
it when church welcomes all comers and the preacher says reach out and touch jesus feel the faith, and allow jesus into your life , this results in to tears of joy and lives are changed.
it's a lot better than getting screamed and yelled at.

Fire and brimstone has its place.....

About 1959 Mom and i went to the dump. Well the dump was a fire pit burned all the time, the dirt on the side would sorta slid a bit if ya got too close.... I was a becoming a rebellious teen.. Mom had/has some really great God given wisdom. We are throwing the trash into the pit. Watching it burn...Out of the blue Mom says, " You really dont want to go to hell do ya?" That scene/memory crossed my heart/mind many times in the coming years...I made some better choices because of that human view of hell...

It was His love for me that hit home a few years later....

Real Christianity is not for sissys.

I think it don't have a place
Fire and brimstone is nothing but pure hatred.
it is the 1 of the causes of suide.

in fire and brimstone preaching
they say God hates you, god wants you in hell, god don't want you,
and they your sinner! sinner! your a killer a criminal.
that kind of preaching sends people out in the streets screaming bloody murder.

gezzzz, it bad enough we got half baked faulse prophits predicting the end of the world.

there are other way to get the point across, but verbual abuse is not 1 of them.

fire and brimstone is all screaming and yelling...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back