Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Faith without works is dead

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blain

Yes its true faith without works is dead but is works simply going out there helping the needy preaching the gospel and helping to save souls? there is other kinds of works like a simple honest payerr or praise or the willingness to go without so someone doesnt have to and my personal favorite the works of the heart. The works of the heart is truly precious to God because it invoolves us letting him mold our hearts into his own. So even if u cant be out saving souls or doing outward works keep in mind you may very well be doing more works than u realize

I think sometimes standing your ground and living the right way, even with your flaws, is doing a good deed. That's what my older, wiser Pentecostal friend told me when I told her about some situations I've run into lately. Makes a lot of sense.

The Bible says that God prepared "good works" for us to do, beforehand.

Think about that a minute. That's personal. Personal to each one of us. If it had been simply a nice list of general good things for all of us, collectively, to do, don't you think a paragraph, or so, would have been put aside in the Bible to list those standard "good works".

I firmly believe there must be several billion things that are those "good works". And I also feel (because of seeing and experiencing so much of it in my 69 years) that you have your own special, personal bundle of good things God leads you through life each day to "just happen to" run across, right there in your path. And I have mine. And she has hers. And he has his.

May I give you an example?

We used to travel for our business, and we would lease apartments in various states. In one of these complexes, there was a very young boy that I really didn't take much notice of, but once in awhile I would pass by him playing, and smile, or compliment a throw he just made... or whatever. Nothing you would give a second thought to... just being nice to a kid.

Well, one day my wife and I were headed to the car, and I heard this same kid excitedly telling his mother.... "Look, Mommy, there's the man that likes me!"... as he waved at us, and we waved back. My wife told me that she knew something of the family (the single Mom, and that kid), and that it wasn't the greatest life the kid seemed to have with a trail of strange men coming and going. At that moment I realized that those small "good deeds", must have really had an impact on a lonely little kid with no father figure, and who was probably largely ignored by the "boyfriends".

Although I probably don't recognize many of them, I think that was one of the tiny incidents of doing the "good works" that God has prepared for me to do throughout my lifetime. And, the neatest part is that He let me see that one, real clear.

Yes its true faith without works is dead but is works simply going out there helping the needy preaching the gospel and helping to save souls? there is other kinds of works like a simple honest payerr or praise or the willingness to go without so someone doesnt have to and my personal favorite the works of the heart. The works of the heart is truly precious to God because it invoolves us letting him mold our hearts into his own. So even if u cant be out saving souls or doing outward works keep in mind you may very well be doing more works than u realize

How precious are the prayers lifted up for others when that is all a person can do.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Because the lack of works reveals an unchanged life or a spiritually dead heart.
Our works do not make us righteous.Works are not the cause of salvation;works are the evidence of salvation.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Because the lack of works reveals an unchanged life or a spiritually dead heart.
Our works do not make us righteous.Works are not the cause of salvation;works are the evidence of salvation.
I hear this a lot, and I still find myself wondering.... to whom is there a need to present this evidence? God, or men?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back