Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

False Prophet

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Where is this "Scripture tells us plainly that the Antichrist is "the Man of Sin" and "the Son of Perdition" "

Thats what the misleading spirit does, it misleads the misleading who will then mislead. It spreads like a disease.

Last edited:
I don't know who the false prophet personally is. I'm quite sure he is alive today. I know what his fate holds Revelation 19:20
Nasb
20And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

They're clearly described as 2 separate and distinct persons, who will be thrown alive into the lake of fire.

1 John 2:18 also speaks of antichrist (singular), as well as many antichrists (plural). It was written after the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. So it's not speaking of Titus, or Antiochus.
Nasb
18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

"just as you heard that antichrist is coming,"

This points to a specific singular antichrist.

Last edited:
To prove who the false prophet is we first have to come to a conclusion as to what religion he proclaims to follow, which God? El or Al or OL or CH ? For there also need to be some type of false scripture? Even if it's youtube or does it have to be written on paper?

I don't know who the false prophet personally is. I'm quite sure he is alive today. I know what his fate holds Revelation 19:20
Nasb
20And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

They're clearly described as 2 separate and distinct persons, who will be thrown alive into the lake of fire.

1 John 2:18 also speaks of antichrist (singular), as well as many antichrists (plural). It was written after the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. So it's not speaking of Titus, or Antiochus.
Nasb
18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

"just as you heard that antichrist is coming,"

This points to a specific singular antichrist.
Hi Fusion, is Matthew Chapter 24 talking about the tribulation or after the tribulation or both?

Hi Fusion, is Matthew Chapter 24 talking about the tribulation or after the tribulation or both?
Hi. Before, during and after the tribulation. All the way up to the gathering of the elect. Because we see many of these events now. i.e. Rumors of war, famine etc. but we're not in the great tribulation. Jesus speaks of the abomination of desolation as a future event. So he couldn't be speaking of Antichious, of having fulfilled that. Titus Couldn't have been the antichrist, because 1John 2:18 was written after temple destruction. It speaks of THE antichrist as someone to come in the future.

So IMO Matthew 24 speaks of events leading up to the tribulation, during the tribulation to the gathering of the elect.

Who built the bridge between God and man?

What does Gods word say?

*edit: Forgot something..

I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Last edited:
As far as the Roman Pontifex Maximus its been around for thousands of years..

The last to hold the title of pontifex maximus under the Roman Republic were Julius Caesar (62-44 BCE) and M. Aemilius Lepidus (44-12 BCE). After Lepidus the title passed to Augustus, and henceforth the title of pontifex maximus would be a prerogative of the emperor. It remained so until the 5th century when it passed to the Pope, who have used the title ever since.

The title pontifex means literally "bridge builder" because they bridged the gap between the world of man and the world of the gods.

http://sights.seindal.dk/sight/1244_Pontifex_maximus.html

The main duty of the pontifices was to provide the pax deorum, or the 'peace with the gods'. Interpreting omens, sometimes through augures, controlling and keeping the official calendar, and the oversight of funerals all fell under the domain of the Pontifex Maximus.

He was responsible for an enormous collection of omens (annales maximi); that would be recorded and collected on a nearly constant basis. These heavenly signs would be written down along with accompanying events, and used to determine the divine favor of the gods. Doing so allowed following generations of priests and magistrates to understand the historic will of the gods and interpret future events against past patterns.

Today, the head of the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope, is still called the Pontifex Maximus. It's a political or governing office that has been in existence and in perpetual use for nearly 3,000 years.

http://www.unrv.com/culture/pontifex-maximus.php

I think it is pretty neat that Jesus would remake the office of the pope.

Rev 21:5 - And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.​

I turn on the TV while in the kitchen making my morning coffee, I only watch TV on sundays, and the first words I hear is 'there was once a man'. I know that voice. Its Joel again. Oh Lord help me. No, acturally, help Joel.

Hi. Before, during and after the tribulation. All the way up to the gathering of the elect. Because we see many of these events now. i.e. Rumors of war, famine etc. but we're not in the great tribulation. Jesus speaks of the abomination of desolation as a future event. So he couldn't be speaking of Antichious, of having fulfilled that. Titus Couldn't have been the antichrist, because 1John 2:18 was written after temple destruction. It speaks of THE antichrist as someone to come in the future.

So IMO Matthew 24 speaks of events leading up to the tribulation, during the tribulation to the gathering of the elect.

A couple of main observations.

The anti-Christ(s), plural, are evil/wicked resisting to God, spirits. aka DEVILS.

The dragon, the beast and the false prophet are all spirits of devils as well. See Rev. 16:13-14 where this is clearly spelled out.

IN understanding the above, we may also look at another event in the scriptures where Satan spoke from a man's mouth, that being Peter.

Was Peter then the beast, the anti-Christ, the false prophet, the great dragon?

No. It was in fact Satan speaking from Peter's own lips. It would be ignorant to claim one was the other or vice versa, just as it's equally ignorant to think any of the wicked spirits involved are the same as the people they PAWN, such as in Peter's case OR such as looking for some or any person to be the "same as" those wicked/evil spirits.

It's a waste of time to look that direction. People who do so are looking for the seen when the unseen is entirely more obvious. That these are the workings of devils in the flesh.

I could write on this at length, but in the Hebrew gamatria the number 666 means covering. Who is the covering cherub/messenger in the O.T?

Uh, yeah, it's the covering of the power of darkness, the power of Satan over the flesh.

Ezek. 28:
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back