Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] "Family" problems

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It has been over six months since the death of my step-father. It has become quiet obvious that my step-mother has taken a controlling grip on the bad boys.

One of her favorite things to do is to is to use me for a scapegoat. The threats and attacks that I have endured in recent months have her fingerprints all over them. With each attack, my commitment strengthens, and I praise God that He has given me the ability to endure. I believe that the day is very near when God will say "Enough is enough!" Until then, may God give the cowards enough sense to see that their problems come from within their own camp.

I am asking for prayer for those (other victims) who know who I am and have seen what has been done to me. Some of them are frightened by it, others are encouraged. Pray that all would see God's hand on me, know that He is with me, that He is defending me, raising me up, and is dealing with the bad guys. May God give them the assurance that He will do the same for them.

I am asking prayer for the bad guys, that God would cause them to see that their problems come from within their own camp, and that if it is His will, that He will use the wicked to destroy the wicked.

Hi Gabby,
I’ve read some of your past from other posts so I think I’ve got an idea of what you’re talking about. I couldn’t imagine that type of a lifestyle.
As far as being a scapegoat, I can relate to that all too well and I know the doubts that it can place inside of you and I know the strength it takes to see and act above it. I commend you highly for being able to rise above your surroundings and lead by example the lifestyle that Jesus exemplified in his ministry.

As far as the wicked, they are already destroyed; unfortunately, they are destroyed to such a degree that all they know is destruction and that’s why I admire you so much, because you have the strength to endure, just as Paul endured his trials. But more importantly, I see you being that constant light in a dark situation that refuses to be snuffed out. Though it may not appear so at times, I believe that you will leave a legacy within your family that will bring forth God’s good fruits.

In my own life, I can point out a handful of individuals that left an impact on me and that impact remains embedded within my moral character today. To this day, I don’t believe that some of those individuals have any idea of the impact they had in my life. As you probably know, it’s not always the big things in our lives that make a difference in the lives of others, but rather the small, subtle, constant things that others pick up, or we pick up ourselves from others.

When I read your statement, “The threats and attacks that I have endured in recent months have her fingerprints all over them.†Really makes me cringe inside and to be honest, gets my blood boiling. No child should ever be abused for ANY reason and it sounds like the more her attacks fail toward you, the more she takes her anger out on the children. This leaves you in an awkward place, but stand firm and do what you know is right. Be gentle, but don’t compromise your values.

You know your situation better than anyone, and you know the abuse as well. I’m not sure if you’re in a position to raise the children yourself (and I’m sure you know the woe’s of the child welfare system) and perhaps this is the wrong place to be talking about this, but my prayer would be that the children would see your light as a light of hope for what is good and right in the world. I would also pray that God continues to give you the strength, humility and the wisdom to discern the whole situation and to act upon what you see that it would bring glory to God.

God bless, you and your entire family are in my prayers.

I'm praying for you Gabby and the children. I know how you feel. "Be strong & of good courage, for the Lord your God is with you." May God strengthen you always with His Love, grace & mercy as only He can do.
Hugs-
Rosalee Decker
This is the day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Forgive me if my term 'bad boys' was misleading.

Gabbylittleangel said:
It has become quiet obvious that my step-mother has taken a controlling grip on the bad boys.

While there are countless children at the mercy of this 'family', (perhaps coven would be a better choice of words) the "bad boys" that I refer to here are mostly in their 50's 60's and 70's.

Christians and innocent unspecting folks are indeed their favorite victims, but they have no problem manipulating, undermining, backstabbing, and practicing witchcraft on one another.

With each attack, my commitment strengthens, and I praise God that He has given me the ability to endure.
Praise God, Gabby. As we often say around here, If He brings you to, He'll get you through it. :angel:

That's right!!

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

THANKS!

They seem to have a silly goal here, to keep going around in circles. Kinda like the movie "Ground Hog Day".

What they have yet to realize is that every time that they want to make me have to redo something, repurchase something that they have stolen, or heal from some bruises, that God brings them back around and that they are going back through some stuff that they did not really want to do. There are a few of them in particular, that it seems are going through the same problems over and over, and each time it seems to be a bit more intense for them. They used to turn to Dad to help them out. Hopefully, the next time around they will turn to the Lord.

It reminds me a lot of when God sent word to Pharaoh to let His people go. Each time the plagues ended, Pharaoh seemed to have the idea that God backed off and was going to leave him alone, and he would try to make things a bit harder for the Hebrews. Then God would come at him with another plague. Each time God would hit harder than Pharaoh thought he would.

I wonder how many Egyptians turned to God during the time of the plagues...

Exd 12:38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, [even] very much cattle.

I hope you're right & I hope they turn to God!! They need Him more than they know. As far as the Egyptians go?? I hope a lot of them repented & returned to God!!(=

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back