Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Favorite Hobby?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Angel

What do you do for fun?

I like to sketch, paint, listen to music, watch TV, go on the internet, read books, cook dinner from scratch, play video games, (I like the classics) I used to play guitar but some of the chords are too dang hard. I love hugging my chihuahua, going out to eat with Matt's parents, sleeping by the Christmas tree, collect hubcaps, play card games, board games, write short stories/journal, and I do like exercise but the treadmill can get pretty boring. Dancing to the Just Dance games is what I like the best. And they are coming out with Just Dance 2016!!! Can't wait to get it, I have all of them except for the kids version.

As I think you already know, I'm really into my cultural heritage, so my favorite hobby is studying Japanese. You'd think I'd be better at it, but there you go. I love Japan, have visited 4 times, I'm sure will go a few more times.

In the past I've also practiced karate, played the guitar (briefly in a band, but honestly I wasn't that great), painted (Japanese sumi-e), skiied (on a team), target-shooting (rifles and pistols), took Chinese kung-fu for a while (I'm half Japanese, half Chinese), cooked Chinese-style (wok), customized a Jeep, and taken care of a dog. I'm obsessed with mysteries of any kind, so besides pursuing science, I study airplane crash investigations (father is a retired United mechanic), and of all things magic tricks and illusions (although I myself have no desire to become a magician). I also love to write, have done a little professional writing, wondering if I should move more in that direction.

Hope that's enough for one life.

That is very interesting KevinK ! :nod

I was studying Japanese, and then I got distracted by other hobbies. Still interested though. I think it would be awesome if I moved to Japan and taught English. Or, get a job working in animation.
Probably won't happen. :crossed

That is very interesting KevinK ! :nod

I was studying Japanese, and then I got distracted by other hobbies. Still interested though. I think it would be awesome if I moved to Japan and taught English. Or, get a job working in animation.
Probably won't happen. :crossed
Don't be too sure. A lot of people do those things. Could be your future. I've heard a lot of people say, "If you told me that one month from now I would be living in Japan, teaching English, and learning Japanese, I'd have said you are crazy".

I'm a nerd. Tech, tech, tech. Especially Android rooting, coding, programming. I love hacking my phone, wiping it of all internal data, and loading a whole new look & feel. Pretty geeky stuff, so I'll keep it at that. :dietcoke

I'm a nerd. Tech, tech, tech. Especially Android rooting, coding, programming. I love hacking my phone, wiping it of all internal data, and loading a whole new look & feel. Pretty geeky stuff, so I'll keep it at that. :dietcoke
I also like hacking and programming. I recently got some robotics stuff for my son and a lot of it is programming a micro controller called Arduino. Have you heard of this before?

I've had a lot of various hobbies. Right now I enjoy good motorcycle rides when the weather permits. When the weather isn't so great I'm into computer flight simulation which has a large online community of pilots, virtual airlines, and air traffic controllers some of whom take it very seriously! When that gets too tedious (as it often can!) sleep can become my hobby. Of course, with the working hours my new job I'm not so sure that sleeping (as in most of the day as well as all night on my days off) hasn't become more of a job requirement than a hobby. :sleep

Up till about age 30, I talked with my hands on shortwave radio. (That is, CW or Morse Code). I also built and experimented with a lot of home made antennas. But I work in radio, and ham radio just got old.

So now, my time is usually spent hiking or with my car on roads like the Tail of the Dragon....

I've had a lot of various hobbies. Right now I enjoy good motorcycle rides when the weather permits. When the weather isn't so great I'm into computer flight simulation which has a large online community of pilots, virtual airlines, and air traffic controllers some of whom take it very seriously! When that gets too tedious (as it often can!) sleep can become my hobby. Of course, with the working hours my new job I'm not so sure that sleeping (as in most of the day as well as all night on my days off) hasn't become more of a job requirement than a hobby. :sleep
You're funny that sleep can be a hobby :biggrin
I think everyone loves sleeping :)

Okay, I will weigh in on this, my hobbies are trying to play golf, reading, watching rugby union, eating out with friends, walking and wine :)
Not necessarily in that order.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back