Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Favorite kind of game?

Your favorite kind of game.

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

mondar

I am curious what games are played. There is sure to be overlap, so I gave everyone two votes. Feel free to vote twice.

RPGs are my favorite. And first person shooters. AND HYBRIDS OF THE TWO (Mass Effeeeccttttt) <3

I also like word games and puzzles. :3

Oh, I didn't read the rules carefully—I didn't know I got two votes so I just voted for card games. I like games that can be played quickly. For video games, I like a race or something not those games that last for weeks. I would have added mystery/puzzles as my second choice.

Thank you for the replies. I hope replies are written. This is not for marketing, but just simple curiosity. I am also curious specificly what exact game you people like and exactly what situations you play?

Cards--- Are there ladies who have ladies night card games? Are there men who have poker night? Maybe some who play card games online? Computer solitaire?

Strategy--- Any chess players? Online chess players? Axis and Allies players?

Computer--- I should have thought of making RPGs in a separate category. I know there are millions of people involved in online RPGs. I forget the names of them.... (sorry- I am not familiar with names of internet RPG games). I have seen other online software being played... the conquer the world kind of software that is not an RPG. I cannot help but wonder if there are any older (over 40?) people involved in online games? My wife enjoyed "Farmville" for awhile, but she is not keeping up as much lately. She is more interested in finding old buddies in facebook.

jasoncran said:
I used to play the older games on my emulator on my pc. Now its just the starfleet commander on fb.

For a while I was playing a whole lot of Fire Emblem and old pokemon games on my pc. XD Also Smash Brothers and the older Zelda games that I don't own.

Unfortunately the Pokemon Snap and Star Fox emulators didn't work. :/

The original Zelda was probably the last 'epic" type game I played. I was so addicted to that game. My wife (then fiancee) were late getting to our pre-marital meeting with the minister because we were playing and trying to beat one of the bosses. I just don't have the patience or time anymore, but my kids love those games. I'll play Wii Sports Resort or Mario Kart or something quick.

Aha, oh dude I spend hours a day playing WoW and/or Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Gears 2... gaming is definitely a huge part of my life.

feldew visit Rom-world.com. You can get all the old snes and nes games there except zelda and some snes mario versions.

Feldew said:
Aha, oh dude I spend hours a day playing WoW and/or Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Gears 2... gaming is definitely a huge part of my life.
I don't know how you guys do it. My sons play all day, Madden, Call of Duty, Zelda whatever, Metroid. I can play for like 5 minutes anymore. GIVE ME SPACE INVADERS!

Dude named Louis said:
Feldew said:
I don't know how you guys do it. My sons play all day, Madden, Call of Duty, Zelda whatever, Metroid. I can play for like 5 minutes anymore. GIVE ME SPACE INVADERS!

Well, I think the fact that I grew up with it has an impact. There's always other reasons too, I'm sure.

The poll options SCREAMMMM old age.

Seriously? Board games? Card games? Word games? Worst of all is "Electronic games". Reminds me of those cheap handheld games you would buy in the toy section of walmart about 15 years ago.

I like anything fun. Boardgames, cards, computer. I think it all depends on who you're playing with.

Cardgames with lots of people can be fun. But so can anything if you're with the right person.

I remember playing grab the stone with a friend of mine for hours and hours once. I don't know why, but we stayed entertained the whole time. I hate it when someone is so competitive that they have to grind you into the ground just to win. Games are supposed to be fun.

Back