Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

favorite movie/series/book quotes?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"When you give up your dreams, you die."
Can't remember the name of who said it. It was from the movie "Flashdance".

Maybe another one for me that I'll never forget is William Wallace screaming "Freedom" as they killed him in Braveheart.

"Take your stinking paws off me you d*** dirty ape!"
"Oh, very creative. And what exactly will you do if I don't?"
"I'll make you regret it! Law of mass dictates that the mass of an object dramatically increases at the force of impact, when said object collides with the ground. And with your size, you'll make an extensively large impact upon your inevitable defeat!"
"...what?"
"The bigger they are, the harder they fall!"

Jason, I remember it was used before, maybe many times. But, I remember this from Little Big Man, at 1:40 in the video clip. It's a great scene.

Little Big Man, that's what it was. Hmm, I could've swore it was Young Guns. I got the image of Lou Diamond Phillips saying it but I suppose my memory is playing tricks on me again.

My favorite movie, in spit of the ending that makes anyone with a heart cry, is Love Story. My favorite series is the one with Archie Bunker, Carol Connors poured his heart into eliminating racism. A book, the movie was good but the book, Papillon was incredible.

I agree with you brother. Papillon the movie was ehh, but the book was fantastic. Highly recommended.

"I know what you're thinking... Did I fire six shots or only five? To tell you the truth, I forgot it myself in all this excitement.
This here's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it can blow your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?

Well, do you, punk?"
(Dirty Harry)

I agree with you brother. Papillon the movie was ehh, but the book was fantastic. Highly recommended.

"I know what you're thinking... Did I fire six shots or only five? To tell you the truth, I forgot it myself in all this excitement.
This here's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it can blow your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?

Well, do you, punk?"
(Dirty Harry)
Of all the notable lines from all the movies, that one is my favorite.

"Watching you right now made me want to kill you for real. I have no intention of saving a kid that only wants to take the easy way out. Struggle till you can struggle no more. It's your life, even if it is covered in blood; don't run away, Zero."
~Toga Yagari, from Vampire Knight

" God gave us a great big apple, see, and He said don't touch it. He didn't say touch it once in a while; He didn't say take a nibble when you're hungry; He said don't touch it! Don't think about touchin'it, don't sing about touchin' it, don't *think* about singin' about touchin' it! "

Quoted Jerry Lee Lewis in "Walk the line".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back