Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt" Satan's lie!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JM

Satan's lie was to not trust God, hold onto your salvation by what you can do and keep doing...this is false, don't buy it. example: The Israelites left Egypt and traveled towards the promised land, just before they were to enter in they sent in twelve spies to search out the land. Then returned with bad news - there were giants in the land, and we are no match for them. Two of them said God is with us, it's no problem, let's go in and take it. But Israel succumbed to satan's old trick, FUD. Therefore, they wandered for 40 years, and their children were the ones to enter into the land.

We find Jesus telling us that He is praying for us: Joh 17:9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours."

If Jesus is praying for us, to keep us from falling, we have to conclude that we are safe. If not, we find descent in the God head if the Father doesn't hear the Lord Christ's prayer for us.

We have several ways in the Bible to be assured of our salvation.

• His spirit bearing witness with our spirit. (Romans 8:16-17). This occurs by the Word of God.
    Being led by God (Romans 8:14)
    Keeping God's commandments (1 John 3:23-24)
    Love (agapao) for the brethren (1 John 3:14, 17-18)

In conclusion, it is not possible for a person to lose their salvation, for it's not theirs for the keeping, it's Jesus' responsibility. We contribute nothing. Secondly, we must run the race set before us with endurance. Thirdly, it is possible to have assurance of salvation. The Bible provides at least four different ways, but we must be careful not to rely on feelings or experiences, as they can deceive us.

I'm beginning to see a pattern to some of the threads in this forum.

Perhaps God is trying to communicate something else with regard to eternal security. Perhaps he is trying to warn some Christians not to cheapen grace, lest they fall away, while simultaneously trying to uplift other Christians who are wavering in their faith by stating that salvation depends on him, and not on their wavering faith.

Perhaps it might not be God's fault if we can't comprehend this seeming "both/and."

Just a thought....

security

I also belive in security of the believer.
But I believe also that paul preached it and then more or less
said live your life as tho you could lose it.
My total believe is both are right in a way.
man see's a person give their life to christ go to church stay for a while
and then fall away and no matter how much you visit them they will
not come back then you find out that a sin has crept into their lives
so man must conclude they have gotten away from salvation and are roaming
around lost as it were in darkness. This as a man lost we must conclude.
But only God can judge if they were ever really saved remember the story
of the garden birds steal some of the seeds and rocks will not let root take.
Also remember Jude said if a brother wanders from the truth and you restore him
you have saved a soul.So as men we must look at them as lost not condemned for
if they were of God. I will tell you that is not a good place to be wandering
around in sin. But if lost then lost still never really got it.
Now from Gods will he judges rightly and knows all .
This my take on a christian wandering in sin (I call it darkness).Who is sent to
punish wayward christians? In First cor it say there is some much sin among you that
a man would have his own fathers wife put such a one out of the church
(turn him over to the Adversary) to punish the flesh that God may have his soul.
Of course in 2nd cor He sent them to get him back lest he become to discouraged.
See how much God loves us he has put in place for us a way to always bring us back.
In conclusion man would have to see from what we see they have fallen away.
God will judge rightly and will be the one to handle the problem as he deems necessary .
It ain't a good thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
My own children have been lost to me from time to time but never not my children.
As a earthly father I have made some mistakes in raising my children .
God makes no such mistakes. praise the Lord thank you Jesus.
FOr he said that work I started in you I will finish hallelujah and amen and amen.

As long as we are in Christ we are secure! How can it be any other way?

As it is witten:

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

evanman said:
As long as we are in Christ we are secure! How can it be any other way?

Exactly. HE is our security. As long as we faithfully remain in him we are secure.

Back