Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Feeling overwhelmed

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

lmw

As I posted before my son was diagnosed with autism. There are resources in my state to help with care for him, therapy and stuff. There is a waiting list and I was just told we could be waiting up to 3 years. That is a long time.

I live in Wisconsin close to the border of Minnesota, I grew up across the border, and I've heard a few times that it's not like that over there. I have family members who are telling me to just move back... but I've been here for 13 years in the same house.

I am a single mother, doing this with the Lord by my side, but it's just a lot to take in and I am overwhelmed. I just need some prayer.

As I posted before my son was diagnosed with autism. There are resources in my state to help with care for him, therapy and stuff. There is a waiting list and I was just told we could be waiting up to 3 years. That is a long time.

I live in Wisconsin close to the border of Minnesota, I grew up across the border, and I've heard a few times that it's not like that over there. I have family members who are telling me to just move back... but I've been here for 13 years in the same house.

I am a single mother, doing this with the Lord by my side, but it's just a lot to take in and I am overwhelmed. I just need some prayer.

i pray that the Lord will guide you on the way you should go lmw. I also pray for more strenght as you raise your son alone by yourself. May you continue to put your faith in Him. God will bless you always. :pray

Definitely count on prayers for you & your son from my niche in this world, lmw ... you're living in a tough reality through which you cannot do it alone... our Lord's strength is with you...and He is with you!

At this point in time, based on what you have written, I would recommend moving back across the border in order to get the help your son needs. The added bonus of having family there is also an important aspect.

True, uprooting you & your son and making the move will involve a lot of time and money, plus you'll be leaving the house in which you've lived for 13 years. You'd have to find housing, a job, etc. Not easy. However, your son has requirements that can be met if you move.

Before making the move, I would try to ascertain if indeed those services will be available, though.

Blessings!

How old is your little fellow? I send Love to both you and him.

In Canada we have a TV Show called the Nature of Things. Last week they aired a show on autism. Apparently it "may" be caused by antibotics in infants, but sadly medical sience is slow in changing course, if you wish I can look for the episode for you on line and if I can find it I will send you the link.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back