Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fighting for our families.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi JLB

I hear ya! But where in the Scriptures do you find this 'fighting for your family' as some teaching of the Scriptures? Yes, we are certainly encouraged to love and protect those in our family, but this idea of fighting against the government just doesn't seem to be a part of that, as explained in the Scriptures.

I once again point out, that Israel was under pretty tough Roman occupation at the time of Jesus' visitation. But we don't read a single instruction that Jesus ever asked or exampled those who follow his teachings to rise up against a government authority. This is merely the pride of men.

God's got my back. If the government should ever come up with some charge to bring against me, I'm going to trust that however it gets worked out, it will be with the approval of God. If I live into the last days when the great tribulation against the saints comes...God will still have my back. There is not one single piece of Scripture that can be shown to be some teaching of the people rising up against some ungodly government. Jesus told those who love him, that they should count it all joy when they are persecuted for his name's sake. Why don't you do that?

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back