Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Finches

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Angel

Ok... I really LOVE birds! Hearing them sing and chirp is one of my favorite things about life.
I really want to get a pair of finches, but don't have the money for them. Could you please pray that God would give me a pair of finches? I don't know if I am being selfish or not..but i would be amazing to invite them into my family... thanks..
Angel

Are you responsible enough to keep their cage clean and give them fresh water and food?

Just kidding, Angel.

I will pray for you to receive finches. :nod

God bless.

70ff84b35fa03ee1394869146e34df41.jpg
I think I agree with aqua....

Gosh I'm sorry I even asked!!!
Angel.I have had birds in cages.I had a parakeet when I was a child.I named her Bonnie :).She layed an egg once.And then my Bonnie was no longer.I have never thought of what aqua said.I love to go to pet stores and see the birds.They do not look like they are in distress.But then when I really thought about it I can imagine that they would like to be free.

Gosh I'm sorry I even asked!!!

Hey, I don't agree, Angel. Don't feel bad.
This is how I look at it. Those little birds in the stores are not happy there, they will be there until someone loves them enough to give them a loving home.
You will love them and care for them. They will be fine. It's not like you are trapping a wild animal and then locking them up.
You are doing a good thing for them.

God Bless you, honey.

Thanks agua
i thought you were judging me negatively

No Sister not judging. I shouldn't have said anything but be aware if I ever baby sit your finches they may spend most of the time flying around the house :biggrin

I used to have some budgies (parakeets, as they are often called).
View attachment 4166 View attachment 4167

They are adorable, but I've always have bad luck with birds. None of the cocktiels (sp?) I had as a kid lived long. Although I had these guys for a considerably longer amount of time, they died rather unpleasant deaths. And although I had the green one as a fledgling, I was never able to get her fully used to being handled. I made some progress after a while, but then she got spooked by something that happened and never trusted me again. :missyou
I found out later on that budgies tend to have a lot of health problems, too, probably due to poor breeding practices.

Anyway, after that depressing information:sorry2....
I've seen finches at the pet store in my area. Although one of my budgies came from a pet store, I generally wouldn't recommend it, though. I learned a few years back that getting dogs from a pet store is bad for a few reasons (health and they come from unethical sources), and I know less about birds, but in talking to some bird people sounds like the same kinda deal with them.
I think that there are some shelters or organizations that take in pet birds and try to find them homes, though. Never looked into it deeply.:chin

Oh, you're looking for ones that don't come with a price tag.
Well I'd say looking in the classified fields in the paper would be good (that's how I got my blue budgie, he lived to be about 9 or 10 before a health condition came up), but you probably already know that.

We have a bunch of Goldfinches who reside in our Blue Spruce trees out front and are regularly feeding at the tube, suet, and feeder out back just 20 ft or so from the kitchen window. We also have an array of other birds including Cardinals, Doves, Blue Jays, Titmice, some type of Warbler, Wood Peckers, and several other varieties and once in a while Orioles. They especially appreciate me keeping the feeders filled right now in this unbelievable snowy winter. They are so much enjoyment to watch any time of the day. They come and go as they please. Every now and then I am blessed with an up close and personal encounter as I refill their food or am out clearing the path in the snow to the feeders. I suppose that if I really wanted to increase those encounters it would be easy by just being out there more but I have so many other things to do. It is interesting to watch how the different varieties relate. The Cardinals here are the biggest I have ever seen and I am 59. They are almost as large as the Blue Jays. The Titmice live right under the deck under the kitchen window. We just moved here last year and I have been very busy at the old house making improvements but I will be placing birdhouses around the yard once I find out what kind and color and size and height and exposure and etc I need to have .

I used to have some budgies (parakeets, as they are often called).
View attachment 4166 View attachment 4167

They are adorable, but I've always have bad luck with birds. None of the cocktiels (sp?) I had as a kid lived long. Although I had these guys for a considerably longer amount of time, they died rather unpleasant deaths. And although I had the green one as a fledgling, I was never able to get her fully used to being handled. I made some progress after a while, but then she got spooked by something that happened and never trusted me again. :missyou
I found out later on that budgies tend to have a lot of health problems, too, probably due to poor breeding practices.

Anyway, after that depressing information:sorry2....
I've seen finches at the pet store in my area. Although one of my budgies came from a pet store, I generally wouldn't recommend it, though. I learned a few years back that getting dogs from a pet store is bad for a few reasons (health and they come from unethical sources), and I know less about birds, but in talking to some bird people sounds like the same kinda deal with them.
I think that there are some shelters or organizations that take in pet birds and try to find them homes, though. Never looked into it deeply.:chin

My Husband had a Cockatiel that lived for 15 years!

Oh, you're looking for ones that don't come with a price tag.
Well I'd say looking in the classified fields in the paper would be good (that's how I got my blue budgie, he lived to be about 9 or 10 before a health condition came up), but you probably already know that.
I've seen finches on craigslist for 8 dollars a piece.
It's having a comfortable cage for them, and one that fits in my apartment is the concern
If I get them...they will be spoiled!

We have a bunch of Goldfinches who reside in our Blue Spruce trees out front and are regularly feeding at the tube, suet, and feeder out back just 20 ft or so from the kitchen window. We also have an array of other birds including Cardinals, Doves, Blue Jays, Titmice, some type of Warbler, Wood Peckers, and several other varieties and once in a while Orioles. They especially appreciate me keeping the feeders filled right now in this unbelievable snowy winter. They are so much enjoyment to watch any time of the day. They come and go as they please. Every now and then I am blessed with an up close and personal encounter as I refill their food or am out clearing the path in the snow to the feeders. I suppose that if I really wanted to increase those encounters it would be easy by just being out there more but I have so many other things to do. It is interesting to watch how the different varieties relate. The Cardinals here are the biggest I have ever seen and I am 59. They are almost as large as the Blue Jays. The Titmice live right under the deck under the kitchen window. We just moved here last year and I have been very busy at the old house making improvements but I will be placing birdhouses around the yard once I find out what kind and color and size and height and exposure and etc I need to have .
My mother has a bird feeder in her garden. I used to fill it up to the top and watch the finches eat ALL the food. (birds eat a LOT!)
I love the way they hop. :)

Back