Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Finding The Living God - Living Testimony

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

duari91

Let me start off my story by taking you back to my childhood...

I was raised in a LUTHERAN home. Some of my earliest memories included God, or Jesus. My family was never perfect, but they never had any skeletons in there closet. While they were off base on many christian levels, I would still consider them 'good.' It was clear that they had every intention of immersing me with the knowledge of God. My first educational experience (pre-school) was at a private school (Christ Lutheran). In fact, I stayed at that same private school until the fourth grade. I was taken out of the private school because...well...I was struggling in school, and no one offered any help to me. Imagine that right? A school run by christians, and not one willing to help? This left a bad impression upon me when I was young, and still does to this day. I now view that church a place filled with people only concerned with there OWN salvation, and not the salvation of others.

I went along the public school system, never changing my beliefs. I am proud to say, that I never once changed from that point, until now. I always believed in God, sure, but the strength of my faith had rocked for sure. At the age of 19, I committed sexual immorality. Because of this, I was destined to have a child. Strangely enough, it was this event that caused me to become a REAL christian! I know I said that I never changed my beliefs, but belief and faith are completely different. I guess I just never explored christianity enough when I was younger. Regardless, at the age of 19, I became a TRUE christian. It was at this point that I believed that I was truly saved. I could FEEL the holy spirit inside of me, inspire me, and direct me toward the life I was destined to live.

Because of the mistake that I had made, I decided to reconcile as a man. I married the mother of my child. It was kind of ironic though. I was trying to reconcile and do what I thought a christian man would do, but didn't truly understand the dynamics of marriage. In short, I married an abusive, adulteress who eventually abandoned me. Twice to be exact. Well, the verbal abuse came first, then the abandonment. I prayed to God, and asked him to HELP me, and guide me down the path I was to take. I asked him to make things CLEAR for me, so the decision would be easy. Directly after this point, I found that she cheated. This was all the proof I needed. I divorced her. A little while after the divorce, I prayed to God. I asked him to help me do things differently this time. Firstly, to stop the sexual immorality. Second, I wanted God to choose when I would be ready to date again. Lastly, I also wanted God to choose this person for me.

So what did I do? I sat back, and relaxed. Knowing that in my heart, God would answer my prayer. I had immense faith in him, as I still do. As some time went by, this person found me. This person was God sent, I have no doubt. For the first time, I was dating someone who was a christian. Someone who held the SAME values as I. Someone who knew the role of husband and wife according to the bible. Everything seemed so perfect, because it was. It was brought together by God. This whole event gave me a permanent faith in God, and in my opinion, is proof of his existence. Things began to happen that I can hardly describe. All of my prayers were being answered, ALL of them. Things fell into place that were literally impossible to click together by chance. God has BLESSED me beyond belief! Any prestige I have gained, any respect, and mends to my life are all attributed to him!

I married the woman he picked for me. I often tell my wife that I will never be able to repay God for what he has done for me. Revealing himself in amazing ways, and giving me the most beautiful woman in the world for me to treasure!

I hope by reading this testimony, you will see the glory of God!

Let me start off my story by taking you back to my childhood...

I was raised in a LUTHERAN home. Some of my earliest memories included God, or Jesus. My family was never perfect, but they never had any skeletons in there closet. While they were off base on many christian levels, I would still consider them 'good.' It was clear that they had every intention of immersing me with the knowledge of God. My first educational experience (pre-school) was at a private school (Christ Lutheran). In fact, I stayed at that same private school until the fourth grade. I was taken out of the private school because...well...I was struggling in school, and no one offered any help to me. Imagine that right? A school run by christians, and not one willing to help? This left a bad impression upon me when I was young, and still does to this day. I now view that church a place filled with people only concerned with there OWN salvation, and not the salvation of others.

I went along the public school system, never changing my beliefs. I am proud to say, that I never once changed from that point, until now. I always believed in God, sure, but the strength of my faith had rocked for sure. At the age of 19, I committed sexual immorality. Because of this, I was destined to have a child. Strangely enough, it was this event that caused me to become a REAL christian! I know I said that I never changed my beliefs, but belief and faith are completely different. I guess I just never explored christianity enough when I was younger. Regardless, at the age of 19, I became a TRUE christian. It was at this point that I believed that I was truly saved. I could FEEL the holy spirit inside of me, inspire me, and direct me toward the life I was destined to live.

Because of the mistake that I had made, I decided to reconcile as a man. I married the mother of my child. It was kind of ironic though. I was trying to reconcile and do what I thought a christian man would do, but didn't truly understand the dynamics of marriage. In short, I married an abusive, adulteress who eventually abandoned me. Twice to be exact. Well, the verbal abuse came first, then the abandonment. I prayed to God, and asked him to HELP me, and guide me down the path I was to take. I asked him to make things CLEAR for me, so the decision would be easy. Directly after this point, I found that she cheated. This was all the proof I needed. I divorced her. A little while after the divorce, I prayed to God. I asked him to help me do things differently this time. Firstly, to stop the sexual immorality. Second, I wanted God to choose when I would be ready to date again. Lastly, I also wanted God to choose this person for me.

So what did I do? I sat back, and relaxed. Knowing that in my heart, God would answer my prayer. I had immense faith in him, as I still do. As some time went by, this person found me. This person was God sent, I have no doubt. For the first time, I was dating someone who was a christian. Someone who held the SAME values as I. Someone who knew the role of husband and wife according to the bible. Everything seemed so perfect, because it was. It was brought together by God. This whole event gave me a permanent faith in God, and in my opinion, is proof of his existence. Things began to happen that I can hardly describe. All of my prayers were being answered, ALL of them. Things fell into place that were literally impossible to click together by chance. God has BLESSED me beyond belief! Any prestige I have gained, any respect, and mends to my life are all attributed to him!

I married the woman he picked for me. I often tell my wife that I will never be able to repay God for what he has done for me. Revealing himself in amazing ways, and giving me the most beautiful woman in the world for me to treasure!

I hope by reading this testimony, you will see the glory of God!

Amen , i am in awe of God's glory by reading this my heart believes that God is always in control. Thanks for sharing duari91

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back