Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Fire breathing dinosaurs

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Barbarian observes:
Boiling hot chemicals. But not fire. And that is related to other chemicals and structures found in less spectacular beetles. The problem is that vertebrates don't have any structures from which even very hot chemical jets could evolve.

For something like that to appear, there has to be a chain of intermediate forms that would at worst be harmless to the organism. And there just isn't a way. Humans, who use hands for almost everything, would be well-served by a second pair of them. But there's no path to evolve a second set of limbs.

then Giraffes should not exist, but they do.

And all sorts of intermediate giraffoids have existed. Some of them still exist.

what intermediate forms let to a long neck and a heavy duty heart and a special heart valve

From short to longest:
Pronghorn antelopes, okapis, Sivatherium (fossil), modern giraffes. Turns out neck length in giraffes is allometric. That is, an increase in absolute size produces a relative increase in neck length. There are a lot of fossil intermediates I haven't cited. Would you like to learn about some of them?

Giraffes have all the same structures you do. For example, the one-way valves in the blood vessels of your legs are much more robust than they are in quadrupeds of the same mass as you. Because they have to be, in order to pump blood higher than it would have to go in a quadruped. But you have the same valves, just bigger ones. Giraffes have the same adaptations you do, but more robust.

And they are less so, in intermediate forms like the Okapi.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Kidding..NO. Dead serious. All they need is an ignition source. In fact you can ignite a cows burp.
Fire produces massive amount of heat . Nevermind that with ch4 it does build up fumes and needs to be discharged.you would have ignite it outside of the mouth and away from the eyes.

That is part of a passage that starts at Ch 38 in which God makes it very clear to Job that what God does is beyond Job's understanding.
calvin here,
I'm very glad you brought this point up.
While a lot of the book is the unwise utterances of Job's friends and can be dismissed as waffle, the dialogue of the Lord is His word.

Hi guys calvin here,
A few thoughts on past comment. There is a reptile alive today that also qualifies as a vertebrate.
The spitting cobra squirts venom from forward facing holes in its fangs.
So there exists a precedent in nature for a reptile squirting a liquid from its mouth. (not flammable, but highly toxic.)
Surly it would be feasible and possible for a large dinosaur or other large beast to have existed that could quirt or spit white phosphorus? White phosphorus is highly toxic, but so is the cobra's venom. White phosphorus will spontaneous combust in air.
In Job 41:21, I think the reference to fire here could pretty well be satisfied by the use of phosphorus.
Just a few thoughts of mine

Hi guys calvin here,
A few thoughts on past comment. There is a reptile alive today that also qualifies as a vertebrate.
So there exists a precedent in nature for a reptile squirting a liquid from its mouth. (not flammable, but highly toxic.)
Surly it would be feasible and possible for a large dinosaur or other large beast to have existed that could quirt or spit white phosphorus? White phosphorus is highly toxic, but so is the cobra's venom. White phosphorus will spontaneous combust in air.
In Job 41:21, I think the reference to fire here could pretty well be satisfied by the use of phosphorus.
wiley pete is a chemical burn not the type of fire they are saying.

calvin here,
I'm very glad you brought this point up.
While a lot of the book is the unwise utterances of Job's friends and can be dismissed as waffle, the dialogue of the Lord is His word.
Yes. And the Lord cannot use examples from the widely held mythology of man to get His point across if He so chooses.

iakov the fool

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it. No sniveling! Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.

The problem is not so much that it's toxic, as that it's highly reactive. So no way to hold in in the body. Oxygen would ignite it, even in tissue fluid.

The Lord could provide that... by grinding the teeth together it would act like striking flint?
you realize that bone will break apart in a fire if its in there long enough. flames from a simple lighter will measure 500f plus. I have use my ir temp probe on a lighter. some of these go higher up to 1000f, an yes the ones I use to solder will also be even higher.

you realize that bone will break apart in a fire if its in there long enough. flames from a simple lighter will measure 500f plus. I have use my ir temp probe on a lighter. some of these go higher up to 1000f, an yes the ones I use to solder will also be even higher.

and chickens use gravel to help in they're digestion.. maybe dragons used a similar tool?

and chickens use gravel to help in they're digestion.. maybe dragons used a similar tool?
Uhm no,they use a gizzard .gizzardS are in ducks,chicken ,turkey and are edible.my wife eats chicken gizzard often.it's sold localy.the point you are missing is the very tip of his mouth would be beyond normal temperature of boiling water.the chemistry of this would make it way different then a dinosaur . it must breathe elsewhere and or hold its breathe while discharging or use a large storage means of methane with periodic discharges as that tends to explode if it's not stored and vented right.

This is why dumps have those perpetual flames at night ,it's to leach the methane .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back