Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fireworks , are you ready ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hawkman

Staff member
I was not , :lol , lol .
Many years ago I was a spectator to my two brother-in-laws shooting bottle rockets . I was on the back porch of the house where I thought I was safe :rolleyes .
My BIL was placing a bottle rocket in a bottle and shooting it straight up into the sky , he was about 20 feet away from where I was standing .
He lights a bottle rocket and the next instant I realize I have that bottle rocket still burning and then exploding down in my shirt :eek2!
After it explodes in my shirt my brother-in-laws are laughing their heads off at me , I guess I was doing the fireworks are in my clothes dance :lock , lol .
On examination I found out that the rocket got between my sweater and shirt I had on and burned a nice large hole in my shirt and my undershirt was smoked up some but my sweater unharmed , but my dignity was majorly damaged . LOL .

Bottom line . If you are watching fireworks burn and explode make sure kin folk are not lighting them , lol .

Some years ago on the 4th of July my one friend had acquired a commercial fireworks shell,he couldn't wait to launch it safely.Thats when another friend showed up,in their drunken haste they found a piece of terra-cotta pipe to use as a "Mortar Tube".By this time I had taken refuge behind the corner of a house.They lit the foot long fuse and dropped the shell into the pipe,the only problem was,the shell was upside down.There was a very bright and loud Ka-Boom with a large fan shaped shower of multi-colored stars ,right after I heard someone Yell,Run!!!.Nobody got hurt,somehow.If you think a fireworks shell is bright up in the sky,you should see one explode in someone's backyard.

The good ol days when they were legal and people had fun, now im only allowed to watch them by professional pyrotechnics at public displays.

Last edited:
Oh yea, its new years eve so thats like the most quiet night of the year for me.

Last edited:
Back