Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

First impression of new board

Tell us about your first impression

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What do you dislike about it?

A lot of different things. Maybe nothing really big, but a lot of little things. For example...
  • Light colored text on a light background is hard to read.
  • The search feature doesn't seem to work well. I was searching for a thread and entered the exact title, but it didn't show up in the results.
  • When I click on the title of a thread on the main page, it doesn't take me to the first post, but to a more recent post, and I have to go back to the first page manually.
  • When you quote somebody, instead of the persons name being a link back to the original post, now it's only one exclamation point, which isn't very visible and is hard to click on exactly.
  • There's no way of quoting a partial post. You have to quote the whole post and then delete the parts you don't want, which is sometimes more than you do want to quote.
The TOG​

the TOG. May the good LORD restore back your peace. Amen? Amen!

Stove is gonna put a smile on your face again.:biggrin:)

Light colored text on a light background is hard to read.
I agree. That is something I am working on fixing. I'm the "colour guy".

The search feature doesn't seem to work well. I was searching for a thread and entered the exact title, but it didn't show up in the results.
That would be something for StoveBolts to look into.

When I click on the title of a thread on the main page, it doesn't take me to the first post, but to a more recent post, and I have to go back to the first page manually.
I hear you. I'm not sure if that can be changed.

When you quote somebody, instead of the persons name being a link back to the original post, now it's only one exclamation point, which isn't very visible and is hard to click on exactly.
I personally don't find this a problem, but it is probably something we can change if it's really annoying to many people. I say this because it could be tricky to do.

There's no way of quoting a partial post. You have to quote the whole post and then delete the parts you don't want, which is sometimes more than you do want to quote.
That feature is coming. It was actually only a very recent addition to our old site.

I asked 2 days ago' what are those points for up there by my name' and I not got a answer yet. I have 38 points what does it mean staff ?

I asked 2 days ago' what are those points for up there by my name' and I not got a answer yet. I have 38 points what does it mean staff ?
Lewis,
The board runs on a point system. Depending on how many points you have determines what user title will be assigned to you. For example: Your user title says "Active Member". That title is self generated based on criteria set by default. You may remember getting "Trophies". Those trophies generate points, and depending on how many points you have dictates your title.

Currently the "Trophies" feature has been turned off.

Hey reba what does the points up there by my name mean' I have 38 of them ?
Some childish goofy thing this site does..... Beyond that Lewis i dont know...

I do know i like the smilies....:sohappy

Ok so i kept reading and saw Stoves post yeah what he said....

But to be honest it would have been better if this board was run by Invision Power. When I had my last Christian site I used them. And I still have friends who use them. They are one of the best out there, and the features are second to none. And they have good plans that don't cost to much. This board has nothing on Invision, and administrative control panel is fantastic.
http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/board/

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back