Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Follow Me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Anyone see YWAM's Winkey Pratney, @ Wagner Leadership on http://www.God.TV say, last week, "Jesus speaks like He owns the universe - no 3-point sermon - just "Follow Me!"

Follow Me

After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him. (NIV) Luke 5:27-28

So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him. (NIV) Luke 5:11

In both accounts from Luke 5 as Jesus called His disciples, we read that they left everything and followed Him. Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus!

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not work or business. . .

19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
20 At once they left their nets and followed him. (Matthew 4:19-20)

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not the comforts of home. . .

Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go."
20 Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." (Matthew 8:19)

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not your family. . .

21 Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."
22 But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. (Matthew 8:21-22)

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not money or possessions. . .

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Matthew 19:21)

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not the timing of the call. . .

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
18 At once they left their nets and followed him. (Mark 1:17-18)

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not the comforts of knowing where you'll be living. . .

57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go."
58 Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." (Luke 9:57-58)

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not excuses. . .

59 He said to another man, "Follow me." But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."
60 Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:59-60)

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not memories of the past, good or bad. . .

61 Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family."
62 Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:61-62)

Nothing should compete for your allegiance to Jesus. . .not your own desires or the depth of the sacrifice. . .

Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. (Luke 9:23)

What is competing with your allegiance to Jesus Christ?

Written by Marji "Mike" Kruger

Forward this devotion to a friend

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back