Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Food for thought

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If we ask that, we also need to ask if breaking pots to get items in a Zelda game is sinful, they are definitely not Link's property.
A line must exist somewhere, but where is it?
I do think there is a difference between playing a character (be it in a game or acting in a movie or voice acting) who sometimes does things that are wrong, and doing them yourself, especially since you know not to do those things and can tell the difference between fiction and reality. On the other hand, I wouldn't be alright entering a strip joint in GTA. I guess questions to ask would need to include the purpose for it being there.

Here's the thing, the bible says

"Whatever is against one's conscience is a sin"

And it was against my conscience to rob that house in skyrim.

But here in lies the problem

The game is designed to rob and steal from people, it's so you can advance your thieving skills. You don't have too, but you can if you want to become a thief.

But how can I ever play a thief character if I let my conscience over rule me in a 3d Roll playing game?

Here's the thing, the bible says

"Whatever is against one's conscience is a sin"

And it was against my conscience to rob that house in skyrim.

But here in lies the problem

The game is designed to rob and steal from people, it's so you can advance your thieving skills. You don't have too, but you can if you want to become a thief.

But how can I ever play a thief character if I let my conscience over rule me in a 3d Roll playing game?
You have interesting questions WarZero.

Are you kidding here?

Your conscience.
WHY does it bother you?
HOW did you acquire a conscience?

I don't play these games so I don't know about skyrim.

You have interesting questions WarZero.

Are you kidding here?

Your conscience.
WHY does it bother you?
HOW did you acquire a conscience?

I don't play these games so I don't know about skyrim.
Well that bible passage is a statement of fact, but it's inconsistent with this current psychological dilemma.

Simple answer. Let go of the thief character. If something bothers your conscience then don't do it. Some things are easier then others on this aspect but in a game setting it should be even easier still.

Back