Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Food For Thought

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

WIP

Staff member
Occasionally, I like to tune in to a morning program on the Catholic Channel on SiriusXM, channel 129, called, "Seize the Day." The host of the program, Gus Lloyd, often includes what he titles his, "60 Second Reflections" and yesterday he asked the question (I'm paraphrasing a little), "Suppose you found yourself as a defendant in a court of law, charged with being a Christian. Would the prosecution have enough evidence to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?"

I thought it was good food for thought.

"Suppose you found yourself as a defendant in a court of law, charged with being a Christian. Would the prosecution have enough evidence to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?"
I suppose if the intent was to seek to condemn me for being a Christian, yes, they would find sufficient evidence. If the intent was to condemn me for being a hypocrite, they would also find sufficient evidence to condemn me. The point being, whatever it is that the world seeks to condemn professing Christians about, whether it's for being a Christian, or being a hypocrite, the world has a way of finding the evidence they need to get the outcome they are seeking.

3I care very little, however, if I am judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4My conscience is clear, but that does not vindicate me. It is the Lord who judges me.
1 Corinthians 4:3-4

Occasionally, I like to tune in to a morning program on the Catholic Channel on SiriusXM, channel 129, called, "Seize the Day." The host of the program, Gus Lloyd, often includes what he titles his, "60 Second Reflections" and yesterday he asked the question (I'm paraphrasing a little), "Suppose you found yourself as a defendant in a court of law, charged with being a Christian. Would the prosecution have enough evidence to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?"

I thought it was good food for thought.
Unless you confessed to being a Christian, I don't see how. But if being a Christian were ever made a crime, I doubt they would care about evidence.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back