Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

For men only: a straightforward guide to women.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Feminism teaches us that Women are deep and complex creatures that and that a Man must educate himself to even come close to opening his little mind to the incredible Universe of Women.....on the other hand Men are simple creatures who respond to simple commands and are best managed with the performance/reward model of manipulation and control....in the same manner one would train a Dog or Horse.

That's not what feminism teaches, or at least not the kind of feminism I'd support.
But you're right saying that those gender stereotypes make men look pretty much like lower creatures. It's sexism against men.

I'm sorry but that is exactly what it teaches...Christianized feminism maybe slightly different.

I'm sorry but that is exactly what it teaches...Christianized feminism maybe slightly different.

Naw. There are various kinds of "feminism". Some actualy teach that women are better people or so. But that would still be sexism. If someone calls themselves a feminist and teaches that men are lower creatures and women are better they totally miss the point imo.
Today's mainstream feminism ("Thrid Wave Feminism") is actually aimed at equal opportunities, and against sexual harassment, sexual/ domestic violence or stereotypisation, linguistic discrimination (that's a thing that is way less relevant in the English language than it is for example in German) and "male-by-default"-thinking. Men need to be liberated from stereotypisation like women, and the idea is pretty much that gender shouldn't play as much a role any more for most of human life (having babies is still pretty much a women's thing; but most stuff like career choice, clothing, and who performs what role within a marriage should be all up to individual talents, interests and preferences).
So as a feminist I really dislike that stereotype of women being angels of complexity and depth while men are half apes. So most of those books dwelling on that kind of stereotypisation aren't feminist. They are rather sexist actually.

Naw. There are various kinds of "feminism". Some actualy teach that women are better people or so. But that would still be sexism. If someone calls themselves a feminist and teaches that men are lower creatures and women are better they totally miss the point imo.
Today's mainstream feminism ("Thrid Wave Feminism") is actually aimed at equal opportunities, and against sexual harassment, sexual/ domestic violence or stereotypisation, linguistic discrimination (that's a thing that is way less relevant in the English language than it is for example in German) and "male-by-default"-thinking. Men need to be liberated from stereotypisation like women, and the idea is pretty much that gender shouldn't play as much a role any more for most of human life (having babies is still pretty much a women's thing; but most stuff like career choice, clothing, and who performs what role within a marriage should be all up to individual talents, interests and preferences).
So as a feminist I really dislike that stereotype of women being angels of complexity and depth while men are half apes. So most of those books dwelling on that kind of stereotypisation aren't feminist. They are rather sexist actually.

From a woman's point of view,if you were a man it would be different.

One of the things I've found out in talking with my wife is that she likes to talk just for the fun of it. She feels a greater connection to me just through talking. I generally like to talk to give or receive information. If I'm not giving or receiving information, I tend to be quiet. For a long time I didn't understand why my wife would tell me things I already knew, or ask me questions to which she already knew the answer. I'd think, "Gee, we already discussed this. Why is she bringing it up again?" Finally I realized that she was bringing it up again, basically as an ice-breaker of sorts to get me to talk and to have the conversation morph into other topics. I don't think my wife and I are atypical in this. I know that each person is different, but I think that broadly speaking, our relationship mirrors what happens in a lot of couples. :)

One of the things I've found out in talking with my wife is that she likes to talk just for the fun of it. She feels a greater connection to me just through talking. I generally like to talk to give or receive information. If I'm not giving or receiving information, I tend to be quiet. For a long time I didn't understand why my wife would tell me things I already knew, or ask me questions to which she already knew the answer. I'd think, "Gee, we already discussed this. Why is she bringing it up again?" Finally I realized that she was bringing it up again, basically as an ice-breaker of sorts to get me to talk and to have the conversation morph into other topics. I don't think my wife and I are atypical in this. I know that each person is different, but I think that broadly speaking, our relationship mirrors what happens in a lot of couples. :)

Good stuff, I can relate to that.:thumbsup

so when paul wrote that as Christ loved the church so should the man love his wife , a newer translation should reword it as Christ loved the church so should a women and men love each other?you know that really changes the idea of the trinity reflected in the marriage. the idea of the bride is to the jewish viewpoint that the man then in that era picked his wife based on what the parents thought and selected. but the jews also show that the man did pick his wife at times on his own and also based not on her looks or character of what he could get but for his love her. that reflects well what Christ did at the cross.

I also will add the injuries my wife has from working like a man. at age 50., a right shoulder that has to be replaced(the humorous has a tip on it.)knots in her back like men get and also other back injuries.

so when paul wrote that as Christ loved the church so should the man love his wife , a newer translation should reword it as Christ loved the church so should a women and men love each other?you know that really changes the idea of the trinity reflected in the marriage. the idea of the bride is to the jewish viewpoint that the man then in that era picked his wife based on what the parents thought and selected. but the jews also show that the man did pick his wife at times on his own and also based not on her looks or character of what he could get but for his love her. that reflects well what Christ did at the cross.

I also will add the injuries my wife has from working like a man. at age 50., a right shoulder that has to be replaced(the humorous has a tip on it.)knots in her back like men get and also other back injuries.

My point is that modern era secular Feminism has destroyed the family and has made its presence known in every area of life including the Church.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back