Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

For my pilot friend....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
fear.gif
No way.....

Just learn to hang glide. There will be all the thrill you need in that, and it is not that expensive. Open it up to YouTube, and see a lot more.

Out where you live, there are all kinds of schools.

There's a lot to it....

Last edited:
Just learn to hang glide. There will be all the thrill you need in that, and it is not that expensive. Open it up to YouTube, and see a lot more.

Out where you live, there are all kinds of schools.
That would be a blast, too. Maybe I will check into it.

I'll tell you, feeling that wing lift you off the ground for the first time is an experience you will never duplicate in a plane.... not even in parachuting. Sail planes DO come close, but no cigar.

I'll tell you, feeling that wing lift you off the ground for the first time is an experience you will never duplicate in a plane.... not even in parachuting. Sail planes DO come close, but no cigar.
I can only imagine what it's like. I will look into that school, maybe there are some here that are closer. Thanks for sending the link.

You must have done everything! Have you ever tried one of those suits?

I can only imagine what it's like. I will look into that school, maybe there are some here that are closer. Thanks for sending the link.

You must have done everything! Have you ever tried one of those suits?
Nope, and I never would. ( That is if you are talking about one of the "Flying Squirrel" suits that no one has yet posted..... the jet thing with no engine.)

The "cocoon" on the hang glider is not a suit. you just lie in a "sleeve". I actually sat in a sling like the first guy in this video. (This video is of the very early days.... a neat time.)

Last edited:
Nope, and I never would. ( That is if you are talking about one of the "Flying Squirrel" suits that no one has yet posted..... the jet thing with no engine.)

The "cocoon" on the hang glider is not a suit. you just lie in a "sleeve". I actually sat in a sling.
I was talking about the Flying Squirrel suit, those are cool to watch, but yay, it looks like it would take a bit of practice.

They have a spot up nearby where I went hiking on Christmas day, it's quit a jaunt, but I imagine the view is breathtaking.

Did you hang glide over water? I'd prefer land. haha

I was talking about the Flying Squirrel suit, those are cool to watch, but yay, it looks like it would take a bit of practice.

They have a spot up nearby where I went hiking on Christmas day, it's quit a jaunt, but I imagine the view is breathtaking.

Did you hang glide over water? I'd prefer land. haha
Only over land, and it was not long until I graduated to a friend's powered glider.

Only over land, and it was not long until I graduated to a friend's powered glider.
You have lived the life Willie.

I imagine that was preferable, more control huh?

Were you a commercial pilot?

You have lived the life Willie.

I imagine that was preferable, more control huh?

Were you a commercial pilot?
No, never commercial. And I've lost my medical, so I'm not really a "pilot" any longer, just a "flyer".

Back