Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God is longsuffering...not willing that any should perish. He calls for men to repent. Some might call that a work, but God demands it so I'll go with God on this one.

2 Peter 3:9 - "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

It couldn't be clearer. God expects the wicked to TURN from his sins so they may live. He takes no pleasure when man refuses to TURN from his wicked ways. It is a requirement of our Righteous God that He punish sin, thus He calls on man to choose life.

Ez. 18:21-28 - "But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Can't get much "truer" than that...Amen...

What characterizes false teaching !

Jesus told His disciples that wolves would come in Sheep Clothing, however He assured them that they would know them by their fruits, not by outward appearance, but by the Fruit of their understanding of Salvation. Matt 7:18-20

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

All false religions, no matter how close they may resemble the Truth, will always fall short of Salvation entirely of Grace. They will always finally sneak a work of man into the equation as to how God save sinners.

Many will teach that one is saved by keeping commandments of God ! Repentance is such a commandment. Acts 17:30

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

It would hard to deny that repentance is not a commandment of God from this verse !

Or they teach that man is saved by his doing good as in Rom 2:7

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Or that one is saved by getting water baptized or some other religious observance ! Many use Acts 2:38 to teach that a man is not saved until he gets water baptized, and some take it a step further and say that this water baptism must include say it is done in the name of Jesus Christ before it is valid !

What is common in our day, the teaching that one must make a decision to accept Christ as their Saviour !

This can go on and on, but one thing for certain, these deceived ones cannot at anytime give a plain unadulterated Testimony of salvation by the Sovereign grace of God, because Jesus said it here Matt 7:18

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

A corrupt tree, one not born again, cannot, has not the ability, to bring forth good fruit, meaning a good testimony of the Gospel of God's Grace and Salvation through Jesus Christ !

God, Himself, says man has rejected Him.

1 Samuel 8:7 - "And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them."

1 Samuel 10:19 - "And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes, and by your thousands.

1 Samuel 15:23 - "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king."

Jeremiah 8:9 - "The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?"

Jesus was also rejected, and is being rejected to this very day.

Isaiah 53:3 - "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."

Luke 13:34 - "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!"

I do agree that we must come, look upon the Son, open the door when we hear the knock, drink of the living water, eat of the bread of life and seek in order to find.

Well I meant some Christians on this forum say they can reject God. Seems illogical to me. How can you reject something you believe? Or conversely, how can you accept what you don't believe? To me, saying you can reject Christ is practically an admission that you don't believe.

The ancient Israelites were given a choice - accept the law that was given to them, and follow the God who led them out of Egypt, or worship the idols of the neighbouring tribes. Accepting the law didn't work for them. It won't work for you. Why do you keep going back to the things that don't work? You would think you would learn from the history of the Jews. If God left it up to choice, no man would be saved. There would be no kingdom. Leaving it up to choice does not work. If it was left up to man to decide, then there would be no kingdom.

God, in his wisdom, has done something you did not expect; he has created a kingdom for his Son, and he did not leave it up to you to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
What characterizes false teaching !

Jesus told His disciples that wolves would come in Sheep Clothing, however He assured them that they would know them by their fruits, not by outward appearance, but by the Fruit of their understanding of Salvation. Matt 7:18-20

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

All false religions, no matter how close they may resemble the Truth, will always fall short of Salvation entirely of Grace. They will always finally sneak a work of man into the equation as to how God save sinners.

And the very ripe hypocrisy in Christiandom continues to see 'only good fruit' in themselves and 'only bad fruit' in everyone who disagrees with them.

Open evidence says both fruit and non fruit exists in believers. It's just not a one or the other deal.

Many will teach that one is saved by keeping commandments of God ! Repentance is such a commandment. Acts 17:30

Gods Words are all sound and secure inclusive of THE LAW. The Law is spiritual, holy and good. No sense tossing it is there?

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

It would hard to deny that repentance is not a commandment of God from this verse !

Nope, that is the command for sure. But in your world God is incapable of issuing such a command to all men, or if He does, He really does not mean it and only means it to the 'elect.'
Or they teach that man is saved by his doing good as in Rom 2:7

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

God is certainly not AGAINST doing good. But unfortunately the actions of good in the unsaved in determination land is deemed only 'superflous' or a temporary side effect that God grants to the soon to be damned.

Or that one is saved by getting water baptized or some other religious observance ! Many use Acts 2:38 to teach that a man is not saved until he gets water baptized, and some take it a step further and say that this water baptism must include say it is done in the name of Jesus Christ before it is valid !

Yeah, there are many ways to condemn other believers based on a myriad of slight variations on just about any angle. See the one commonality there yet?

You practice no differently. Just a different bully pulpit.

What is common in our day, the teaching that one must make a decision to accept Christ as their Saviour !

Well, it might appear that if one claims Jesus as their Lord and Savior that the Holy Spirit has empowered them to do so?

This can go on and on, but one thing for certain, these deceived ones cannot at anytime give a plain unadulterated Testimony of salvation by the Sovereign grace of God, because Jesus said it here Matt 7:18

A corrupt tree, one not born again, cannot, has not the ability, to bring forth good fruit, meaning a good testimony of the Gospel of God's Grace and Salvation through Jesus Christ !

And you have exactly ZERO deception?

Please, sometimes these positions are so utterly funny I can only laugh.

The fact is that believers both have and have NOT fruit. If common sense is overclouded by 'self justifications' to the extent where we can no longer see the obvious, that speaks to itself. Some believers just CAN'T be honest about open facts for themselves. They ONLY want to see themselves as 'good fruit.'

Fact is, we all sin and SIN is VERY BAD FRUIT.

enjoy!

s

These scripture verses are getting brutal. There are verses to validate both sides. I think its time to consider which one would actualy be relevent relationally, predestination does not really promote accountability which, is a necessity in atleast social law, creates relevence (persuit of happiness) etc. Is an eternal truth not great enough, is Gods will and word not universal, etc... or is there some flaw in our current concept of predestination? and maby a misinterpretation of free will?

mark

Thats strange, for I have only posted it allover this forum in different threads..

Thats works salvation, condemned by scripture. Your position falls write into the catagory that I am now witnessing of !

To enter, that is something you state man must do to get saved !

Are doers of the word condemned? If God commands it, are we not to obey?

I agree there is something wrong with the argument for freewill. Does God have freewill? Can he choose whomever he wills? The same people who say people choose God, say God can not choose people. They make themselves greater than God. God can't choose. They can. Does the kingdom depend on them?

Are doers of the word condemned? If God commands it, are we not to obey?

Thats not the issue. You believe that a man is saved by what He does. Obedience is what man does, so you believe in salvation by works and not grace !

Gal 3:11

11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

The word law here is the greek word nomos and means:

anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

a) of any law whatsoever

1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God

a) by the observance of which is approved of God

2) a precept or injunction

Often times when we see the word law in scripture we immediately think of the Ten Commandments or the Mosaic Law which the scriptures do call the Law. However the word here inspired by God through Paul means more than the Mosaic Law or the Commandments, but does include any command whatsover, a law or rule producing a state approved of God, like Faith Heb 11:6

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

For a person to insist that they are Justified before God, or in His sight because of their faith, that God declared them Righteous before Him because they exercised faith, then that person is claiming Justification by his work of the law ! Matt 23:23

23Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Faith according to the Saviour was one of the more important things of the Law which should not be left undone ! Faith in God and His Promise of the Messiah, all the sacrifices they did pointed to Him. Lk 24:44

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Jn 5:46

For had ye believed[Faith] Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Faith was not something new to the people of God, for the Prophets preached Faith Hab 2:4

4Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

The Righteous or Justified man in the OT lived by Faith of the coming Messiah, who they realized was their Justification before God. The Father of the Faithful saw His Day and was Glad Jn 8:56

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Thats not the issue. You believe that a man is saved by what He does. Obedience is what man does, so you believe in salvation by works and not grace !

I believe in grace by faith SBG. But, 'He who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests on him'. John 3:36

This is why I asked if doers of the word are condemned.

mark

I believe in grace by faith SBG.

Yes which is contrary to scripture, faith is by grace ! Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Thats why I say you believe in works salvation !

More on Gal 3:11

The jews whom Jesus was speaking to and of in Matt 23, above all people had been given the law, in all its ceremonies, sacrifices and institutions, which all prefigured and foreshadowed Christ, and pointed to Him, to have Faith in His Blood as the basis of their acceptance and righteousness before God, this Paul points out in Rom 3:25,27

25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

This was the Law of Faith vs 27

27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

And this is what Jesus meant as to Faith being a more weighter matter of the Law Matt 23:23. So again, if one insists they are Justified before God, on the account of their Faith, then they are claiming Justification before God on account of keeping the Law, and such thinking is condemned by scripture !

More on Gal 3:11

You see Faith is not something that man was supposed to do as a condition to get justified before God, that's works, but it was a God given grace that revealed a Persons Justification before God based on Christ's Christ's obedience alone, and His imputed Righteousness laid to their account, so Faith revealed to them the object [Christ] who was their Justification and Righteousness before God Phil 3:9, His Blood Rom 3:25.

So it depends on how one understands Justification by Faith Rom 5:1, if they understand it as a condition one must meet and exercise in order to become Justified before God, which is works of the Law Justification, or if you view it as an God given grace by the Spirit of God, that reveals to you, your already Justified state before God because of Christ's blood and imputed righteousness on your account. This is no trifling matter but of momentous importance, for it makes the difference on whether one is saved or reprobate, for what a man thinketh in his heart, so is he Prov 23:7

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

If you or i believe that we are Justified before God, in His sight, because of our Faith, then we base it upon Law, and we defined the word law in the verse it is nomos :

a) of any law whatsoever

1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God ***

3) the rule of action prescribed by reason

b) of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents

c) the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, esp. the precept concerning love

d) the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

If that is your thinking, and God knows, you are a debtor to do the whole Law, for you have fallen from grace !

mark

Yes which is contrary to scripture, faith is by grace ! Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

I didn't say grace is earned by faith. I said grace by faith. Perhaps I should have put a comma after grace. Grace, by faith. Or grace, by faith in Jesus Christ. The righteous shall live by his faith Romans 3:25 I agree faith is a gift. However when you say salvation isn't dependent on works, that wipes out faith. 'He who does not obey the Son shall not live, but the wrath of God rests on him.' John 3:36

mark

I didn't say grace is earned by faith

I did not say you said that.

You posted :

I believe in grace by faith SBG.

And I posted in response:

Yes which is contrary to scripture, faith is by grace ! Acts
18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass
into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who,
when he was come, helped them much which had believed through
grace:

So? If I said through grace by faith does that help?

I believe you believe in salvation by works, what a man does, it does not matter what you say now unless you repent and admit you have been wrong .

Gal 3:11

11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

The word law here is the greek word nomos and means:

a) of any law whatsoever

1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God

Often times when we see the word law in scripture we immediately think of the Ten Commandments or the Mosaic Law which the scriptures do call the Law. However the word here inspired by God through Paul means more than the Mosaic Law or the Commandments, but does include any command whatsover, a law or rule producing a state approved of God, like Faith Heb 11:6

No. Paul is talking about the law of Moses. You're making stuff up.

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

For a person to insist that they are Justified before God, or in His sight because of their faith, that God declared them Righteous before Him because they exercised faith, then that person is claiming Justification by his work of the law ! Matt 23:23

23Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Faith according to the Saviour was one of the more important things of the Law which should not be left undone ! Faith in God and His Promise of the Messiah, all the sacrifices they did pointed to Him. Lk 24:44

Faith isn’t a matter of the law. Justice, mercy and faith are matters of the heart. Jesus said the Pharisees should have done those things without neglecting the weightier matters of the law.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back