Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

From death to life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: The S P E C I A L ones...

It amazes me what people actually believe

well said.............It amazes me what people actually believe. I don't under stand why you get so angry at the simple doctrines of Grace by God alone. Give us all patience Lord...............................................................................

May God bless you as only he can do..............

I know... who would actually believe that the LORD unconditionally chose them in light of the gospel of God's Son.. I'd imagine it tickles the ears of some though.

Re: Doctrines of men

Who knows what God does or why or how?

We know exactly why...

He hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the spirit and belief of the truth.

To some men that means God unconditionally chose them...

This is what happens when men teach you over and over that YOU are the elect rather than Christ.

But that's the way it needs to be with many... they need to believe that they're special, that they received the SPECIAL call whereas the others only receive the general call..

Last edited by a moderator:

all about John Calvin...

I know now who John Calvin was But I neither follow him nor endorse or disagree with him. He was a man just as I am and he needs the same savior we all need. I trust Jesus Christ and the scriptures, not someone else......................or some other book or writings. The truth is above all and we get that truth from the word of God and his Bible. I believe him and EVERY word of the bible as the one true guide to get us thru this world.

I know... Just like he never brings up that God doesn't love all people... or messages to the ELECT...

LOL...

Just when you think you've heard it all...

One sided rudeness will not close a thread. Drop the snarks. Make your argument from Scripture.

This is what happens when men teach you over and over

What I state is not taught me by any man , but I do know my election of God..................."..Knowing, breathen beloved your election of God.".....1 Thes. 1:4 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure'............1 Peter 1:10. This is what the scriptures say. Now weather or not we are his is his business. What he did in times far past, today is when we live and today is when we should always give him all the honor, power and glory due his name. That's what I do as he allows me to do so.

Yes I MUST believe in Jesus Christ alone and by himself is the my Saviour. It may be nonsense to you but to me it is the power of God to save a sinner like me from the wrath to come. And he IS coming....Maybe sooner than we think. I do so hope he sees Christ as my righteousness and none of mine when he comes. I trust him with all things now and forever

This is what happens when men teach you over and over

What I state is not taught me by any man

Please PROVE it josef...

Did God choose (elect) you...

a) unconditionally

b) because you BELIEVED the TRUTH

Or how about this one...

The Lord Jesus Christ died for...

a) the sins of the world..

b) the elect only..

EDITED for snark

My hope of glory is...

a) Christ in me

b) Christ AND me

[MENTION=29288]Eventide[/MENTION]..................Since you get so angry and follow another gospel from the one I believe in, I think it best for all if I no longer reply directly to you posts. If our paths cross while posting to others that's fine. I simply will not respond to your posts. I do hope you belong to him and may God Bless you as only he can do. After all that's what this is all about.......................Blessings from God though his son our Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Doctrines of men

@Eventide ..................Since you get so angry and follow another gospel from the one I believe in, I think it best for all if I no longer reply directly to you posts. If our paths cross while posting to others that's fine. I simply will not respond to your posts. I do hope you belong to him and may God Bless you as only he can do. After all that's what this is all about.......................Blessings from God though his son our Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Simply asking you to prove your last statement josef which was a claim that you do not follow the teachings of men...

Your refusal to do so says it all...

I'm actually enjoying this... not angry at all... I've seen the same thing for years and years now.. it's expected.

Rather than believe the truth of scripture which is that God chose you because you believed... you choose to believe that God chose you unconditionally..

Rather than believe the truth of scripture which is that Christ died for the sins of the world, you choose to believe that Christ only died for the ELECT..

edit

Now why did He choose you ?

Who knows what God does or why or how? Just that he does as he pleases, and I am thankful he included me. You should be also if you belong to him. Once again I ask you not to attack or try to change the Doctrines of a Soverign God. You don't like them and that's fine. I think all who read the forums see that I never attack what someone else believes. I quote scriptures often to support the truth. Believe as you will. I believe God chose me, died for me, and forgives me of my sins (that's good news) and I want to give him ALL the credit, honor and Glory for what he has done. Why did he chose me.................Because it pleased him to do so. May the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

This is common thinking and teaching in your theology josefno.

Josefno.....who knows what God does or why or how?

Who knows? Believers know.

When it comes to salvation and His Plan for man in salvation God did not make it a "mystery". In your theology it will be taught as "somewhat of a mystery". You will never "really know for sure"

Just a simple question to ourselves and a REALLY honest answer to ourselves.

Would God really have us spreading a Gospel that we could never REALLY know?

Look at your witness Josefno and ask if its biblical.

An unbeliever, who you do not know comes up to you and asks ," How do I become saved?" And your answer is," who really knows what God does or why or how."

1 Cor 2:16~~For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.

The call goes out to many but only a few are choosen. "For many are called but few are choosen."............Matt.22:14

The call goes out but many do not heed the call. If you would like we can look at this scripture in context of the parable it applies to. The explanation of the final statement you quoted is in the parable. Me thinks you are taking this statement out of context. There is nothing in this parable about pre-chosen, etc.
But a Very short summary is, don't try to sneak in without being washed in the blood of the lamb. One must be wearing the robe of salvation washed in the blood. But the reason for those that are not chosen are a different within the parable. But it's simply they did not choose the CHOSEN ONE, no wedding garment.

One short question? What do you believe happens when all the choosen are called and saved?

This question is vague. To what do you refer? Are you asking about the end times? Are you asking about the judgment? The separating of sheep and goats?
If sheep and goats then I would say that the sheep are those in wedding garments, washed in the blood of the Lamb, the goats are those who are not washed in the blood of the Lamb. That simple. It says in Rev. I believe that they are the ones that "washed their robes". They chose to be His rather than choosing to remain in the world while they were still alive on this earth.

But you never answer my questions about such things as "God commanding ALL men, everywhere to repent". How could God command such a thing but not give some men a way to do this?
That would be like me telling my grandson to clean up his Legos, while at the same time restraining him so that he couldn't. And then punishing him because he didn't do what I told him to do.
I think that God would be very angry with me if I were to treat my grandson in such a way and I believe He would punish me for that behavior towards this little one.
God sets the example for us and our lives and we can see God's nature in His Son.

Who knows? Believers know

Your right....true believers know they are saved and who saved them...........We know what the mind of the spirit is because the spirit helps the saints according to the will of God. ""And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth the mind of the spirit, because he maketh intersessions for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:27 How God does things we do not know. We were not there when he created us. We know the gospel and the truth about Salvation. But how God makes Rain, or wind, or flowers or tress, ECT we do not know. Sorry for the confusion . Again ,we the believers know the truth about Salvation and who it is that saves us. I stand corrected about the broad statement that we don't know such things, because we most certainly do. The gospel is not a mystery nor who has done such things. My statement was meant to say we don't know how God created things. .........'I know that when the Messias cometh, which is called Christ: he will tell us ALL things."........John 4:25 He's not going to tell us how he created water, or made a Baby, ect. He will tell us who he is and how he alone is the Saviuor. In that regards he will tell us all things.
This is common thinking and teaching in your theology josefno.

This is not my theology at all. I don't have a theology other than Jesus Christ is Lord of ALL and he was crucified for our sins. WE all need a Saviour and that savior is Christ. This is my theology in full. I do and must always say that God has a choosen people. This seems to be a point of contention that God choose a people and saved them. But he is God and he does save all his people without fail. I thank him that he alone did this.
Look at your witness Josefno and ask if its biblical.
J
I did examine my witness and it is biblical. I use scripture to support what I say. I am on solid Ground and I know Jesus Christ is my Saviour.
But I do stand corrected on such a broad statement.

"For who has known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counselor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed to him again. for of him, and through him and to him are ALL things to whom be glory for ever.......................Romans 11:34, 35, and 36

Glory to God alone in All things.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back