Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Funny Dicipline... And it works!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Julian Pyke

I have been diciplined when I was young, and nowthat I look back on it, I laugh.

My mom was consistant in spaking or grounding me if I did something wrong, THIS WORKED PERFECT!

But say i wanted to do something like touch something that was hot. She always said no, but finally agreed to learn from experience. I learned too :)

I would always put my dog in the dryer... because teh clothes were warm... my mom told me it was wrong. I kept doing it... and then she is like, "Ok, lets put you in there." Itw as wrong because he could die if she accidently turned it on. "Ok," I replied. I got in there, she thought I'd be scared when door clothes. I wasn't. Then she said can I turn it on, I told her yes. She heard kublunk, kublunk, kabunk. Turned it off. I learned my lesson, I wanted out, and dont stick dog in dryer. (Don't get me started on washer hehe! LOL JK)

What funny diciplines have you given?

I guarantee you that there are some on here that thing your mom is a child abuser and not fit to be a mom.

I on the other hand think you have a darn good mom! That sounds like something I would do... :lol: I would NEVER do anything to harm my children, but I will do what it takes to get them to understand and I've found that taking the same type of action that your mom took WORKS. I will swat my kids on the rear end if nothing else works though.

My one daughter used to constantly bother our sheltie (Cricket). I kept telling her that Cricket was going to bite her if she didn't stop. I finally got so fed up that instead of calling Cricket to come to me (so she wouldn't bite my daughter), I decided to see what she would do. She nipped my daughter. Didn't draw blood or anything, but got her good enough to scare her. Guess what? She now knows when to leave Cricket alone!

I can't think of much my mom has done. I was a good kid....I didn't get in trouble much! My problem was talking in school and one thing that I DO remember her doing is funny. It wasn't at the time though.

I had constantly been getting in trouble for talking and the teacher would call my mom all the time to tell her that I was disrupting the class with my motor mouth. I would get grounded, but it never worked. Anyways, one day in school, the teacher had to call my mom once again. About 30 minutes later, my mom walks in the classroom with this big roll of duct tape. She comes over to me, slaps a piece on my mouth, hands the teacher the roll of tape and loudly tells the teacher to use it on me when needed. I wanted to DIE. I was soooooo embarrased.

It worked though! I quickly shut up.

Since my step daughter is 11, she is getting weird about boys and is easily embarassed. So once in Wal Mart, she started to act up and would not listen. So her mother says in a loud voice, "Reilly, did you have an accident? Did you tinkle-winkle or poopie-woopie?" That embarased her so much she completely behaved.

Now just the threat of us saying something embarassing keeps her behaving in public. :)

Quath

LOL... well I could consider my mom sightly abusive, I mean, come on, she stuck me in a dryer and turned it on! Other then that, nope...

There is no such thing as child abuse when it comes to hitting your children, beating them is nothing but good for them!

Proverbs 22:15

Amen!

There is no such thing as child abuse when it comes to hitting your children, beating them is nothing but good for them!

Not always. If there isn't love and discipline and a reason to hit a kid it will not do any good, all they learn is fear of someone beating them. That isn't what either verse is talking about. Also beating them to the point of having to take them to the hospital is not discipline, it is abuse.

Proverbs 13:24(NASB)
24He who withholds his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him diligently.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Ephesians 6:4(NASB)
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

In context, discipline like spankings is ok biblically maybe even the responsibility of the parent as long as it is legal and necessary.

Zentihx
Here is a lesson your parents obviously didn't teach you, if you don't play nice you there are consequences, you may be banned. :-D If you have something relevant to say then good, but otherwise leave, thanks.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back