Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Future Cars

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Lewis

These are some great looking cars but most are built for smooth roads only, so many of these cars will never get produced. Many of these cars could not take a small pot hole. But these cars look fantastic.

Future cars - Bing Images

Oh, the false hopes and visions that were once instilled in my generation. I'm 44, and as a child I was told by now we would have flying cars similar to the Jetsons. And I believed them for sure when they said by now we would have automated cars where navigation was controlled by a computer, at least on the highways, if not from point A to point B.

I have a friend who's a commercial pilot. All he does is get the plane to the run way, then sits back until after it's landed. A few times/month he has to do a manual take-off and landing to comply with regulations. He admits that the passengers only complain when he's done it himself. While automated driving is much more complicated, I do believe the technology is there but that there are certain players that are interested in this not coming to pass. Sometimes I enjoy driving for the sake of driving, but overall, I'd much prefer to set my car to go and either nod off or get some work done.

Prototype cars only get me frustrated, because so little is employed. I'm interested in models that actually have shot of being produced.

Yeah, Mike, check out what Back to the Future reckons it will be like in four years time. :biggrin I want a flying skateboard! :lol

Oh, the false hopes and visions that were once instilled in my generation. I'm 44, and as a child I was told by now we would have flying cars similar to the Jetsons. And I believed them for sure when they said by now we would have automated cars where navigation was controlled by a computer, at least on the highways, if not from point A to point B.

I have a friend who's a commercial pilot. All he does is get the plane to the run way, then sits back until after it's landed. A few times/month he has to do a manual take-off and landing to comply with regulations. He admits that the passengers only complain when he's done it himself. While automated driving is much more complicated, I do believe the technology is there but that there are certain players that are interested in this not coming to pass. Sometimes I enjoy driving for the sake of driving, but overall, I'd much prefer to set my car to go and either nod off or get some work done.

Prototype cars only get me frustrated, because so little is employed. I'm interested in models that actually have shot of being produced.

Your post reminded me of this song from the 80's!!!!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXHWDhk7Hok

It's the eighties so where's our rocket packs
It's the eighties so where's our rocket packs?
Go anywhere, we strap them on our backs
1. (It's the eighties so where's our rocket packs?)
I thought by now I'd walk the moon
And ride a car without no tires
And have a robot run the vacuum
And date a girl made out of wires
No thing's don't change that much, do they?
We are still out of touch, by now we should discover
Just how to love each other, like Klattus' robot man
Your looks have killed again

2. (It's the eighties so where's our rocket packs?)
I thought by now we'd live in space
And eat a pill instead of dinner
And wear a gas mask on our face a President of female gender
Though progress marches on, (new day)
Our troubles will grow strong
And my expectancies, become my fantasies
You turn my blood to sand, the earth stands still again

My hopes are running low
things moving much too slow
No space men up above
And we're still so very far from love

3. (It's the eighties so where's our rocket packs?)
I thought by now we'd build a dome
Around the world, control the weather
In every house, a picture phone; communicate a little better
But some things never change (replay!)
You are still acting strange
No way that I can see, this way we will be free

Last edited by a moderator:
Back