Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Futurism&TheTemple

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
he also ignores the fact that if he takes the listed tribes of futurism unfilled prophecy the law is also back and no gentile nor any other hebrew save the levite can enter the holy of holies and the verses on the third temple dont mention a messiah but a prince.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

It has everything to do with your citation .:wave

Is it right in Gods eyes
[righteous] that individuals that, are left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem to go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles?

Yes = righteousness!

Does it bring peace and joy to someone to obey God and do what is right in His eyes? Yes

To go up to Jerusalem in that day and worship the King and keep the feast of Tabernacles is righteousness and it brings peace and joy to the individual who obeys the command of God as well as peace and joy to God Himself.

Thats how the kingdom of God operates!

JLB

he also ignores the fact that if he takes the listed tribes of futurism unfilled prophecy the law is also back and no gentile nor any other hebrew save the levite can enter the holy of holies and the verses on the third temple dont mention a messiah but a prince.

Lots of opinion, but not scripture!

Lots of opinion, but not scripture!
fine.

take notice of the wording and names
ezek 40
44 And without the inner gate were the chambers of the singers in the inner court, which was at the side of the north gate; and their prospect was toward the south: one at the side of the east gate having the prospect toward the north.
45 And he said unto me, This chamber, whose prospect is toward the south, is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the house.
46 And the chamber whose prospect is toward the north is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar: these are the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, which come near to the Lord to minister unto him.
ezekiel 42
Then said he unto me, The north chambers and the south chambers, which are before the separate place, they be holy chambers, where the priests that approach unto the Lord shall eat the most holy things: there shall they lay the most holy things, and the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; for the place is holy.
14 When the priests enter therein, then shall they not go out of the holy place into the utter court, but there they shall lay their garments wherein they minister; for they are holy; and shall put on other garments, and shall approach to those things which are for the people.

ezekiel 43
And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.

hmm that is close to what the sages teach on his dwelling in us and i have posted that before. it means not in physical temple but a flesh one.
2 chronicles 7
Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
16 For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

so? you are saying that the gentile can waltz in repent and see jesus on his throne? NOT. they will die if they did it that way the levites must be cleansed and holy.

This is the temple:

1Co 3:16 "Do you not know that YOU ARE THE TEMPLE OF GOD, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple YOU ARE."

1Pet 2:5 "You also, as living stones, are built up into a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ."

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet."

This is "natural" Israel:

Gal 4:25 "for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem WHICH NOW IS, and is in bondage with her children -

Whereas,

Gal 4:26 but the Jerusalem ABOVE is free, which is the mother of us all..
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are NOT children of the bondwoman, but of the free."

This is true (Spiritual) Israel:

Gal 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Rom 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Gal 6:15 "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a NEW creation.
Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God."

Simple, straightforward, Scriptural.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the temple:

1Co 3:16 "Do you not know that YOU ARE THE TEMPLE OF GOD, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple YOU ARE."

1Pet 2:5 "You also, as living stones, are built up into a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ."

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet."

Gal 4:25 "for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem WHICH NOW IS, and is in bondage with her children -

Whereas,

Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are NOT children of the bondwoman, but of the free."

Gal 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Rom 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Gal 6:15 "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a NEW creation.
Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God."

Not even close!

Natural Abraham is a true spiritual part of the Church, of which WE are grafted into.

Natural Abraham is who Jesus Christ made covenant with. Of which we are a part of today, if we are in Christ, which is to say, in covenant with Christ.

JLB

Is it right in Gods eyes
[righteous] that individuals that, are left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem to go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles?

Yes = righteousness!

Does it bring peace and joy to someone to obey God and do what is right in His eyes? Yes

To go up to Jerusalem in that day and worship the King and keep the feast of Tabernacles is righteousness and it brings peace and joy to the individual who obeys the command of God as well as peace and joy to God Himself.

Thats how the kingdom of God operates!

JLB
Hmmm I thought his kingdom had been working pretty well , just fine in fact with out returning to what Paul described as the ' weak and beggarly elements'.

So much like my earlier comparison of what Paul writes against what you post;

Originally Posted by Hitch
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

To go up to Jerusalem in that day and worship the King and keep the feast of Tabernacles is righteousness

Hmmm I thought his kingdom had been working pretty well , just fine in fact with out returning to what Paul described as the ' weak and beggarly elements'.

So much like my earlier comparison of what Paul writes against what you post;

Originally Posted by Hitch

To go up to Jerusalem in that day and worship the King and keep the feast of Tabernacles is righteousness

I am sorry you don't like what Zechariah has to say.

I think many will be surprised when He returns and establishes His Kingdom.

This is evident in the teachings of the parables that Jesus gave.

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

JLB

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

JLB

why then jesus said look not for the kingdom cant be observed? and that the kingdom of god is within you?

i took me a year to get what hitch and reba and even stormcrow were trying to say.

why would jesus kill the pharisees in judgement then tell the apostles to go into the world when he could have stayed and ruled from isreal then and there and let that nation be that light. if returning to the law is better then the cross and the church surely god would have done that. the pharisses wanted jesus to save isreal and that is now what the church is telling the jews. jesus is coming back to save isreal and return her to what she was supposed to do.yet that isnt what the bible says

you err ,

the feast of tabernacles was ordained before the idea by david to build the temple. one need even go to the jerusalem to do it. one can do it whereever one was at.

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Holidays/Fall_Holidays/Sukkot/sukkot.html

what was that for? to remember what?the wanderings during the 40 years.

dont add to it with silly fabrications.
you got it about half right

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel

Get a clue J ,Paul knew a lot more about ol Zech than you do, and since Paul was chosen especially to minister to us goyim by interpreting the ancient scriptures you really should pay attention.

Originally Posted By JLB,

Originally Posted By Osgiliath,

This is the temple:

Whereas,

Not even close!

Natural Abraham is a true spiritual part of the Church, of which WE are grafted into.

Natural Abraham is who Jesus Christ made covenant with. Of which we are a part of today, if we are in Christ, which is to say, in covenant with Christ.

Notice what JLB refers to as "not even close."

I posted nothing but Paul's exact words, cut and pasted directly from the Word of God, and yet JLB rejects his very words. See for yourselves (above) the total contempt those who are blinded have for the Scriptures, even when they are simply cut and pasted - consisting of nothing but Paul's words :nono2. Incredible.

We can't be too hard on those in Babylon though, for it is God Himself who blinds them:

Ezekiel 14:9 "And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel."

2Th 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie..."

For what cause? Why does God send 'strong delusion'? The answer is given in the preceding verse:

2Th 2:10 "...because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved"

Paul said,

1Co 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

And Jesus said,

Mat 13:11 "He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the MYSTERIES of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.'"

Where is that "mystery kingdom" which is "foolishness to the natural man, and has NOT been given to them?"

Luke 17:20 "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU."

Paul agrees with the mystery,

Colossians 1:27 "To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory."

JLB, see if you can recognize the pattern in the following Q&As:

• Question: Where is the kingdom of God?
  • Answer: "Behold, the kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU" (Luke 17:21)

• Question: What is the great MYSTERY?
  • Answer: "the mystery among the Gentiles: which is CHRIST IN YOU" (Colossians 1:27)

• Question: What is the Temple of God?
  • Answer: "Do you not know that YOU ARE the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells IN YOU?" (1 Corinthians 3:16)

(are you noticing the "IN YOUs" in common here?)

• Question: Who is Israel?
  • Answer: "And if YOU ARE CHRIST'S, then you are Abraham's seed, and HEIRS according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29)

Are you starting to "see" the mystery yet JLB. If not, read this VERY carefully:

Eph 2:19 "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
Eph 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
Eph 2:21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a HOLY TEMPLE in the Lord,
Eph 2:22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God
IN THE SPIRIT."

Notice what JLB refers to as "not even close."

I posted nothing but Paul's exact words, cut and pasted directly from the Word of God, and yet JLB rejects his very words. See for yourselves (above) the total contempt those who are blinded have for the Scriptures, even when they are simply cut and pasted - consisting of nothing but Paul's words :nono2. Incredible.

We can't be too hard on those in Babylon though, for it is God Himself who blinds them:

Ezekiel 14:9 "And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel."

2Th 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie..."

For what cause? Why does God send 'strong delusion'? The answer is given in the preceding verse:

2Th 2:10 "...because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved"

Paul said,

1Co 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

And Jesus said,

Mat 13:11 "He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the MYSTERIES of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.'"

Where is that "mystery kingdom" which is "foolishness to the natural man, and has NOT been given to them?"

Luke 17:20 "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU."

Paul agrees with the mystery,

Colossians 1:27 "To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory."

JLB, see if you can recognize the pattern in the following Q&As:

• Question: Where is the kingdom of God?
  • Answer: "Behold, the kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU" (Luke 17:21)
  • Question: What is the great MYSTERY?
  • Answer: "the mystery among the Gentiles: which is CHRIST IN YOU" (Colossians 1:27)
  • Question: What is the Temple of God?
  • Answer: "Do you not know that YOU ARE the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells IN YOU?" (1 Corinthians 3:16)

(are you noticing the "IN YOUs" in common here?)
  • Question: Who is Israel?
  • Answer: "And if YOU ARE CHRIST'S, then you are Abraham's seed, and HEIRS according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29)

Are you starting to "see" the mystery yet JLB. If not, read this VERY carefully:

Eph 2:19 "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
Eph 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
Eph 2:21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a HOLY TEMPLE in the Lord,
Eph 2:22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God
IN THE SPIRIT."

It is not God's word that is the problem, it is your interpretation that is the problem.

The delusion comes from the Temple in Jerusalem, by the Lawless one one, posing as the Messiah, demonstrating signs and wonders by the working of Satan because they did not love the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Because those that are deceived reject Jesus Christ as Messiah and Lord!

This is the temple:

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

The temple Paul refers to is a natural temple in Jerusalem.

Or maybe you would have us believe that a man is able to occupy all of the body of Christ at the same time.

Maybe you are trying to convince us that a flesh and blood man is able to occupy the place where the Holy Spirit now dwells, within the "body of Christ"?

The man of sin the son of perdition, the Lawless one, the Antichrist or whatever name you give him is a flesh and blood man, that can be seen with natural eyes who will sit as "God" in a natural temple that will be constructed in the 70 th week of Daniel.

To try and convince people otherwise is to set them up to embrace the false messiah, the lawless one when he is revealed in his own time.

This is what you said -

This is what the word says -

, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar-- 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children-- 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Again -

You said - This is natural Israel

The word said - These are two covenants!

I said - NOT even close.

Then you went on and insinuated that God was sending me strong delusion!

Yeah, I see the pattern alright.

JLB

to all members:

2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

By this time John [of Gischala] was beginning to tyrannize, and thought it beneath him to accept of barely the same honors that others had; and joining to himself by degrees a party of the wickedest of them all, he broke off from the rest of the faction. This was brought about by his still disagreeing with the opinions of others, and giving out injunctions of his own, in a very imperious manner; so that it was evident he was setting up a monarchical power.

Now some submitted to him out of their fear of him, and others out of their good-will to him; for he was a shrewd man to entice men to him, both by deluding them and putting cheats upon them. Nay, many there were that thought they should be safer themselves, if the causes of their past insolent actions should now be reduced to one head, and not to a great many. His activity was so great, and that both in action and in counsel, that he had not a few guards about him

Flavius Josephus, The Works of Flavius Josephus, trans. William Whiston (Hartford, CN: S. S. Scranton, 1905), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 780.

I see John of Gischala as the "man of lawlessness" Paul wrote about to the Thessalonians.

I once did too, but I was mistaken. Next I thought it was Eleazar ben Ananus. Here I was confused by the two Eleazar's of which Josephus does not make a clear distinction between. These two were Eleazar ben Ananus and Eleazar ben Simon.

Eleazar ben Ananus was the grandson of the Ananus of Jesus day. He was the governor of the Temple; and his father was the high priest - Ananus ben Ananus. Eleazar ben Ananus had caused the daily sacrifice in the temple for the welfare of the Emperor and the Roman people to cease. This was the event that historians see as the beginning of the war between the Jews and the Romans. This marked the beginning of the "Falling away" or a better translation would be the "rebellion."

Eleazar ben Simon was the first terrorist (of three) to take over the temple and use it as a fortress (66AD). He remained in control of the Temple until Passover of 70AD when he was tricked by John of Gischala into opening the doors of the Temple to allow worshipers to sacrifice. John then took over the Temple and remained there until the Temple was burned. Eleazar was either deposed or killed. When the Temple was burned the remaining two factions decided to finally fight together and they moved to the Fortress of Herod which was impenetrable by the Roman battering rams.

And so this week I see Eleazar ben Simon as the man of sin, the son of perdition, and the AoD that Jesus, Daniel, and Paul said was coming in their day. This happened 14 years after Paul prophesied this.

dont add to it with silly fabrications. you got it about half right Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel

Get a clue J ,Paul knew a lot more about ol Zech than you do, and since Paul was chosen especially to minister to us goyim by interpreting the ancient scriptures you really should pay attention.

Your response's are typical -

You are rude and disrespectful.

You have no scripture to validate what you believe.

You just spout what ever pops into your head and the administrator never says anything to you.

You must be very special.

I once did too, but I was mistaken. Next I thought it was Eleazar ben Ananus. Here I was confused by the two Eleazar's of which Josephus does not make a clear distinction between. These two were Eleazar ben Ananus and Eleazar ben Simon.

Eleazar ben Ananus was the grandson of the Ananus of Jesus day. He was the governor of the Temple; and his father was the high priest - Ananus ben Ananus. Eleazar ben Ananus had caused the daily sacrifice in the temple for the welfare of the Emperor and the Roman people to cease. This was the event that historians see as the beginning of the war between the Jews and the Romans. This marked the beginning of the "Falling away" or a better translation would be the "rebellion."

Eleazar ben Simon was the first terrorist (of three) to take over the temple and use it as a fortress (66AD). He remained in control of the Temple until Passover of 70AD when he was tricked by John of Gischala into opening the doors of the Temple to allow worshipers to sacrifice. John then took over the Temple and remained there until the Temple was burned. Eleazar was either deposed or killed. When the Temple was burned the remaining two factions decided to finally fight together and they moved to the Fortress of Herod which was impenetrable by the Roman battering rams.

And so this week I see Eleazar ben Simon as the man of sin, the son of perdition, and the AoD that Jesus, Daniel, and Paul said was coming in their day. This happened 14 years after Paul prophesied this.

Did the writings you got this from indicate he was worshiped as God.

Did he claim to be God?

Did he operate by the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders?

Was he destroyed by the brightness of Jesus return?8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

In your research of this man, did it mention any of these details?

Thanks JLB

Your response's are typical -

You are rude and disrespectful.

You have no scripture to validate what you believe.

You just spout what ever pops into your head and the administrator never says anything to you.

You must be very special.
; Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

You seem to have trouble recognizing scripture.

But thats not really your problem is it? You just need to avoid anything Jesus actually said as regards eschatology. So much so that when Christ is directly quoted you will deny that what he said is even scripture. :)

I dont tell anyone what is said to another member. Nor do i catch every rude remark. When i post a request to be more pleasant in the thread it is to everyone.

; Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

You seem to have trouble recognizing scripture.

But thats not really your problem is it? You just need to avoid anything Jesus actually said as regards eschatology. So much so that when Christ is directly quoted you will deny that what he said is even scripture. :)

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

What does the command to preach the Gospel have to do with -

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.

Jesus Christ was standing on earth when He said these words -
"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him...

Obviously He was not referring to His time on earth, but a future return when He "sit on His throne of glory with all his holy angels".

What is the point of your scripture in reference to Jesus "sitting on His throne of Glory... on earth, separating the sheep from the goats?

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back