Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Futurism&TheTemple

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Peter taught that the end of your faith is the salvation of your soul, not the beginning of your faith.

6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls. 10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you...
1 Peter 1:6-10

Though presently we do not see Him, yet it is faith that causes us to rejoice with joy inexpressible, however it is the end of our faith that is the salvation of our souls.

JLB

so you can keep yourself? you have power to change you soul and to be so HOLY that good has to let you in?

im Not an osaer by anymeans. but i know i cant be perfect. that is the only way we can enter into heaven. the blood cleansed us.

so you dont believe that you are new creature that the old nature has died? you still are trying to change for the better? good luck with that. im saying that we can leave christ at will even if we are changed. adam had more then we did and yet still sinned.

Peter taught that the end of your faith is the salvation of your soul, not the beginning of your faith.

6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls. 10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you...
1 Peter 1:6-10

Though presently we do not see Him, yet it is faith that causes us to rejoice with joy inexpressible, however it is the end of our faith that is the salvation of our souls.

JLB
End = purpose

End = purpose
make sense. i bet the greek word their is that.

http://interlinearbible.org/1_peter/1-9.htm

outcome is better. that means its the outcome of our faith. we beleived then we are saved. hmm that is what i have been saying. it starts with a confession then the inwardly comes out and then finally the body of death(sin nature) and the body that dies is removed and replaced with a new one.

hmm salvation is now, is happening and is to come. Guys its not that hard to see this.

Please show us a single verse where Christ is said to leave this position after having regained it through the cross, so that He can rule His kingdom from earth.

:chin:chin:chin

Every one of the verses listed below speaks of Christ at the right hand of the Father, a position of ultimate authority and power from which He reigns:
UNTIL!!!

12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. Hebrews 10:12-13

33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, 35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool." Acts 2:33-35

The kingdom of God is not of this world [world system], But is in this world.

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. We are to take back what Adam lost. Ultimately God's will shall be done on Earth as it is in heaven.

That is why the first word's ever spoken to mankind are still valid today, and will continue to be until they are accomplished.

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion...

Jesus walked as our example of this. We are to follow His example!

God's will is for -

• "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"

• For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, As the waters cover the sea.

• a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces. Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

That day has not yet arrived. To say it has is to shrink back from the task at hand and to walk in a perpetual state of deception!

JLB

12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. Hebrews 10:12-13
And who are His enemies??? He tells us!

"But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We do not want this man to reign over us.' Luke 19:14 (NASB)

"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence." Luke 19:27 (NASB)

Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of Godwill be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits. And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him.” When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he was speaking about them. Matthew 21:43-45 (ESV)

Christ's citizens - His people (the Jews) - were His enemies: the chief priests, scribes, Pharisees, and people who rejected Him!

Pilate *said to them, "Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?" They all *said, "Crucify Him!" And he said, "Why, what evil has He done?" But they kept shouting all the more, saying, "Crucify Him!" When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this Man's blood; see to that yourselves." And all the people said, "His blood shall be on us and on our children!" Matthew 27:22-25

Those who committed regicide were the enemies that were made His footstool when He returned in judgment upon Israel! And that all happened in 70 AD!

UNTIL!!!

33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, 35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool." Acts 2:33-35

The kingdom of God is not of this world [world system], But is in this world.

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. We are to take back what Adam lost. Ultimately God's will shall be done on Earth as it is in heaven.

That is why the first word's ever spoken to mankind are still valid today, and will continue to be until they are accomplished.

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion...

Jesus walked as our example of this. We are to follow His example!
if you can ever realize that the means by which this is accomplished is the very system God set in place when He raised Christ from the dead and seated him at His right hand you'll really be on to something. This is done by the workings of the Spirit ,little by little, through history. It is the enemy's time that is short, not ours. I am convinced that the Holy Spirit will succeed in accomplishing all the Father sent him to do, just as Jesus did.
God's will is for -
  • "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"

• For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, As the waters cover the sea.

• a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces. Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

That day has not yet arrived. To say it has is to shrink back from the task at hand and to walk in a perpetual state of deception!

JLB
It is in process , growing slowly too slow to see,and the kingdom only grows with in sight of the enemy.The kingdom only grows while Christ is seated on high and the Holy Spirit works drawing men to the Father.

Last edited by a moderator:
make sense. i bet the greek word their is that.

http://interlinearbible.org/1_peter/1-9.htm

outcome is better. that means its the outcome of our faith. we beleived then we are saved. hmm that is what i have been saying. it starts with a confession then the inwardly comes out and then finally the body of death(sin nature) and the body that dies is removed and replaced with a new one.

hmm salvation is now, is happening and is to come. Guys its not that hard to see this.
That was overwrought even by JLB's standards.

And who are His enemies??? He tells us!

"But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We do not want this man to reign over us.' Luke 19:14 (NASB)

"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence." Luke 19:27 (NASB)

Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of Godwill be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits. And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him.†When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he was speaking about them. Matthew 21:43-45 (ESV)

Christ's citizens - His people (the Jews) - were His enemies: the chief priests, scribes, Pharisees, and people who rejected Him!

Pilate *said to them, "Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?" They all *said, "Crucify Him!" And he said, "Why, what evil has He done?" But they kept shouting all the more, saying, "Crucify Him!" When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this Man's blood; see to that yourselves." And all the people said, "His blood shall be on us and on our children!" Matthew 27:22-25

Those who committed regicide were the enemies that were made His footstool when He returned in judgment upon Israel! And that all happened in 70 AD!
Still the last enemy is clearly defined.

Still the last enemy is clearly defined.

Yes, and according to Paul, it was defeated:

but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 2 Timothy 1:10 (NASB)

...the last enemy is done away--death; for all things He did put under his feet... 1 Corinthians 15:26-27 (YLT)

That was overwrought even by JLB's standards.
that is coming from amil calvinist pastor.

salvation is process. it starts with the sincere repentance. its completed at our death and subsuquent ressurection. the other two of that process is an OUTWARD projection of the INWARD change.

The Tribulation Temple isn't God's. Ezekiel shows the Millennial Temple wont be used the same way Solomon's was, it'll only be Open on Sabbaths and New Moons.

The only motive needed to rebuilt is the fact the many Jews want to practice true Mosaic Judaism again.

The only motive needed to rebuilt is the fact the many Jews want to practice true Mosaic Judaism again.

That covenant was replaced by Christ's sacrifice and violently abrogated with the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem. It doesn't matter what "many Jews want." What matters is what God has done to save all mankind.

The Temple's purpose was more then just the Sacrifice.

Even if true it's irrelevant. We - believing Jews and Gentiles - are the Temple now, sanctified (made holy) by the presence of His Holy Spirit. They could build a thousand temples and not one would have any significance to God or His plan of salvation for all mankind.

You cannot desecrate that which is not holy. God's glory no longer rests in buildings built by human hands. If His presence does not sanctify it, it cannot be holy.

Period.

Irrelevant to the fact that it will be rebuilt and The Little Horn will declare himself God there.

Again, the "Little Horn" can't profane the profane. It would be like David Letterman walking into the White House and declaring himself president. It's a ridiculous scenario. And it won't happen for that very reason.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back