Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Garlic and what it does to you...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
F

Fedusenko

I have been enjoying raw cloves quite a bit lately. I would eat one with a pint of beer. Great contrasting flavors, nice kick, strengthens the effect. I started eating garlic by itself, too. The other morning I had a clove on an empty stomach and I about started dry heaving minutes later. I chugged a jug of water and immediately felt fine. Going on line to figure out what the heck happened I learned a few things.

Garlic is a great medicine! It is antifungal, antiviral, antiwhatever. Bugs don't eat it cause it will kill them. If you are sick, eat a raw clove and you will improve! This wasn't really surprising to me at all.

What did surprise me was that it passes through the blood/brain barrier. It makes your two brain hemispheres not want to communicate with each other. It slows your reflexes down. It affects your memory in a negative way. I sat there shocked.

So I thought about my experiences with garlic and they seem to be in line with what I just learned. I hadn't realized it, but I can't do somethings that require a lot of focused attention after eating garlic cloves.

Anyone have similar effects like this with other veggies?

Not only garlic, but ONION is good, too. I have onion every day. I claim that all my vitamins keep me from getting sick as I have not been sick for many years (the "average" person gets 2 -3 illnesses a year and that's "healthy" to the medical establishment who ironically calls me "unhealthy" because of other numerical standards showing their ignorance, but that's another topic), but I credit the simple onion in helping me to keep healthy as well. Tell me, onions not only give bad breath, but what illness wants to grow where there's abundant onions? :lol Onions survive the whole winter and missed onions in the garden can be found perfectly intact the next spring. Bugs don't even like them!

One time I got a virus and also have a hiatal hernia (GERD) and the doctor warned me to KEEP AWAY from onions. Instead I ate them in countless abundance and CURED what he said I have instantly! Onions, Garlic and hot peppers are good to heal ulcers and soothe the stomach in spite of the bogus "research" to the contrary.

Yes, you are correct Tim. Onion was part of the research I did, but I wasn't focused on it (i.e. because the garlic ... ? :) ) so I dont remember if it affected the brain the same way. My conclusion was to enjoy garlic cloves if I feel the onset of something, but not to eat too much of it otherwise as it temporarily slows my cognitive skills.

I have been enjoying raw cloves quite a bit lately. I would eat one with a pint of beer. Great contrasting flavors, nice kick, strengthens the effect. I started eating garlic by itself, too. The other morning I had a clove on an empty stomach and I about started dry heaving minutes later. I chugged a jug of water and immediately felt fine. Going on line to figure out what the heck happened I learned a few things.

Garlic is a great medicine! It is antifungal, antiviral, antiwhatever. Bugs don't eat it cause it will kill them. If you are sick, eat a raw clove and you will improve! This wasn't really surprising to me at all.

What did surprise me was that it passes through the blood/brain barrier. It makes your two brain hemispheres not want to communicate with each other. It slows your reflexes down. It affects your memory in a negative way. I sat there shocked.

So I thought about my experiences with garlic and they seem to be in line with what I just learned. I hadn't realized it, but I can't do somethings that require a lot of focused attention after eating garlic cloves.

Anyone have similar effects like this with other veggies?

There is not a single traditional Indian food made without garlic. I am eating it almost daily. I had never experienced what you say.

I have been enjoying raw cloves quite a bit lately. I would eat one with a pint of beer.

Okay, it's healthy and stuff, but...
Dude I'm glad you're on a different continent!!! *pinches nose*
:lol

Garlic is a great medicine! It is antifungal, antiviral, antiwhatever. Bugs don't eat it cause it will kill them.
If you're into gardening you can make use of the anti-fungal and insect repelling propertier of garlic. Simply plant garlic plants into the strawberry plant bed and it will keep them clear of fungal infestations. That's cheaper, healthier and more environmentally friendly than using anti fungal chemicals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I hadn't noticed anything until I started eating raw cloves whole and it was most pronounced when I did it on an empty stomach. It was interesting to learn about it.

What garlic does to you is make you repellent - when a person gets near you they had to run away or they will fall over :lol

Or fall over while running away! That would be even funnier!

I planted some onions and garlic cloves round my rose bushes this year. There were only a few greenflies around, and certainly nothing like an infestation.

I cook most days with onions and garlic. Tomato paste is a great preventative against ovarian and prostate cancers, so they say.

Anybody know anything that'll get rid of black spot on roses?

A little toothpaste goes a long way with a drop of DMSO.

Kidding aside, I have never heard of toothpasting until now! wow...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back