Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gay Scout leaders

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What is an atheist?

Is it an organized religion, does one have to take any vows, can one get to Heaven by practicing atheisim, is an atheist saved for life?

mcrees said:
What is an atheist?

Is it an organized religion, does one have to take any vows, can one get to Heaven by practicing atheisim, is an atheist saved for life?

Atheism is not a religion. A religion requires a superior, higher being.

It could be two things.

One who says there are no Gods.

One who says all religions are bunk.

I'm the second kind.

Saved4Life (Good name choice... :roll: )

Why are you here then?

I think that you WANT to believe in God. You just don't want to admit it.

sillynikki said:
Saved4Life (Good name choice... :roll: )

Why are you here then?

I think that you WANT to believe in God. You just don't want to admit it.

Of course I want to believe in God...my brain just won't let my heart over-ride it.

I'm here for fun. What good is a discussion board without opposition. 8)

There are more fun things for you to do than to sit and "mock" Christians.

And don't say that you don't mock us because you do too.

You've made me mad several times, but my heart aches for you. I honestly believe that you WANT to trust God and believe in him. You said it perfect when you said that your brain won't let your heart believe.

If you had a child, would you love that child with all your heart? If so, than why can't you open your heart up like that for God? Let me guess....because you can't see him?

If you had a child, would you love that child with all your heart? If so, than why can't you open your heart up like that for God? Let me guess....because you can't see him?

If I am God's child, then he should love me unconditionally...just as you do your child.

Mike01075 said:
If your child rejects you and all your ways, how do you act? How do you feel? What kind of relationship do you have?

Many children do. And the parents still love them and wish no harm to them, and never close the door on them. Never.

God obviously closes the door when they die, and never opens it again...or at least so says the Bible.

Besides, I'm a good, caring, giving person, and don't reject most of Christian morals...just where they claim they came from.

saved4life said:
Many children do. And the parents still love them and wish no harm to them, and never close the door on them. Never.

God obviously closes the door when they die, and never opens it again...or at least so says the Bible.

Besides, I'm a good, caring, giving person, and don't reject most of Christian morals...just where they claim they came from.

I didn't ever say that God would not love them, but what kind of relationship do you have? You don't.

God still loves his children even when they disobey and reject Him, but one day they will have to answer for their actions. Then if they reject Him again, they will eternaly die.

You may be a "good" caring person, but we all fall short. Even our good actions look like dirty rags before the Lord. Being "good" doesn't make you saved.

I didn't ever say that God would not love them, but what kind of relationship do you have? You don't.

How many relationships do you have in which there is no communication? Do your relationships with your family and friends consist of you talking to them when they are not there and just somehow knowing how they'd answer?

That's Christians' "relationship" with God. You pray, I'll listen. Yeah...some relationship.

Besides, a family relationship exists whether it is acknowledged or not.

God still loves his children even when they disobey and reject Him, but one day they will have to answer for their actions. Then if they reject Him again, they will eternaly die.

Are you saying God gives people "one last chance" after they die? (That's not what the Bible says.)

You may be a "good" caring person, but we all fall short. Even our good actions look like dirty rags before the Lord. Being "good" doesn't make you saved.

Dirty rags? Then why didn't Jesus' good actions look like dirty rags?
:-?

saved4life said:

How many relationships do you have in which there is no communication? Do your relationships with your family and friends consist of you talking to them when they are not there and just somehow knowing how they'd answer?

That's Christians' "relationship" with God. You pray, I'll listen. Yeah...some relationship.

Besides, a family relationship exists whether it is acknowledged or not.

These relationships were built on trust, love, time, and communication. A lack of any one of these and it deteriorates the relationship immediately. If a son obeys their father, communicates to their father, trusts their father, and loves their father will have a strong relatioship. If a son does not obey, communicate, trust, or love their father, what type of relationship do you have?

Dirty rags? Then why didn't Jesus' good actions look like dirty rags?
:-?

Becasue He was sinless and blameless.

saved4life said:

If I am God's child, then he should love me unconditionally...just as you do your child.

He does love you. And in a way, he also loves you unconditionally because he DOES forgive sins just like we forgive our kids.

It's so easy to believe in him and just accept him. Why is that so hard for you?

Did you believe in him at one time in your life? How old are you by the way? I've always wanted to know that. And don't lie.

If a son does not obey, communicate, trust, or love their father, what type of relationship do you have?

Love transcends that all...or should.

Many parents love their wayward children and grieve for them when they become drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, etc.

And they do all they can to help them and never close the door. And they also reach out to them. Ring their phone, go to their house, write them letters.

God does none of that. He supposedly uses people to work for him. Too bad so many of the people who are claiming to work for God are also child molestors, adulterers, profiteers, and suicide-bombers.

That's my point. If God loves, he will not punish anybody for being human and imperfect. He has the ultimate understanding of our nature, and knows that our "sins" all come from the drives he put in us. (survival instinct, reproductive instinct, etc.)

God will never stop loving His children......let's get over that hump.

What type of relationship will they have? Just answer that.....

If God loves, he will not punish anybody for being human and imperfect. He has the ultimate understanding of our nature, and knows that our "sins" all come from the drives he put in us. (survival instinct, reproductive instinct, etc.)

Woah, that sounds like a cop out for lack of self control to me.

Let's just start raping, stealing, murdering becasuse I have no self control? yayaya.................that's the ticket... :-?

Woah, that sounds like a cop out for lack of self control to me.

Let's just start raping, stealing, murdering becasuse I have no self control? yayaya.................that's the ticket...

Do you know anybody who has raped? or Murdered? Or stole an amount that has caused anybody pain in their lives?

I don't.

But in the time when the Bible was written, pretty much everybody did those things.

Stonings involved everybody, and still does in the Mid-East, so most people had blood on their hands.

Women had no rights, and were raped all the time.

Stealing was a way a life.

What sins do the average "good" person do today?

Nothing like the Biblical times. That's why it was needed.

It's not a cop-out. It's a fact, though. Nobody would rape if God didn't give them a sex drive that runs on testosterone...that he created.

Ever watch animals mate? Most of the time, it is rape!!!!!

He does love you. And in a way, he also loves you unconditionally because he DOES forgive sins just like we forgive our kids.

It's so easy to believe in him and just accept him. Why is that so hard for you?

Did you believe in him at one time in your life? How old are you by the way? I've always wanted to know that. And don't lie.

I'm 25. Used to believe in him when I was a child (who didn't?)..and until I was a teenager, but slowly lost my faith.

Ohhh so it's God's fault men rape.........now I get it! Silly God, what was He thinking?

So sin in action is only bad if bad people do it?

God did not place a timeline on his comandments or segregate to the Jews or Gentiles.

What sin does to everone is distance themselves from the Lord. Sin is when we put anything before the Lord's will. Repentance brings us back to the Lord in our realization of our sins. We all fall short no matter how "good" we think we are.

Do you believe in brain chemistry and neurotransmitters?

Do you believe that a person can go insane from an imbalance of these chemicals or do you think that such insanity is caused just by satan and a person's sinful nature?

Do we put to death the mentally ill? Do we execute the mentally retarded?

Ohhh so it's God's fault men rape.........now I get it! Silly God, what was He thinking?

Oh of course not, if anything is bad at all it must be Satan...he's the catch all you were looking for there.

Back