Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Chopper

There is an important mission that every Born Again Believer in Christ Jesus is sent upon every day by God the Father.

Look at these words that Elohim (God in three Persons) stated in the beginning. "Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness." To me, this means that when Adam sinned, he ruined our chances to display the image and likeness of God the Father and His Son Jesus the Christ.

It is my opinion that the Holy Spirit of God has a big job to do for the Godhead. And everyone who names the Name of Jesus Christ has a big job to obey His Commands to RENEW what Adam ruined by making it impossible for mankind to reflect God's image and likeness.

Salvation at it's core is God likeness renewal period. The word "image" is a copy. You take an original document to a copy machine and make a copy of the original. We become born again to go to the Copy Master Jesus and His Spirit and produce the likeness of the God we are suppose to believe in. Anything less will incur this statement of the Master Owner of our lives....

John 2:23 "Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.
2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man."
(My thanks to e-Sword for supplying these Scriptures)

Even though these folk believed in Jesus, He knew they would not renew the likeness of the Godhead....Are you? Is that what you are doing on a daily basis? I wouldn't ask you to do what I'm not doing myself. I have in my heart, the great calling of God to renew what Adam ruined, God's image mirrored to the those in my sphere of witness.... Spurgeon, commenting on Colossians 2:6 "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him." said this...."If a man walks in Christ, then he so acts as Christ would act; for Christ being in him, his hope, his love, his joy, his life, he is the reflex of the image of Jesus; and men say of that man, “He is like his Master; he lives like Jesus Christ.”

This is the call of Jesus today. Read Matthew chapter 5, it's called the beatitudes. Then continue thru chapters 6 & 7. Then go to John Chapter 15 it's one of the greatest chapters in the Bible, a chapter that teaches about our responsibility of renewal.

Thank you my friends. I hope there will be revival & renewal in each of you as it has benefited my spiritual life in many ways. I feel like I'm a real servant of Jesus when I concentrate on renewing the likeness of my Master. God bless you all. :hug

Gee thanks for that Chopper.It also serves to remind us that all mankind is made in the image of God and that "all" no matter how different we might be in appearance or status have the right to be part of God's family and we should be proud of how God created each one of us no matter how different.There ought not to be feelings of inferiority or snobbish elitism if we in faith believe we are children of God through the blood of Christ.When it boils down to judgement time who are winners and losers in a worldly context we will be shocked to realize that "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe(my bold).There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."(Rom 3:22-24)
I am not saying that we must not be ambitious and do the best we can with the talents and gifts God has given us, but we should also be content and proud of the way He has made us individually .This is the way I interpret Paul' meaning when he writes "20.Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him.21 Were you a slave when you were called?Don't let it trouble you- although if you can gain your freedom , do so.22 For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly; he who was a free man ...is Christ's slave...24 Brothers , each man , as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to."(I Cor 7:20-24)

Gee thanks for that Chopper.It also serves to remind us that all mankind is made in the image of God and that "all" no matter how different we might be in appearance or status have the right to be part of God's family and we should be proud of how God created each one of us no matter how different.There ought not to be feelings of inferiority or snobbish elitism if we in faith believe we are children of God through the blood of Christ.When it boils down to judgement time who are winners and losers in a worldly context we will be shocked to realize that "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe(my bold).There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."(Rom 3:22-24)
I am not saying that we must not be ambitious and do the best we can with the talents and gifts God has given us, but we should also be content and proud of the way He has made us individually .This is the way I interpret Paul' meaning when he writes "20.Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him.21 Were you a slave when you were called?Don't let it trouble you- although if you can gain your freedom , do so.22 For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly; he who was a free man ...is Christ's slave...24 Brothers , each man , as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to."(I Cor 7:20-24)

Thank you my favored friend. I always appreciate your reply's to my threads. You are a very interesting student of God's Word and I like how you think. I believe you used to be a police officer, my Grandson David, age 25, is a police officer in Portland, Maine. Perhaps you could pray for him since you know of the dangers of such an important service.

Thanks again for being my friend. I value highly our friendship in Jesus Christ. May the favor of our God in heaven find your deepest need and desire of your heart, in the Name of Christ Jesus.

Was Adam punished for being a sinner or for not obeying the voice of God?
Adam's actions of disobedience against the expressed commands of Elohim, incurred not only curses from God on his future, but also passed on to future generations a sin nature.

Yes. I know that all the offspring of Adam and Eve did not hear the voice of God anymore so this was the first death that all God's people experienced before the second death of the flesh. The only people to hear the voice of God and obey his commandments after that were God's prophets and saints that he used for his purpose to reveal the tree of life that was hidden from the flesh of man.

Revelation 2
7: He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.'

I know what it was like to be spiritually dead as my first death. I was spiritually awakened and now I'm eating from the tree of life.

The tree of life is the Vine called Jesus Christ and we are His branches. John Chapter 15.

Most people do not know what the name "Jesus Christ " represents. They think it's the flesh of a man who is coming back to get them.

I noticed that you are a new member of CF.net. Welcome my Brother to this wonderful Christian Forum. Our Forum is not perfect, but in that I have visited others, and am a member of one other, CF.net is the best out there with very knowledgeable theologians to help you discover new and wonderful doctrines and nuggets of Truth. I hope that you will enjoy your membership with us, and most of all, find spiritual food that will satisfy your spiritual hunger and thirst in our Savior Jesus Christ as has He passes blessings thru us to you.

Thank you my favored friend. I always appreciate your reply's to my threads. You are a very interesting student of God's Word and I like how you think. I believe you used to be a police officer, my Grandson David, age 25, is a police officer in Portland, Maine. Perhaps you could pray for him since you know of the dangers of such an important service.

Thanks again for being my friend. I value highly our friendship in Jesus Christ. May the favor of our God in heaven find your deepest need and desire of your heart, in the Name of Christ Jesus.
Thanks for your kind words Chopper.I am pleased that your Grandson is a member of our noble course being that young I assume he is in the direct line of fire so to speak.I remember how we used to pray and read God's word at shift changes, not enough though.Its by sure faith and trust in God's protection that the guys and dolls come back alive after every shift.All this while we all lie peacefully in our beds .I don't know what the crime rate is like in your Grandson's precinct but I would take a guess that the risks are much the same when it boils down to "drugs, sex and money"

Thanks for your kind words Chopper.I am pleased that your Grandson is a member of our noble course being that young I assume he is in the direct line of fire so to speak.I remember how we used to pray and read God's word at shift changes, not enough though.Its by sure faith and trust in God's protection that the guys and dolls come back alive after every shift.All this while we all lie peacefully in our beds .I don't know what the crime rate is like in your Grandson's precinct but I would take a guess that the risks are much the same when it boils down to "drugs, sex and money"

Thank you Tony for your reply. Portland is the largest City in Maine. It is a high tech City with lots of professional business. I used to own a printing co. in Portland before being saved. It has about the same crime as any big city. My Grandson David is a committed Christian and has the temperament to make an excellent police officer. He was a fireman and paramedic before joining the force. He was chosen out of at least a hundred applicants. Got thru the police academy with flying colors. The other officers like him.

Reactions: JLB
Thank you Tony for your reply. Portland is the largest City in Maine. It is a high tech City with lots of professional business. I used to own a printing co. in Portland before being saved. It has about the same crime as any big city. My Grandson David is a committed Christian and has the temperament to make an excellent police officer. He was a fireman and paramedic before joining the force. He was chosen out of at least a hundred applicants. Got thru the police academy with flying colors. The other officers like him.

May God Bless him and keep him, brother.

This country desperately needs Christians who are police.

JLB

There is an important mission that every Born Again Believer in Christ Jesus is sent upon every day by God the Father.

Look at these words that Elohim (God in three Persons) stated in the beginning. "Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness." To me, this means that when Adam sinned, he ruined our chances to display the image and likeness of God the Father and His Son Jesus the Christ.

It is my opinion that the Holy Spirit of God has a big job to do for the Godhead. And everyone who names the Name of Jesus Christ has a big job to obey His Commands to RENEW what Adam ruined by making it impossible for mankind to reflect God's image and likeness.

Salvation at it's core is God likeness renewal period. The word "image" is a copy. You take an original document to a copy machine and make a copy of the original. We become born again to go to the Copy Master Jesus and His Spirit and produce the likeness of the God we are suppose to believe in. Anything less will incur this statement of the Master Owner of our lives....

John 2:23 "Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.
2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man."
(My thanks to e-Sword for supplying these Scriptures)

Even though these folk believed in Jesus, He knew they would not renew the likeness of the Godhead....Are you? Is that what you are doing on a daily basis? I wouldn't ask you to do what I'm not doing myself. I have in my heart, the great calling of God to renew what Adam ruined, God's image mirrored to the those in my sphere of witness.... Spurgeon, commenting on Colossians 2:6 "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him." said this...."If a man walks in Christ, then he so acts as Christ would act; for Christ being in him, his hope, his love, his joy, his life, he is the reflex of the image of Jesus; and men say of that man, “He is like his Master; he lives like Jesus Christ.”

This is the call of Jesus today. Read Matthew chapter 5, it's called the beatitudes. Then continue thru chapters 6 & 7. Then go to John Chapter 15 it's one of the greatest chapters in the Bible, a chapter that teaches about our responsibility of renewal.

Thank you my friends. I hope there will be revival & renewal in each of you as it has benefited my spiritual life in many ways. I feel like I'm a real servant of Jesus when I concentrate on renewing the likeness of my Master. God bless you all. :hug
A timely message, Chopper. I wish more would read it and take it to heart. I'm found in a period of Spiritual Renewal, I believe and that touched a nerve. May God bless, my friend.

A timely message, Chopper. I wish more would read it and take it to heart. I'm found in a period of Spiritual Renewal, I believe and that touched a nerve. May God bless, my friend.

O you great warrior for the Lord of hosts. I pray that our great and compassionate God touches your body with His favor, and eases your your terrible pain. I love you my friend, Heaven will soon be your home in the New Jerusalem.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back