Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Genesis 3 could it happen this way?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Fall

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” 2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” 4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” It would seem to be telling us that Satan was more crafty than the wild animals. Does this mean he was not smarter than Adam and Eve. Our intellect could match or exceed Satan but while we stand there debating him we are drinking the poison of his words in and they are having an effect. We are told that not even Michael the angel rebuked Satan. Whatever is stronger, smarter faster or ??? will be able to pull us under its spell. The Word of God is perfect but if we do not remain in Christ and we do not understand what it is teaching we are open to be beaten and enslaved.

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. The eye is the gateway to our sinning. We see a new car and it is everything we ever wanted and we charge it and now we are under the wicked taskmasters of interest as we take a step to enslaving ourselves. Naked in this case is not just without clothing. It Being naked represents uncovered but no longer unrecognized sin. Something has changed because Adam and Eve were naked all along. But now they are about to remove themselves from God's Grace and place themselves under God's Law. it would not be until Christ went to the cross that disarming the powers of darkness took place. "13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[a] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." Colossians 2:13-15 We are told in this passage from Colossians that the Lord took His carpenter skills and did some nailing to His cross that no one seems to notice. The Lord took the written Law and nailed it to the cross. But why would the Lord nail the Law which is holy, righteous and good to His cross? Because when He did so it disarmed the powers of darkness from the Law they stole in the Garden of Eden. We are going to see why Satan wanted these two people under the Law. With them under the Law Satan pretty much does not need to do anything more unless we are removed from the Law. God designed His Law to do certain things and not to do others. Condemn the sinner to death but no power to save. These are the things we are told the Law is designed to do. Sin is to become utterly sinfully, condemn the sinner to death, put the sinner in a cell to await sentencing fulfilled. Lead man to Christ as Savior or to collect the penalty of sin, death.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” 10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” Who is this walking in the Garden? It is the Good Shepherd Jesus Christ seeking His lost sheep. The Good Shepherd is about to lay down His life for His sheep. The Lord knows all things but still calls to His sheep. John 10 tells us of the Good Shepherd and how He calls His sheep and they hear Him and respond. This also gives them a chance to see their own condition and to confess. Now we meet the tattletale.

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?” 12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.” 13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.” The Lord asks who told them they were naked and immediately asks if it was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Logically I thought it would have been Satan who let the secret out of the bag but the Lord knows something we don't know. The Law taken by Satan now stands against us. Men would not learn that truth for 1,000's of years and there are still those who have not learned Satan uses it against man in a most unique way. In Corinthians 15: 56 we are told the following; 55 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?”[a] 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law." That is correct the Law provides the opportunity to use it for the power sin needs to become utterly sinful. 13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful. When we place ourselves under the Law we undo the work Christ did by nailing the Law to His cross and we rearm the powers of darkness who the Lord disarmed. Then the Law provides the sin in us the way to become utterly sinful. What does this tell us about seeking to use the Law that we can live a holier life? Can't happen, unless we are stronger and smarter than God and we can change the design He put into His Law to where it does not allow sin to become utterly sinful.

Jesus was a "tekon"... general construction laborer in an area that used stone/rock to build everything out of. He never was thought to have worked with wood until Tyndale translated the Bible into English...
Nazareth is/was a little nothing town... still isn't much of anything but at the time of Jesus and Joseph it was the Jewish suburb of a huge Greek/Roman city of Sapphoris...which needed lots of construction laborers to build public baths, theatres, shopping malls, orgy centers/idol worship centers, and gymnasiums (Blood sports).

People are still pouring over the ruins to see if they can find Jesus' signature (usual custom) on any stone in the ruins of the city. Because if they do...then they can claim that "God carved this stone" and it's the holiest thing out there.

Then let's address the Questions by God to Adam and Eve.
They aren't flat or leading questions. (IE "When did you stop beating your wife")
These questions are designed for complete answers to explain what is truly wrong in their lives. Instead the couple blame shift, obfuscate, and refused to accept responsibility or even admit they did anything wrong or were still wanting to sin more. (Sounds like just about everyone I ever met)
The fig leaves are symbolic of religiosity...

Israel was always symbolized by the Fig Tree.

We are no match for Satan in the flesh as the temptations are to great to not reach out and grab the pleasures of the world as we hunger for more and our sins grow greater within the lust of the world, but we are mighty through Christ to be able to break the strongholds when we put on the full armor of God, Ephesians 6:10-18.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back