Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Get a Medical Check-up? Don't Bother!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tim-from-pa

I am always entertained at statistics they throw our way to convince us of the truth of something we KNOW is not the truth (mathematical lying and manipulation to sound authoritative). Well, here's an article with statistics I like. If they can do it, then so can I!

This states that medical check-ups does not decrease mortality (I figured as much before the OTHER stats tried to convince everyone otherwise) and as a matter of fact, suggests something I suspected all along. They end up "over-diagnosing" conditions and find NEW stuff and end up dishing out worthless meds like for high BP or cholesterol.

http://www.setyoufreenews.com/2012/11/21/how-general-health-check-ups-can-do-more-harm-than-good/

I'll make an exception if one has a known condition to keep an eye on it, and to find complications, but this article is addressed at the general population who is inherently healthy without a known condition. And take the time to read the "related articles" as well at the end of the article. They are just as enlightening. (I'm just trying to keep people trusting in the healthy things that the Lord has made and on the Lord himself and act like Christians instead of running dependently to doctors all the time telling them what to do --- but I think we all know that here already, but pass the good news on to friends :lol)

Of course people should go for check-ups.

OK fine. They can go for check-ups. but I think what this article (and myself) are saying is that they won't find anything wrong except what we call "numbers" maladies.

They will "invent" a disease saying that your cholesterol is too high, or your blood pressure is too high, etc etc and nothing SUBSTANTIAL that is worth treating. I won't deny that a minimal population may find some real problem, but this is definitely a minority.

And if there is a bonafide medical problem found, do you really want a medical doctor drugging you up for it, or do you want to go to say, a naturopath who can find a nutritional solution to it???? Discerning people can see where I'm coming from and it's the truth. Drugs are never the solution and true Christians won't fall for it.

true christians wont fall for it?really tim?

so i would love to hear what you do for those that have copd and also exercise induced asthma where on gets the attacks only when one excercises and with the inhalers i can wrestle longer. when my throat is closing or the passages is narrowing then no fruit is going to act fast enough.

formatyl isnt found in nature, nor is albuterol.i have issues with modern medicine but im not stupid to think im smart enough to know what to do without meds.ever have a cough fit that it so bad that you almost get into a car wreck? or one so bad after being tickled?or from a cold?my throat doesnt close often.its the phlem that i must cough up that is the hard part.

true christians wont fall for it?really tim?

so i would love to hear what you do for those that have copd and also exercise induced asthma where on gets the attacks only when one excercises and with the inhalers i can wrestle longer. when my throat is closing or the passages is narrowing then no fruit is going to act fast enough.

formatyl isnt found in nature, nor is albuterol.i have issues with modern medicine but im not stupid to think im smart enough to know what to do without meds.ever have a cough fit that it so bad that you almost get into a car wreck? or one so bad after being tickled?or from a cold?my throat doesnt close often.its the phlem that i must cough up that is the hard part.

I once had asthma. Now I don't since the supplements. Tell me what supplements you take...Every one of them......

And if there is a bonafide medical problem found, do you really want a medical doctor drugging you up for it, or do you want to go to say, a naturopath who can find a nutritional solution to it???? Discerning people can see where I'm coming from and it's the truth. Drugs are never the solution and true Christians won't fall for it.
On the contrary, a "true Christian" will understand that God can and does work through the medical system. To think that only the medical system has it's fraudsters and not the naturopathic would be complete ignorance. They both have their place and both can be misused and abused.

thank you free. most doctors i have seen do suggest eating the right food. they are in the late 40s or older here.

tim doesnt know that my mom's line has a genetic disposotion to high bp. her dad and sibling all have (grandpa is dead) it. my mom is 30 lbs under weight. she could eat right and she will still have high blood pressure. stroke is the concern here.asthma isnt curable. it can come and go.it has done that with me. but that doesnt mean its cured.the stuff on natural doesnt cure it controls it. that wouldnt make a difference since I NEED the inhaler when im wrestling.

I'm scared of docs. When I was burned out and prematurely aged, they treated me poorly (shrinks and general practitioners, both). There's a real element of social darwinism and lots of punitive judging going on in the medical establishment. I'm blessed to respond well to decent (not great, but decent) diet, loads of supplements (thank you, orthomolecular medicine), and occasional visits with a good psychiatrist.

While I do think that modern medicine is much more limited in terms of improving both quality and lenth of life, I gotta agree with jasoncran--the meds aren't all bad. Asthma, copd, high blood pressure, cancer, so on and so forth...meds, a mix of meds and supplements, etc., can do a lot for a good number of people.

Hi Tim, while many of your health posts contain some good common sense practices, this is NOT one of them I'm sorry.
God gave us a brain and with that brain some from very early times have studied human physiology and how the human body works. Then they have tried to work out how to fix it with varying techniques and successes, which become obsolete or proven inadequate. Then a new "better"treatment replaces the old.
As all doctors will admit the mysteries of Gods most complex creation are many and new things are discovered or revised almost every day.Hence the changes in the classification of drugs or methods of treatment for diseases.
Saying that doctors make up diseases in some very limited cases may be true, but you cannot tar all doctors with the same brush.
To constantly tell people that certain diseases are "made up" or to forgo visiting a doctor is I'm sorry to say it Tim, irresponsible.
In many of your posts you denounce medical technology, any form of exercise (except farming which is a bit hard to do in a 2 room apartment), doctors and other trained professionals simply because you have been blessed with a genetically "perfect" body free of maladies.
You promote "supplements" and vitamins usage, right? Well who do you think discovered the health benefits and developed extraction and refining processes for your pills? Ummm that would be doctors and scientists throughout history.
As Jason pointed out some people have a genetic trait that causes health issues that aren't treatable by dropping a handful of vitamin pills at breakfast time.
On your side though, I have given up my heart medications (statins etc) because of NEW findings that says they have been LINKED not caused serious side effects. It's been 42 days so far and I'm obviously still above ground. At sixty days I will be having my bloods done without telling the doc I'm off the meds and as I said in one of your other threads, I'll post the before and after results here,so everyone can see what my LDL, HDL, Triglycerides and Lipids were / are as an example.But they should not take my results as the ONLY example as I'm very active, I count every calorie, macro and micronutrient that enters my body and maybe my genetics are a little gifted too (heart attack at 44...umm no).
To cut it short here's something to consider.
Not so very long ago, Lead based paint was the latest and greatest. All around the world, people painted houses, toys you name it with the stuff. Then over time people started "reacting" to it. Over more time people died from exposure to it. So more research was done and the DOCTORS found it was because lead is a toxic chemical. It is now banned in most countries. That took a long time from "discovery of miracle paint" to "change of paint". Painting a house is easy...fixing the human body is not. So from discovering a disease or medicine or treatment to finding complications, side effects etc can also take time and make changes necessary. Once the new findings are announced, it should be greeted with thanks, not "I told you so" or "Hmmphh doctors are no good".
My final point is that the sooner doctors stop calling herbalists "crackpots" and herbalists calling doctors "quacks", the better. One CAN compliment the other if we use common sense and the mind that our Lord gave us.
God's blessings and good health to you all.

On the contrary, a "true Christian" will understand that God can and does work through the medical system. To think that only the medical system has it's fraudsters and not the naturopathic would be complete ignorance. They both have their place and both can be misused and abused.

Well then maybe I'm in the wrong place. Because I'm not that kind of Christian believing in some sort of fellow who cast out demons by the principle of demons.

You won't be hearing from me for awhile because obviously you all totally missed my point. I bet you are all on meds. I could have been but refused them all and am healthier than ever.

Hey Jason, did you try Mukta Vati yet? Works far better than high BP meds. No, never mind, forget I said that.

Just you all keep taking these numbers meds that DON'T make you live longer, don't make you healthier, but God works thru them. ?? And Big Pharma is making megabucks off of people and that's the work of God? not my God.

I seriously think we worship a different God.

See you all. Take it easy. Farewell.

Tim,
You won't be hearing from me for awhile because obviously you all totally missed my point. I bet you are all on meds. I could have been but refused them all and am healthier than ever
Read my post again with a cool head.I'm not.
Read Free's post again with a cool heart.

No-ones saying you are wrong, we are pointing out that there are flaws in following either "cure or health regimen" on it's own. I also pointed out that a lot of what you've said in previous threads is sound advice. Advising people to forgo doctors visits isn't. If you don't know the persons medical condition , body type, past history etc, it is dangerous advice to give by basing solely on your own health level.
One persons anathema is another person's poison.

Edward, i agree good nutrition is essential to health, but if someone is already suffering the debilitating effects of serious illness, sometimes they will need modern medicine to step in. I use Valerian, green tea, cinnamon, raw wild honey, Aloe vera,etc for minor complaints but if I or a loved one was seriously ill or not responding to Herbal therapies, it would be off to the doctor.
In the example Jason gave about asthsma, there is no real cure as both He and Tim have said. Some herbs work in the same way as Brondecon and other inhalers but they are SIGNIFICANTLY less effective. As for being cured of "Asthma" the chances are the sufferer is more likely to be suffering acute bronchitis (which can last moths and even years if misdiagnosed) which is curable.

Well then maybe I'm in the wrong place. Because I'm not that kind of Christian believing in some sort of fellow who cast out demons by the principle of demons.

You won't be hearing from me for awhile because obviously you all totally missed my point. I bet you are all on meds. I could have been but refused them all and am healthier than ever.

Hey Jason, did you try Mukta Vati yet? Works far better than high BP meds. No, never mind, forget I said that.

Just you all keep taking these numbers meds that DON'T make you live longer, don't make you healthier, but God works thru them. ?? And Big Pharma is making megabucks off of people and that's the work of God? not my God.

I seriously think we worship a different God.

See you all. Take it easy. Farewell.
for the record i dont have high blood pressure. my mom does, she is a bit older then me. i have borderling low blood pressure. my doctors are all for herbs if they are told about them. i have asked and told them.

so what part of elipetic cures isnt found in nature that you have problem with?

lithium. pure lithium is explosive, and its in nature
phenylbartyl is from a plant
asprinin is from a plant

i guess we should toss out fungus that gave us penecillin. tim my grandfather born 1907 and died 1991. and aunt (1904-2002) both didnt like doctors. i have that disposition and dont like to see them unless i have too. grandpa talked about deaths from kids in child birth. and so forth and that diseases that i know nothing of were wiping kids out.

so lets be real and not think that the eons past man was healthy, when he wasnt.

meds? i have gone weeks without taking all my meds and i dont take them all even now. like i said i can reduce my astham attacks by simply sitting on the couch and not exercising. yet is that wise? NO, that is what i have exercise induced asthma that is triggered for me by wrestling and mma.

it stressful on my lungs when weight is placed on them. that is what mma teaches. make it hard for the guy to breathe and he will weaken enough to be defeated. if im side control or mount too long its then i must hit the inhaler the most.yet i choose to tax that chest of mine because i love it.

stress also triggers it.

I managed to avoid medication up until about a month ago. I am now on HBP meds and I'm thankful for it. Granted I do need to make a few changes in my lifestyle and I am, but even if I worked out religiously and eat grass I'd have HBP and HC. I'd still be statistically at higher risk for stroke and heart attack, and still need meds.

Even if I managed to put off stroke or heart attack with diet and exercise I'd still be at risk of dementia as I age largely due to the same problems genetically causing the HBP and HC.

The fact is, people are not living longer through diet and exercise. They are living longer through medical technology and medications.

One of the worst periods in the 20th century where the post war 50's and 60's. Our diet began changing to more processed foods high in sodium, sugar and fat. people started living in the suburbs more and away from farms and laborious jobs. It was a time of increased prosperity and with that came more sedentary life styles.

People did not start seeing the benefits and need to exercise or worry much about diet until the late 70's early 80's and we are no better off as a whole today in terms of what the general public is eating or doing to be healthier. Statistically it's been medical science and medications that have lead the way in saving and prolonging our lives as a whole.

I'm in my late 40's. I eat pretty well and I get a reasonable amount of physical activity. I need to cut salt out of my diet, loose about 10-15 lb and watch my beer drinking a bit more, but there is no way I can lower my cholesterol or BP any further without medication. The fact is, statistically if I keep my current lifestyle with no meds and no changes, I'd make about mid to late 60's before having an "incident" requiring medical attention. If I made major changes of diet and exercise I'd still only make it to late 60's early 70's before a situation. But, if I make some changes and with medication and medical monitoring statistically (just talking about heart attack or stroke) I will make it to late 80's mid 90's and most likely suffer something else leading to my eventual death.

You guys can eat your grass and run all the mega-man competitions you want. have fun. I'm sticking with my meds and my doctor. :)

Janus, yep if it works use it. My mind's still open about statins, that's why I've stopped using them. After i have mt blood work done, then I'll decide whether to stay off them or go back to taking them.There's no point in pushing the envelope too far. i still keep my angina meds close by but havent used one in two years.Most of the chest pain I get is from overdoing it on the bench or if I'm busy,from wolfing down my meal before shooting onto the next job. Usually passes with a few minutes of deep breathing.
Blessings and good health

I haven't been to the doc in a few years and since then I have not been misdiagnosed with a single illness or been the recipient of pushed pills! Proof that the medical industry is corrupt! jk

"a healthy person is someone who has yet to be diagnosed by a doctor".
that's a joke we use to say when i worked in the hospital.
but it's true.
i always wondered why they say they need an x-ray, then you need a cat scan, and then you need an MRI.
by the time they are done, you are so loaded with radiation that you can be sure you are sick.
but emergency room visits and surgery often save lives. and orthopedics have made great strides.
all in all, i see our big problem is with diets. doctors don't learn nutrition unless they take courses after they become doctors.
and they rely too much on blood tests that often give false readings.
did you know that during the plague in europe, people wanted to blame the jews because they were not getting sick and dying.
why? they were clean. they kept themselves and their surroundings clean and they ate clean, kosher food.
and God said in Deuteronomy chapter 7, if you follow my commands, i will keep you free of all diseases.
we can all learn from that.

uhm. i beg to differ. jews did have leprosy. why then was it in the law if food could prevent that? not to mention that jews have a marker for genetic illness that is and has been used to determine if one is a jew or not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back