Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Giving Glory to God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ezrider

stovebolts said this in another thread:
"I don't want this site to be like the rest of the world. I want this site to give glory to God. We can all start by listening to others and give an honest answer. It doesn't mean we have to get another to think like we think. It just means respecting others enough to listen and treating others the way we demand others to treat us."

How does one give glory to God? How do you suppose this site to give glory to God? Does glorifying the flesh bring glory to God? Or does talking of Spiritual things give glory to God?

When a man can justify the shooting of another unarmed man in the back seven times because he thinks he deserved it; does this seek to glorify the flesh or does it seek to glorify the Spirit?

When a man sees a pattern of unequal treatment under the law and wishes to discuss the nature of our hearts that creates such racial biases and prejudices; would that type of discussion give glory to the flesh or to the Spirit?

Seeing the forest for all the trees: When we focus on the detail of a tree, we are not watching the forest. When we focus on the things of the flesh, we are not listening to the things of the Spirit. For the wind blows upon all the trees of the forest, it does not stop for one fell tree. The wind moves through the trees, it rattles their leaves and shakes their limbs, yet it does not stop for one; for the wind moves through the trees, it knows the blight upon all.

If we wish to talk of spiritual things, then tell me of the wind!

How does one give glory to God? How do you suppose this site to give glory to God?

What does the Lord require of you on man, that you act justly, love mercy and walk humbly before the Lord your God.

In a society that gives only lp service to the existence of God and has no regard for his laws all one can expect is acts of godless cruelty.

How can we glorify God in today's society?

By living as if we were actually Christians and not as we do as social Christians.

1 Corinthians 13 ESV
The Way of Love
13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

John 13:35. ESV.
35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

These ideas have to have flesh wrapped around them. In other words, these ideas need to be put into action and actually lived out.

I think this is part 2 of another thread. A boxing rematch? Double or nothing? Winner take all?

In a society that gives only lp service to the existence of God and has no regard for his laws all one can expect is acts of godless cruelty.

I never got that from the scriptures. Actually what I find in the scriptures is God often complaining about his own people giving him lip service. Those who would quote the scripture would also be those subject to giving lip service.

It is written in the scripture that my people are stupid, the are wise to do evil, but they have not know me. My people, not some other people, but my people.

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

stovebolts said this in another thread:
When a man can justify the shooting of another unarmed man in the back seven times because he thinks he deserved it; does this seek to glorify the flesh or does it seek to glorify the Spirit?

When a man sees a pattern of unequal treatment under the law and wishes to discuss the nature of our hearts that creates such racial biases and prejudices; would that type of discussion give glory to the flesh or to the Spirit?
I agree. The Spirit will say something like this:

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.

We should be condemning lethal force. God is merciful and at the very least we could at least try.

How does one give glory to God? How do you suppose this site to give glory to God? Does glorifying the flesh bring glory to God? Or does talking of Spiritual things give glory to God?

i agree with what you are saying

if it is true that the police shot an unarmed black man that would be wrong

the thing the media is not sharing is the police were called to the residence by the woman who was just raped by this man - he was leaving her residence when the police showed up - they were trying to arrest him - he was high on something - the police tasered him twice and it had no effect - he physically fought with 2 police officers and was trying to take their gun - then he broke away and headed for the driver's side where he had a knife

for me this says the man was a criminal resisting arrest who would have been charged with rape - that was the dividing line for me

what were the police supposed to do? - let the guy go after raping the woman? - if a taser had no effect and 2 police officers could not physically subdue him what more could they do?

i guess the man had raped this same woman before - the mother of his children - his ex - there's more stuff - even worse of what he had just finished doing to her when the police showed up

I don't even bother having an opinion on many things anymore, I would rather allow the investigators and authorities to do there job and wait for all the facts and evidence and the outcome then have an opinion.

Justice glorifies God.

The Lord said vengeance is mine!

The men who sought to stone to death the adulteress thought themselves to be providing justice under the law. If this idea of justice glorifies God, then why did Jesus step in to stop it?

Last edited:
The Lord said vengeance is mine!

The men who sought to stone to death the adulteress thought themselves to be providing justice under the law. If this idea of justice glorifies God, then why did Jesus step in to stop it?
He didn't stop it.
In fact, he invited them to carry out her just sentence.
They refused to.

I like evidence. Nothing beats evidence. Even when someone confess I still want to see evidence. There is people who even admit they take the penalty for others maybe a family member or good friend even they didn't do anything wrong, or confess when they are not even guilty. A confession is not a fact and proof.
Many reciieve a penalty even they themselves done nothing wrong, taking a penalty on behalf of someone else.

Last edited:
Could you show me some evidence that you are a Kiwi? Birth Certificate. Drivers Licence. Membership of an All Blacks Rugby Fan Club?

When it comes to rugby I just support the team thats winning and wins. Whoevers winning is playing better because they got more points at that moment, and whoever wins was the best team on the day because they won. I'm always a winner.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back