Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Glitches with CFnet Text Box Not Scrolling (& other hassles)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
StoveBolts said:
have you tried flashing the firmware in your router?

Just to set the record straight, I might have misquoted Jeff, but it originated from him.

Mike said:
"Flash my router"?

This, however has me singin' The Doors in my mind. "Come on baby, flash my router..."

Your seriously starting to scare me Mike... :biglol

As far as "Flashing" your router :oops

Your router has an operating system, in the same way that your phone has an operating system and somewhat similar your computer has an operating system. However, this software has a name, and it's called firmware.

In it's simplist terms, think of it like upgrading from windows 98 to windows xp, except instead instead of using a cd, it's done a different way. We call this "Flashing the firmware", or in slang, you're flashing your router :rolling (Vision of Mike in a shower with a raincoat lighten one up)

How you flash the firmware on your router will vary. Go to the manufactures site and search for firmware upgrades for your particular model and follow the instructions. They are all pretty easy to upgrade so good luck. BTW, NEVER power your router off in the middle of a firmware upgrade or you'll end up buying a new router...

Honestly though, I don't know why you would have to reset your router when your using Firefox. That almost sounds like you've got some exploit plugin installed or something :confused

Not sure what your running for anti-virus and anti-spyware, but you can download and run Microsoft Security Essentials for free and it does a really great job at protecting your computer for free. When I say a great job, I'm talking about it running on Windows 7 because that's all I've ran it on.

Thanks for the kudos, and I sure wish I made as much as a heart surgeon, so if you want to mail a check, I'd humbly accept it :rolling

The really funny thing is... vuallah! It worked. No more disconnections with my router! :thumb

It's not knowing the right stuff. It's knowing the right peeps
:thumb :thumb

Mike said:
The really funny thing is... vuallah! It worked. No more disconnections with my router! :thumb

It's not knowing the right stuff. It's knowing the right peeps
:thumb :thumb
A man brings his car to the repair shop. He complains of a knocking sound under the hood. The mechanic opens the hood, listens for a moment and says, "Hand me that hammer", pointing to the top drawer of his toolbox.

He take the hammer and taps a couple of times on something on the engine. The noise stops. The owner scratches his head in amazement. He then asks, "How much to I owe you"" The mechanic says, $100." What!?" says the owner. "All you did was hit it with a hammer." Why so much?".

The mechanic replies,"it's $10.00 for the labor and $90.00 for knowing where to hit it." :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back