Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

global unity

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yea well. Losing sucks. Know one likes to lose. But they should really look at it like they came 2nd in that game.

"We came 2nd" is more positive than "We Lost". lol
Then I don't know what the American team could be called. I call them losers in any way you want to take it, and hope they don't participate next time to only embarrass us. Oh the shame of it all. :crying

Then I don't know what the American team could be called. I call them losers in any way you want to take it, and hope they don't participate next time to only embarrass us. Oh the shame of it all. :crying
Embarass you? I thought they played well. Think about it: the team that beat Brasil through a devastating 7-1 beat the USA team only 1-0 and it was a close match.

Embarass you? I thought they played well. Think about it: the team that beat Brasil through a devastating 7-1 beat the USA team only 1-0 and it was a close match.
That was a match? No scoring for ninety minutes? Isn't the idea to put the ball into an area of 192 square feet defended by only one player? I'd hate to see what they'd do on a snow covered field such as real football is played on at times, or with having a goal the size of a basketball net. I know a trainer at church of a professional soccer team and I reckon I'm going to have to ask him just what they attempt to teach those guys. :shrug

That was a match? No scoring for ninety minutes? Isn't the idea to put the ball into an area of 192 square feet defended by only one player? I'd hate to see what they'd do on a snow covered field such as real football is played on at times, or with having a goal the size of a basketball net. I know a trainer at church of a professional soccer team and I reckon I'm going to have to ask him just what they attempt to teach those guys. :shrug

Spoken like a true American Eugene :biggrin "Soccer" isn't the most exciting game sometimes but it's probably the only true football. ie no hands allowed :biggrin Have you ever seen Australian Rules football man it's a hoot I think Americans will like it.

What happened to Brazil is totally unpardonable. It aint real, people. I was either dreaming or playing PS or watching basket ball...'cause such is not possible in the world of soccer where I belong. It'd take ages to decode such phenomenon . I wonder where Pele is. FIFA should do something. This reminds me of the days of Hitler

10502479_10203067355297876_2109576534498111468_n.jpg

Spoken like a true American Eugene :biggrin "Soccer" isn't the most exciting game sometimes but it's probably the only true football. ie no hands allowed :biggrin Have you ever seen Australian Rules football man it's a hoot I think Americans will like it.
Oh I thought the reason they called it football was to take away attention that they used their bodies, knees, and heads. Can you imagine body-ball, head-ball, or knee-ball? Hyphenated words look as awkward as the game of soccer presents, and I suppose there was no benefit in promoting something more than the effort of watching grass grow as participants passed the ball back and forth endlessly. :)

Oh I thought the reason they called it football was to take away attention that they used their bodies, knees, and heads. Can you imagine body-ball, head-ball, or knee-ball? Hyphenated words look as awkward as the game of soccer presents, and I suppose there was no benefit in promoting something more than the effort of watching grass grow as participants passed the ball back and forth endlessly. :)

Don't beat around the bush say what you mean :biggrin

Forbes most expensive team

#1 Brazil

Value: $718 Million
Most Valuable Player: Neymar, $88 Million

Source: theScore via TrasferMrkt.com and Valor.com

Brazil played well until today. Ah bem.

What happened to Brazil is totally unpardonable. It aint real, people. I was either dreaming or playing PS or watching basket ball...'cause such is not possible in the world of soccer where I belong. It'd take ages to decode such phenomenon . I wonder where Pele is. FIFA should do something. This reminds me of the days of Hitler
Dude the Hitler comparison was uncalled for. :neutral No German alive today (expect for a small but painfully stupid minority) wants to be compared to that madman.

And I will try to explain what happened: Brasil was under a lot of expectation pressure, being in the semi finals in their home country, with their most important players missing. Still everyone (or actually every Brasilian) was expecting of Brasil to become world champion (did you see the video message Neymar published after his injury? If you listen to it you can see how he kind off summed up and also added to the pressure the Brasilian team was under). A defeat was unthinkable. And in the first 5 minutes everything went well for them, although they didn't score they played a very offensive game, launching a number of promising attacks. But then the unthinkable happened, Germany scored a goal early. The whole morale of the Brasilian team collapsed and after the 2nd goal the defense players and the goal keeper were broken people. They just watched the other 3 goals of the first half time.
An early German lead was something they weren't prepared for mentally and couldn't handle. It caused the entire Brasilian team's and their fans' morale to simply break down and implode.
Also, the German players really played very well. Much better than they did against Algeria or Ghana.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back