Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God Bless our Troops & all who have served !!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Relic

God Bless our Troops and all those who have served in the Armed forces!!!!!

[youtube:laxozj8b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qUs9-FY5y4[/youtube:laxozj8b]

Relic said:

God Bless our Troops and all those who have served in the Armed forces!!!!!

[youtube:3ejehuck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qUs9-FY5y4[/youtube:3ejehuck]

Hi Relic

Thank you very much, as I am sure those whom have served, such as myself, appreciate your comment here.

However, even though being thankful , as I am, and others who have served, should be. Being thankful and being politically correct is not necesarrily the way one who serves wants to be perceived.

I served during the Viet Nam war. And lost a brother in Viet Nam. It was a disaster and was not politically a correct comapaign .

I will be thankful when our troups come home from Afganistan. They should not be there ! And we should never have gone into Iraq. We went into both campaigns for all the wrong reasons. And we continue to make grave errors in continuing to be there.

From a Vets hearts ! :salute

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

I watched the flag pass by one day,
It fluttered in the breeze;
A young Marine saluted it,
And then he stood at ease.

I looked at him in uniform,
So young, so tall, so proud;
With hair cut square and eyes alert,
He'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought... how many men like him
Had fallen through the years?
How many died on foreign soil?
How many mothers' tears?

How many pilots' planes shot down
How many died at sea
How many foxholes were soldiers' graves
No, Freedom is not Free.

I heard the sound of Taps one night,
When everything was still;
I listened to the bugler play,
And felt a sudden chill;

I wondered just how many times
That Taps had meant "Amen"
When a flag had draped a coffin
Of a brother or a friend;

I thought of all the children,
Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and husbands.
With interrupted lives.

I thought about a graveyard
At the bottom of the sea,
Of unmarked graves in Arlington.
No. Freedom is not Free!

©Copyright 1981 by Kelly Strong

Relic said:

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

[size=125 ]
I watched the flag pass by one day,
It fluttered in the breeze;
A young Marine saluted it,
And then he stood at ease.

I looked at him in uniform,
So young, so tall, so proud;
With hair cut square and eyes alert,
He'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought... how many men like him
Had fallen through the years?
How many died on foreign soil?
How many mothers' tears?

How many pilots' planes shot down
How many died at sea
How many foxholes were soldiers' graves
No, Freedom is not Free.

I heard the sound of Taps one night,
When everything was still;
I listened to the bugler play,
And felt a sudden chill;

I wondered just how many times
That Taps had meant "Amen"
When a flag had draped a coffin
Of a brother or a friend;

I thought of all the children,
Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and husbands.
With interrupted lives.

I thought about a graveyard
At the bottom of the sea,
Of unmarked graves in Arlington.
No. Freedom is not Free!

©Copyright 1981 by Kelly Strong[/size]

Hi

We are free and have been for a couple hundred years now. There were good reasons why we entered into world war one and two. For the most part, it was to protect our freedom and the freedom of our alliances . A few militants that try and blow up a building or take over a plane, or try and set off a bomb in a subway will in no way take away our freedom. All it does , is to show us that our defences from these types of attacks have flaws/weaknesses in them. It is not a reason to support an overseas campaign.

Even the french fought with the thirteen colonies against the British. They became our ally. And in modern times (today) , Britian is our ally, and was also our alliance in WW2 .

Our government priorities are way out of sink . And I believe that many americans do not even fully understand the true definition of the word "freedom".

Sorry for the rant ! :salute

I might not agree with everything some of you say, but I do understand where you are coming from, in that you have a problem with the positions some troops have been placed in. But please, do not turn this thread into a thread against placing our troops in wars that you don't agree with.

------------------------------

This thread is about a MEMORIAL and a TRIBUTE for SOLDIERS and the service they gave.

Rolling Thunder on Memorial Day weekend in Washington, DC. 2009

This year will be another Tribute of Honor and MEMORIAL for our lost! GOD BLESS!

[youtube:biggrinwp2qw10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMzZNIw9KY[/youtube:biggrinwp2qw10]

thankyou relic, for i am an afghanistan vet, i will look all those videos,but i simply cant listen to taps today.

in honor,
spc julie r hickey. she died from thrombosis,while be treated for diabetis. she helped a lot local women in afghanistan , and they muslims community there loved her. :verysad she was 20.
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fall ... -r-hickey/

in honor brandon j wadman. who was killed in accident. he was 19, and his death made think as to why i serve for he loved his country enough to volunteer for war even though he didnt have to go!
http://militarytimes.com/valor/army-pfc ... an/262997/

his death was the most touching to me as i saw the wrecked vehicle and i aslo redidicated my live to christ because of him. i was on my back from a mission to kabol and passed the flipped over 5 ton.

today, will be contemptative day for me.

in honor of my grandpa, who didnt die from war but did serve in ww2. man i miss him as i could talk about his adventures as he might have opened up to me since i would understand war.

I went to our community's Memorial Day program yesterday. I hope that everyone will be able to take some time this weekend to do something to honor our vet's.

God bless them indeed.

:salute

Relic said:

I might not agree with everything some of you say, but I do understand where you are coming from, in that you have a problem with the positions some troops have been placed in. But please, do not turn this thread into a thread against placing our troops in wars that you don't agree with.

------------------------------

This thread is about a MEMORIAL and a TRIBUTE for SOLDIERS and the service they gave.
I concur! :yes

relic, my home church did a tribute to the troops and the pastor also went through the early american history that had christian values to them. it was convicting as the church as a whole needed to repent.

usually i dont wear the uniform to church, but today i did and i usually do this on memorial day, july 4th and also veterans day. to represent the troops and also think of ssg cranman harry, s deceased.

my grandpa, i have been to where he returned from war and i went to war from there and came back to ft.dix,nj.

my grandma thought that was awesome.

If i voiced my opinions on soldiers, governments and war i would have 2/3's of this board ticked off at me so I'll butt out of this thread. ;)

God of our fathers, known of old--
Lord of our far-flung battle line
Beneath whose awful hand we hold
Dominion over palm and pine--
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget - lest we forget!

The tumult and the shouting dies;
The captains and the kings depart:
Still stands Thine ancient sacrifice,
An humble and a contrite heart.

Far-called, our navies melt away;
On dune and headland sinks the fire:
Lo, all our pomp of yesterday
Is one with Nineveh and Tyre!
Judge of the Nations, spare us yet,

If, drunk with sight of power, we loose
Wild tongues that have not Thee in awe--
Such boasting as the Gentiles use
Or lesser breeds without the law--

For heathen heart that puts her trust
In reeking tube and iron shard--
All valiant dust that builds on dust,
And guarding, calls not Thee to guard--
For frantic boast and foolish word,
Thy mercy on Thy people, Lord!

Rudyard Kipling

God bless those who served in America's wars. And especially bless those who didn't make it home, as I did.

I may not agree with what wars we are fighting, particularly if we are talking about the United States, but I fully respect a person who can serve their country in a way such as that. It must take a lot. :salute

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back