Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God does not love you if you are single. Read Genesis 2:18

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mike760 said:
Nick_29 said:
I hope you find a true relationship with Christ while you are here. :pray.

Nick, I do have a relationship with the Lord. The problem is that relationship has suffered some tremendous damage over the years from my lonely hurt and my doubt. Believe me when I say I've once been a strong passionate person for God. I might yet be again, but right now I'm just too broken and hurt to be strong. I'm going to dissolve unless things change. I just really wish I had someone to love, while waiting for Heaven.
Mike, I understand your lonlyness, I truly do because I am really wanting a girlfriend too right now. But the difference here is that I know that God wil provide at the opportune moment that suites HIm best, and according to HIs plan and HIs will. I know it's all God and me = nothing.

You seem to think that it all revolves around you. It actually is all about God, since He is the creator of all things. I pray that you will realise that God has a plan, and that you are a part of it, but maybe not in the way you think. :pray

Mike760 said:
Nick_29 said:
I hope you find a true relationship with Christ while you are here. :pray.

Nick, I do have a relationship with the Lord. The problem is that relationship has suffered some tremendous damage over the years from my lonely hurt and my doubt. Believe me when I say I've once been a strong passionate person for God. I might yet be again, but right now I'm just too broken and hurt to be strong. I'm going to dissolve unless things change. I just really wish I had someone to love, while waiting for Heaven.
Well, one thing is obvious to me. You are putting a woman before God. What you're talking about in Christian terms is idolatry.
I'm surprised you haven't tried something stupid like getting into a bar fight to impress some ... quit blaming God though.
Your crying the blues is not impressing anyone. If you act like that around some woman, she might give you some rather ....insulting comments.
Obviously, you are no expert with women. Why don't you find some Christian male friends first. Women are usually more attracted to men that can make friends with other men anyway. Being a whiner is not impressive either. Grow up. I hope you don't act this desperate around actual women. They can smell desperation a mile away.
P.S. May I suggest putting some aces in your favor.
1. put some muscle on (as a woman's hair is her glory, so is a young man's strength to him...it also helps in dealing with some of the competition...you don't necessarily have to fight)
2. Get yourself a career if you don't have one. One of the most appealing things to women is the ability to support a family
3. Find some male friends that are Christians, but may be interested in helping you in your endeavors
4. Get right with God. It's a total turnoff to hear a whiner
5.There are Christian dating sites...although right now... you are a lousy choice. You should get out of desperation mode.
6. Clean up smell good be well kempt
7. Lastly, they aren't going to show up at your door. Which means you have to be in a surrounding where things like dating possibilities can happen. College and career etc. And don't be stupid and tell them you are desperate. You'll stick out like a sore thumb...and just end up getting snubbed anyway.

and...good luck.

justvisiting said:
2. Get yourself a career if you don't have one. One of the most appealing things to women is the ability to support a family

I would love to have a career and feel like I'm going somewhere, but how am I supposed to get a career with this "nice" economy God has blessed us with?

justvisiting said:
5.There are Christian dating sites...although right now... you are a lousy choice. You should get out of desperation mode.

And, every dating site I've ever tried has either tried to charge me money, or nobody ever replies, or both.

justvisiting said:
don't be stupid and tell them you are desperate. You'll stick out like a sore thumb...and just end up getting snubbed anyway.

I don't act or speak desperate infront of the ladies. Somehow they're still able to sense it, even if I'm not thinking about it.

Well, work on it all...and keep the faith...get your heart right with God...use common sense.
All is not lost. You're just in a big hurry. There is still hope for you, but don't count on marriage being as glorious as you think either. A lot of people, even Christians, get divorced.
I think you will up your chances tremendously, if your heart is right before the Lord. That doesn't mean you don't have some work to do. So work on it.

Justvisiting,

Please try to refrain from issuing personal attacks on other members. While we all can get passionate about our beliefs sometimes ...let us try to refrain from saying hurtful things to other members here at CF.

Mike,

I ask you to please watch your choice of words when it comes to God. This is a Christian Forum. I understand you are dealing with some difficult trials right now which makes it hard for you not to feel some form of anger, bitterness, or even possible resentment towards your Creator....but please keep in mind, that insulting God...Jesus...or Christianity is not acceptable in accordance to the TOS.

Our economyis not something of which we should blame on God, but rather our choices as individuals. God gave us the freedom of choice in terms of our actions, thoughts, as well as words. I understand you are hurting but once again....I ask you try to exercise a little more tact in your choice of words.

Will be praying for you and should you need someone to talk to you, you can always feel free to send me a pm or e-mail.

Mike760 said:
LostLamb said:
Are you implying that God does not love you? What proof do you require? Is Jesus not proof enough? Please do not think I ask these things to accuse you of anything...but rather to understand you better.

The proof I need is that He cares enough about my feelings to give me the gift that matters to me the most. This is very important to me.

So, if I go by what you say here, if your parents didn't give you what you wanted the most, that meant they didn't love you? You are equating things with love, which is a big mistake. God just like parents don't always give us what we want, when we want, but they do give us what we "need." If you're love for God only depends on what he can give you, then I would say it is you who does not "LOVE" God. I mean God let his "ONLY begotten son" die for you, would you let your first and only son die for him when he's born? There is no greater love than someone laying their life down for another, so I'd say God must have loved "you" pretty immensely to let his "only" son Jesus die for you.

Try this experiment, write down "every" sin (that includes every unkind thought or word) you've ever committed in your short life seperately on pieces of paper. Get a box of tacks, a bottle of ketchup watered down a little in a squirt bottle and then go outside and find a tree. Take every sin of yours and tack it to the tree and then squirt some ketchup out in every place you tack a sin allowing the ketchup to flow down. Next imagine that is Jesus bleeding and dying on the cross for you, then come back and tell me God or Jesus doesn't love you.

First Corinthians, Chapter Seven
1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.

32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:

33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

38 So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.

You argument is invalid.

Sound Silence said:
First Corinthians, Chapter Seven
1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

You seem to be of the opinion that I care.

EternallyHis said:
But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

Exactly what I want.

EternallyHis said:
38 So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.

Doesn't matter to me. Woman are visible, God is not.

You argument is invalid.

How so? You have no evidence. If you're going to try to say your above quotes are your proof, then you really should consider getting your brain examined.

Mike760 said:
Genesis 2:18 "It is not good for man to be alone. I will create a helper suitable for Him."

So... in other words, after clearly saying it is bad for man to be alone, then why the heck is He leaving me alone? That means one of two things. Either one, He doesn't care and wants me to have what is not good, which pretty much defies His "Great Love" for us, or two He is not who He says He is. Either way, I am sick of being alone, sick of crying out endlessly and passionately to a God who only gives me silent treatment.

He is clearly giving me what He Himself SAYS is "Not good".

Mike, I can sympathize with your frustration. There is one particular thing I have unceasingly asked God to remedy in my life (a thorn in my side, if you will) and year after year, the answer seems to be No. There have been times when I have literally fallen on the floor in anguish over this matter, crying my heart out before God, and for the most part, all I receive is silence, no discernible action on His part. And this particular thorn is, in my opinion at least, something I think God would want His child to live without. But, apparently God sees different...for now at least.

In your post, you limit God to only two options: not caring or not being who He says He is. But I believe there is at least one other possibility. Could it be that maybe God knows you aren't ready for a mate? Perhaps his answer is more of "not yet" than a definite "no."

I believe that when God withholds something good from us -- something we desire -- it is because, no matter how much we want it, we might not be able to handle it yet. Just as a parent withholds certain good things from their children until the time is right. For instance, it is good for children to grow up and be on their own, right? But how many teenagers do you know that are just itching to be on their own? The freedom and independence is practically all they can think about. But parents, in their wisdom, know that they aren't ready for the responsibility...yet.

So could it be that you are still in the preparation phase? Could it be that God is still desiring to work on certain areas of your life, certain areas that might presently keep you from enjoying a relationship to its full?

Just something to think about. I know that God is ultimately protecting me from something, and I believe it might be the same with you. May God bless you in your desire to find your beloved mate.

Mike760 said:
You seem to be of the opinion that I care.

How so? You have no evidence. If you're going to try to say your above quotes are your proof, then you really should consider getting your brain examined.

Mike I am going to ask you to stop insulting those who are trying to help you. The more you do this, the more it appears your intentions are those to troll or slander Christians. I understand you are frustrated, but that is no excuse to treat members the way you are.

So please, use some tact.

This goes for everyone. If we cannot talk to one another without insulting one another perhaps we should not say anything at all.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back