Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

GOD doesn't take a Christian by surprise

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

I have come to the conclusion that GOD does not do anything or allow anything to happen to a Christian without first telling that Christian about it. This is true with Abraham's case, in Gen 18:17.
So, when a Christian laments that God has offended him it must be true that THE Christian must have been living in sin and has for long forsaken GOD - consciously forsaken HIM. Does GOD work with sinners? Does HE make use of them in HIS Holy Vineyard?

Many don't hear because they have remained deaf to GOD - in sin.

SURPRISE! Salvation Comes ---- the Jews and the gentiles were surprised the Messiah Came A Suffering Servant to Die,
even though it was written long before in Scripture.
I've seen people surprised that they were saved - that Yhwh cared for them at all let alone sent His Son Yeshua to die so they could live.
I've seen people surprised that they weren't saved - that their own family and church didn't bother to tell them the truth about Yeshua and Salvation and death and sin, so they didn't know from them that they needed to repent and be immersed in Yeshua to be saved.

In the vineyard, what does one of the parables say (RE does Yhwh use sinners in His vineyard) - ? ... don't the workers turn on the messengers He sends to them, and then murder His Son ? I don't remember but I don't think they were saved .... .... (might look it up later if I have time)... ... ...

I have come to the conclusion that GOD does not do anything or allow anything to happen to a Christian without first telling that Christian about it. This is true with Abraham's case, in Gen 18:17.

God didn't tell me that I would be in a car accident and get whiplash, but He allowed it to happen. That's just one example. I could go on and fill many pages with posts about things God has allowed to happen in my life without telling me beforehand.

Does GOD work with sinners? Does HE make use of them in HIS Holy Vineyard?

Now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, my servant, and I have given him also the beasts of the field to serve him. (Jer. 27:6 ESV)
God calls Nebuchadnezzar His servant. Was he not a sinner? In fact, are we not all sinners? Does God have anybody besides sinners that He can use?

The TOG​

God's telling me everything before he does it?
And I'm living in sin because I don't hear him?
Mama mia!

SURPRISE! Salvation Comes ---- the Jews and the gentiles were surprised the Messiah Came A Suffering Servant to Die,
even though it was written long before in Scripture.
I've seen people surprised that they were saved - that Yhwh cared for them at all let alone sent His Son Yeshua to die so they could live.
I've seen people surprised that they weren't saved - that their own family and church didn't bother to tell them the truth about Yeshua and Salvation and death and sin, so they didn't know from them that they needed to repent and be immersed in Yeshua to be saved.

In the vineyard, what does one of the parables say (RE does Yhwh use sinners in His vineyard) - ? ... don't the workers turn on the messengers He sends to them, and then murder His Son ? I don't remember but I don't think they were saved .... .... (might look it up later if I have time)... ... ...

You might want to look at the OP again. It for CHRISTIANS. Take Abraham's case as a guide (the negative was revealed to him) :)

God didn't tell me that I would be in a car accident and get whiplash, but He allowed it to happen. That's just one example. I could go on and fill many pages with posts about things God has allowed to happen in my life without telling me beforehand.

Now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, my servant, and I have given him also the beasts of the field to serve him. (Jer. 27:6 ESV)
God calls Nebuchadnezzar His servant. Was he not a sinner? In fact, are we not all sinners? Does God have anybody besides sinners that He can use?

The TOG​
I can't remember how long he was used. Was it for a purpose that he was used?

You might want to look at the OP again. It for CHRISTIANS. Take Abraham's case as a guide (the negative was revealed to him) :)

surely you have read the New Testament ! ? --- most all of the first Christians were Jews. and then they were SURPRISED that Yhwh let gentiles come in ! (it was unheard of, unthinkable! , until Yhwh did it)

Abraham's case of 'mumps'? or what ? as a guide to what ? and what 'negative' are you talking about ?

I can't remember how long he was used. Was it for a purpose that he was used?

I don't remember the details, but they don't matter anyway. God used a Pagan to bring about His will. As has been pointed out, he has also used animals. God can and does use any tool He desires to do His will.

The TOG​

Cyrus, king of Persia - Medes, used by God to release the Jews from captivity in Babylon,
And to by decree help them to rebuild the temple and Jerusalem. Isaiah 45, 2 Chron. 36

surely you have read the New Testament ! ? --- most all of the first Christians were Jews. and then they were SURPRISED that Yhwh let gentiles come in ! (it was unheard of, unthinkable! , until Yhwh did it)

Abraham's case of 'mumps'? or what ? as a guide to what ? and what 'negative' are you talking about ?

I think they were surprised that the Lord gave the Holy Spirit to non-Jews without them becoming circumcised Jews, without them being converts to Judaism.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back