Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God hates money

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

God hates money.
A preacher says, Of all the greatest inventions which man made, which God hates most - is money.
Jesus didnt touch money, he went on to say.
Adam and Eve didnt use money.
Money is not a parameter for measuring God's strength.
Money is the last item in every project, imagination is the first.
Money only comes during execution.

Money is only a means to replace goods that one is incapable of producing himself. For example, I might be a good carpenter but have no ability for metal works. Suppose I need some metal work done but the metal worker does not require any carpentry. How can I exchange my skill for his? One way is to sell my carpentry skills to another person in exchange for money and then use the money to obtain the metal work I need from the smith. He then can use the money I give him to obtain some needed good from someone else that has a skill to which he needs. It isn't the money that is the problem. It is the love of money that is the problem. Jesus used money. Did he not instruct Peter to obtain the needed coins from a fishes mouth to pay taxes? Was Judas not in charge of their treasury?

Think of money as necessary in life, as you think of oil in your car engine being necessary for the engine to operate effectively.
If you get low on money or if you have no money, is similar to being low on oil or your car engine having no oil.
Both your life and your car engine can work for a little while without any, but, not for long.

I don't know if he hates it or not, but Jesus told us to use it to make friends and influence people:

9“And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness" (Luke 16:9 NASB)

How are we to feed the poor if, in trying to "please God", we have nothing, ourselves?

I have to have more than just what I need, in order to give something away.

LOL yes, you are right
In fact, Love money is also not a problem, earn money without conscience

We are commanded to do honest work. Earn honest money.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” 2 Thessalonians 3:10 NIV

Just love God, not money:

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24 NIV

Honest car salesman,an oxymoron and contradiction.sadly Christians will rob his fellow man as bad as sinner. The church has robbed her workers.I'm a victim of that.wage theft.

How has the church robbed you Jason?
Overtime laws,I work overtime they paid straighttime.that isn't legal.I wasnt working for free.I also didn't turn them in.I was one a few ,10 employees ,that this was done.the church had the money to pay.simply if they were broke ask to have the job done.but that was a large church

That is just the sanctuary. It has a large preschool to the south, used to own four homes that it rented.it was sued for the rat infested home it rented.that is bad.they lost and had to settle. The home was just across from the youth hall.the Sunday school ,education is huge.I'm over the past.but it was wrong.if you follow my route pic thread I posted the image there and made no mention. Of the past issue.

Back