Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God of the Bible is not all loving.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Padre Pio

A God that will burn his own children in hell just because they do not worship him is not a loving God at all... In fact he is a narcissist.

Even my mom is much more loving than the God of the Bible in more ways than I can type here.

A God that will burn his own children in hell just because they do not worship him is not a loving God at all... In fact he is a narcissist.

Even my mom is much more loving than the God of the Bible in more ways than I can type here.
Whether or not people will actually burn is up for debate. However, what do you suggest God do to those people who reject him and live in open rebellion to what he has commanded?

Whether or not people will actually burn is up for debate. However, what do you suggest God do to those people who reject him and live in open rebellion to what he has commanded?
If god's all loving then he should still love them and forgive them... One more thing, they are disbelievers because God had not given them any solid proof of his existence, which God can very easily if he is really omnipotent, but God doesn't and then cry like an immature kid about his creation not believing and worshipping him.

If god's all loving then he should still love them and forgive them...
Then that would mean he is unjust.

One more thing, they are disbelievers because God had not given them any solid proof of his existence, which God can very easily if he is really omnipotent, but God doesn't and then cry like an immature kid about his creation not believing and worshipping him.
He has given ample evidence of his existence. What do you consider to be “solid proof”?

Then that would mean he is unjust.
I can see your point of view but an actual all loving God would love all of his creation equally.
What do you consider to be “solid proof”?
God coming down and performing miracles would be a good solid proof (not talking about Jesus and his second coming). Don't say that Jesus has already done so, even if he did all that it's still 2000+ years ago and it's not a proof for people in this age... Why doesn't he came down in these times and open our eyes?

I can see your point of view but an actual all loving God would love all of his creation equally.
But that would still mean he is unjust. For God to be all-loving and perfectly just, what do you suggest he do with those who not only reject him but rebel against him?

God coming down and performing miracles would be a good solid proof (not talking about Jesus and his second coming). Don't say that Jesus has already done so, even if he did all that it's still 2000+ years ago and it's not a proof for people in this age... Why doesn't he came down in these times and open our eyes?
He did do that in Christ and most still did not believe, and that was among Jews who believed in the existence of God. Many Greeks, Romans, and other gentiles reject him even though the apostles performed miracles to validate the truth of the gospel. The Israelites often rebelled against God despite some incredible miracles. Even fewer would believe now; such is the nature of the human heart. It would all be explained away, just as it always has been.

He has given us everything we need to believe.

What's the difference between these times and 2,000 years ago?
Man still has the same nature.
Technology has changed.
Man remains the same.

Atheists find all sorts of reasons why they don't wish to believe.

To someone who wants to believe, no miracles are necessary.
To someone who does not want to believe, no number of miracles is enough.

One question for you:
What made all you see about you?
How did the universe come into being?

But that would still mean he is unjust. For God to be all-loving and perfectly just, what do you suggest he do with those who not only reject him but rebel against him?
There is no need for God to punish the people who do not worship him and always rebel against him. What actual harm do they do to the almighty God to warrant hell fire or any kind of punishment that's written in the religions books?

Let's take a look at 2 scenarios...
Scenario 1: A girl who was born a Hindu, who does lots of charity and other good works and who worships only Hindu gods dies and she "deserves punishment" for not worshipping the "right God".

Scenario 2: A killer who has killed multiple people, who never repented till he was in his death bed, accepts Jesus as his saviour and gets a free ticket to heaven.

How do they make sense?

Atheists find all sorts of reasons why they don't wish to believe.

To someone who wants to believe, no miracles are necessary.
To someone who does not want to believe, no number of miracles is enough
Not true... There are many people that were once hardcore atheists became Christians and vice versa.

There is no need for God to punish the people who do not worship him and always rebel against him. What actual harm do they do to the almighty God to warrant hell fire or any kind of punishment that's written in the religions books?

Let's take a look at 2 scenarios...
Scenario 1: A girl who was born a Hindu, who does lots of charity and other good works and who worships only Hindu gods dies and she "deserves punishment" for not worshipping the "right God".

Scenario 2: A killer who has killed multiple people, who never repented till he was in his death bed, accepts Jesus as his saviour and gets a free ticket to heaven.

How do they make sense?
You say there is no need for God to punish people who reject him and rebel against him. But you have yet to provide an alternative in which God is both loving and just.

Going to hell is the default for every person and the only way out is to believe in the name of Jesus, that is, in who he is and in his death and resurrection. There is no free ticket—making salvation possible cost God the blood of his Son; that’s an infinite sacrifice. That was the price for my sin, your sin, a Hindu girl’s sin, and a murderer’s sin. The infinite sacrifice covers all sin when one truly repents and turns to Christ, which is why a murderer on his death bed, if he truly repents and puts his faith in Jesus, goes to heaven. This is seen in one of those crucified beside Jesus (Luke 23:39-43) and even those who had him crucified (Acts 2:22-41).

God doesn't burn His own children.
God doesn't force anyone to worship Him.

Only the Devil's children get burned. God's children do great!

Go figure! Mom's are made in God's image and likeness. I see a connection.

If god's all loving then he should still love them and forgive them... One more thing, they are disbelievers because God had not given them any solid proof of his existence, which God can very easily if he is really omnipotent, but God doesn't and then cry like an immature kid about his creation not believing and worshipping him.
Scriptures say those who go to hell do so because of the way they treated other people, for the most part. That is, they stole from people, they murdered people, they lied about people, they manipulated people to their own benefit, they lived pretty much for themselves and their own pleasure AND WOULD CONTINUE DOING SO IN ETERNITY. They have made themselves into the kind of people who ruin peace and safety for others and they would not change since they blew all chances of changes (repentance) here. It isn't God alone who does not want them in Heaven, the inhabitants of Heaven do not want them there as they would bring hell into heaven, a place with no locks, keys, codes, security cameras or even police.

One can read in the scriptures why one is sentenced to hell. Every man will stand before the Judgement Seat of God and give an answer as to the deeds DONE in the body. We are not judged by whether we love God or not. That is a standard invented by Christians who want the bar to be very low so that they need not adjust their deeds. They embrace that all they need to do is feel warm and fuzzy ("love") about God. They do not need to make themselves treat others as they would like to be treated....just love God. (They reject the idea that "loving God" according to God is not a warm and fuzzy feeling but actually DOING what he commands.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back