Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God will Judge you for your WORDS, THOUGHTS, and ACTIONS!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We need God's grace, but we will be judged for our words, thoughts, and actions.

If we persistently disobey Jesus without repentence we won't be saved.

Obedience matters!

1 Cor 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts.

Gal 5:6
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Matt 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

2 Cor 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Matt 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

Matt 25:46
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

John 5:29
and come out--those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.

ETC.!!

The rapture was invented to try to escape "The Judgment Seat of Christ".

Let us look a little closer at the verses and see how Yeshua rejects the christians, which shout out in Jesus name.

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Here is our first hint at who He is talking about He says they call Him Lord. Jews do not call Him Lord.
Muslims do not call Him Lord, christians call Him Lord !!

22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
Just in case you think christians are not mentioned here there is overwhelming evidence here in this verse,
Lord did we not prophecy in your name, Hello thats christians. And in your name drive out demons. Jesus says
your all fakes, false prophets, with phony miracles, this is the modern churches being rejected and IT SAYS MANY ARE REJECTED NOT EXCEPTED.

23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

What a shock for 500,000,000 so called saved christians.

We need God's grace, but we will be judged for our words, thoughts, and actions.

Obedience matters!

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

and come out--those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.

ETC.!!

I wish fellow Christians who believed in Jesus so strongly would also believe that Jesus dying on the cross for our sins is sufficient for eternal life. Because if they do not, then they are basically saying that what God did for them was not enough.

I ellipsised (new word) out those scriptures quoted in the beginning because they do not appear relevant. But I ask that you look at Matthew 7:21 again.

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
(Matthew 7:21 NASB)

What is "the will of My Father"?

The answer is in John 6:29: (Here are two translations.)

Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."
(John 6:28-29 NASB)

They replied, "We want to perform God's works, too. What should we do?" Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the One He has sent."
(John 6:28-29 NLT)

Am I confusing "will" with "works"? I do not think so.

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."
(John 6:40 NIV)

I did not mean for this response to be so long, but appreciate what the Lord has done for us. In gratitude, you can help his children to show them the love of God, but it is not required. God knows what is in your heart.

Now all those others scriptures that are quoted, they look like references to the Berma Seat judgment, where believers' faith is rewarded with crowns, and the White Throne judgment, where unbelievers are sent to the lake of fire. Two different events.

I wish fellow Christians who believed in Jesus so strongly would also believe that Jesus dying on the cross for our sins is sufficient for eternal life. Because if they do not, then they are basically saying that what God did for them was not enough.

Does this mean that you believe in universal salvation?

If not, then you are saying that what God did for the world was not enough.

I did not mean for this response to be so long, but appreciate what the Lord has done for us. In gratitude, you can help his children to show them the love of God, but it is not required. God knows what is in your heart.

Now all those others scriptures that are quoted, they look like references to the Berma Seat judgment, where believers' faith is rewarded with crowns, and the White Throne judgment, where unbelievers are sent to the lake of fire. Two different events.

It is God's will that we believe in Jesus, but that is not all that he wills.

You can't take a single non-exclusive verse and use it to negate the rest of the bible.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I wish fellow Christians who believed in Jesus so strongly would also believe that Jesus dying on the cross for our sins is sufficient for eternal life.
I politely suggest that this statement needs to be exceedingly carefully nuanced.

In Romans 2, Paul clearly states that eternal life is granted according to "persistence in doing good". And in Romans 8, Paul tells the believer that if, repeat if, that believer "puts sin to death", he will, yes, live.

I think it is clear that the New Testament teaches that ultimate salvation is based on how we live. However, and I want to be crystal clear about this, the New Testament also teaches that placing faith in Jesus ensures final salvation. How can we reconcile these seeming contradictory positions? By concluding that the gift of the Spirit ensures that those who place faith in Jesus are indeed transformed so that they perform good deeds.

I have very grave doubts that one can be saved if one's life does not exhibit tangible signs of regeneration as manifested by "good works".

"And the dead shall be from one end of the earth to the other"
Yeshua comes to destroy with warfare" all the kings of the earth."

Chapter 2

1 Why do the nations conspire [fn1]and the peoples plot in vain?

2 The kings of the earth take their standand the rulers gather togetheragainst the Lord

and against his Anointed One. [fn2]

3 “Let us break their chains,” they say,“and throw off their fetters.”

4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;the Lord scoffs at them.

5 Then he rebukes them in his angerand terrifies them in his wrath, saying,

6 “I have installed my King [fn3]on Zion, my holy hill.”

7 I will proclaim the decree of the Lord:He said to me, “You are my Son [fn4] ;

today I have become your Father. [fn5]

8 Ask of me,

and I will make the nations your inheritance,

the ends of the earth your possession.

9 You will rule them with an iron scepter [fn6] ;

you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

YOU WILL DASH THE NATIONS LIKE POTTERY

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;be warned, you rulers of the earth.

YESHUA COMES TO DESTORY THE RULERS OF THE EARTH

11 Serve the Lord with fearand rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angryand you be destroyed in your way, DESTROYED IN THE WAY BY YESHUA

for his wrath can flare up in a moment.

Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Just like the last time, the religious leaders lead the people against YeShua,

The Mistaken Identity Of Yeshua !

Last edited by a moderator:
elvis:

The rapture was invented to try to escape "The Judgment Seat of Christ".

I believe believers will stand before the Judgment seat of Christ, and their sins will be exposed, but not for their condemnation or shame, but to the praise of God's Grace.

Now understand, I do not believe the believer's sins can condemned them before God, for Christ has bore their punishment in full. and God will not , can not lay any charges against them in that Day.

The believer who at that time will be conformed into the image of Christ, in their redeemed bodies [Glorified] will not be ashamed of their sins being exposed, it will only be a opportunity to praise God the more for His Grace unto them.

eph 1:6

To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

It will be seen in that day, that the saints inheritance could be nothing but grace, for they, even after conversion committed things worthy of death and damnation, even more so than some of the reprobated.

I agree. In fact, that is the belief. That Jesus is the Christ, the promised one from God. That is why Jews are labeled as possesing the knowledge of the promises. They understood what a Savior would be to them.

In "modern" Christianity you have two sides to the idea. You have the one side that say, "Christ saved us from our sins(past tense) and now it is up to us to continue in the way of righteousness".

Then you have the other side of the road that says, "I believe Christ died on the cross for ALL my sins, past, present, and future. I believe that I have salvation right at this very moment and if I wanted to I could swing out over hell on a rotten grape vine and shake my fist in the devils face".

Both sides misinterpret what faithful Jews really believed about the Christ to come.

Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah,
9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.
For they did not continue in my covenant,
and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
11 And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.”
The Holy Bible : English Standard Version. Wheaton : Standard Bible Society, 2001, S. Heb 8:8-12

The Jewish people believed in the promised Messiah that would not only take sins, past, present, and future; but who would give them new life. A life that God would live through the one willing to obey. No more would they have to strive to be pleasing, to keep the law. He was going to write it on their hearts. It would always be before them, there would never be a time when they did not know what the "law" of the Lord is.

It was going to be a covenant completely different than the one He made with their fathers. It was not going to be a covenant of works, but one of faith. The faith that says, "Where He leads, I will follow".

What we have done in modernity is to take that faith and peddle it as a intellectual belief in a man dieing on a cross.

The Jews believed in a man who would "always be with them and always be constantly guiding them".

Don't believe me? How many times did the disciples, the first ones to see the Messiah and follow Him...how many times did they ask Him when He was going to set up His kingdom? Even still...after the resurrection...they still asked again if it was the time.

What God was speaking about was the promise of the Holy Spirit who would always LIVE IN MAN. Constantly guiding and correcting, producing HIMSELF fruit through the life of the indwelt individual. When the disciples finally put two and two together, their testimony was this;

29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. 30The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
The Holy Bible : English Standard Version. Wheaton : Standard Bible Society, 2001, S. Ac 5:29-32

The apostles were looking for a Messiah who would be their Savior and Leader. That is why they were looking for Him to set up His kingdom. So that they could follow Him, and be lead by Him.

Modern Christianity has watered down the "faith" to a faith in a Savior, but not the same faith in a leader. In order for faith to be true faith listed throughout Scripture the same amount of "belief" that one holds in Jesus as being their Savior has to equal the same amount of "belief" that one has in Jesus as their Leader.

There are times when we stumble and fall, but that does not mean a disbeleif has occured. It just means that part of the flesh still needs to be dealt with. That is precisely why Jesus is not our Savior in past tense, but He is always before the throne day and night making intersession.

We no more need to "strive" to produce fruit than we did to be saved. But if the fruit is not being produced...if there is a constant attitude of disobedience...if there is not a acknolodgment of "Jesus is LORD", but only one of "Jesus is Savior"...then there is something wrong.

The Spirit of God is who confirms our standing with God. Not our words, not our thoughts, not our actions. Those are fruits. A tree does not "strive" to produce fruit. It either happens or it does not.

There is one thing, and only one thing that should be done by everyone who calls themselves a Christian;

5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? —unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
The Holy Bible : English Standard Version. Wheaton : Standard Bible Society, 2001, S. 2 Co 13:5

God is in your heart. It is not required, but will happen if He is truly in your heart. I understand what you are saying though...I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe believers will stand before the Judgment seat of Christ, and their sins will be exposed, but not for their condemnation or shame, but to the praise of God's Grace.

Amen!

Now understand, I do not believe the believer's sins can condemned them before God, for Christ has bore their punishment in full. and God will not , can not lay any charges against them in that Day.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
The Holy Bible : English Standard Version. Wheaton : Standard Bible Society, 2001, S. Ro 8:1

None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. But...only for those who are in Christ Jesus. What does it mean to be in Christ Jesus?

"For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God."
The Holy Bible : English Standard Version. Wheaton : Standard Bible Society, 2001, S. Ro 8:2-8

Christ set us free...free to follow the Spirit. If we revert back to following the flesh it will lead to death. If we continue to follow in the Spirit it will end in life.

Does that mean that if one sins they are reverting back to the flesh and therefore not walking in the Spirit? By no means!!! If we say we have no sin we lie to ourselves. The Spirit does not just come and go from man. He dwells in man. He sets up residence.

However...forget not the dire warning in Hebrews;

Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,†that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end. As it is said,
“ Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.â€
For who were those who heard and yet rebelled? Was it not all those who left Egypt led by Moses? And with whom was he provoked for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? And to whom did he swear that lthey would not enter his rest, but to those who were disobedient? So we see that they were unable to enter because of unbelief.
The Holy Bible : English Standard Version. Wheaton : Standard Bible Society, 2001, S. Heb 3:12-19

They were unable to enter because of unbelief. Not because they sinned. They were hardened through continual sin to the point of unbelief. If we hold fast our confidence in Christ...the promised Messiah...the one who would lead His people in the way of righteousness...not just a man dieing on a cross...if we hold to that confidence we will enter the rest of God one day. Nothing more...but definitely nothing less.

The believer who at that time will be conformed into the image of Christ, in their redeemed bodies [Glorified] will not be ashamed of their sins being exposed, it will only be a opportunity to praise God the more for His Grace unto them.

When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings†(these are offered according to the law), then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.†He abolishes the first in order to establish the second. And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
The Holy Bible : English Standard Version. Wheaton : Standard Bible Society, 2001, S. Heb 10:8-10

We are conformed already. Not in totality, the mind(spirit) and body are still yet to be conformed, but our soul has been.

It is the fact that our heart(soul) has been conformed(sanctified), and that our hearts(soul) have had the law of God written on them, that we are living the life of obedience to our LORD(Savior and Leader).

I agree. We will praise God for His grace, but I think that there will be shame. Because we are not completely perfect in body and mind we still sin and sin has consequences. We will grieve and weep for the stupid things we did. However, praise God!!! "He will wipe away their tears".

Obedience matters!

Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Gal 6

ETC.!!

Christ's blood covers our sins. Judicially, a believer is clean before God because the payment has already been made. If the payment has already been made, how can we be condemned?

I think a lot of Christians make the error that if one is judged, that means that their salvation is in peril. How can our salvation be in peril if Christ has already paid the price? Yes, we will be judged, but it is not our salvation that is in jeopardy, it is our relationship with God that we are harming by continuing to sin. And God will chastise us, even to the point of death, in order to keep us from losing our salvation.

Another error that is often, people read "reward" and think "salvation". Salvation is not a reward. A reward suggests that you have done something to merit it, almost like a wage. Salvation is a gift. Gifts are freely given with no strings attached. (This reminds me of Barrington Bunny who had to learn what a gift was.)

Christ's blood covers our sins. Judicially, a believer is clean before God because the payment has already been made. If the payment has already been made, how can we be condemned?

I think a lot of Christians make the error that if one is judged, that means that their salvation is in peril. How can our salvation be in peril if Christ has already paid the price? Yes, we will be judged, but it is not our salvation that is in jeopardy, it is our relationship with God that we are harming by continuing to sin. And God will chastise us, even to the point of death, in order to keep us from losing our salvation.

Another error that is often, people read "reward" and think "salvation". Salvation is not a reward. A reward suggests that you have done something to merit it, almost like a wage. Salvation is a gift. Gifts are freely given with no strings attached. (This reminds me of Barrington Bunny who had to learn what a gift was.)

I agree, we are covered in full from the blood of Christ through our faith. But I never have understood the idea that, "God will chastise us, even to the point of death, in order to keep us from losing our salvation."

Salvation is definitely not a reward. Spot on with that statement. But it is the end of our faith. It could be compared to the center of a tootsie roll pop, with faith being the outer coating. God gives us the whole sucker, but if we just take a couple of licks and decide its not worth the effort of "continuing in the faith", and throw the sucker away, we cannot claim to have salvation anymore.

That is a REAL LOUSY example. But the fact is there is nothing to earn, keep, or repay the gift. All God wants us to do is to "hold fast" to it. It is really not that hard to do...do you ever doubt that you are alive?

Holding to the "belief" that the one you are married to will fulfill all your needs does not imply that you are working to keep them married to you. It just means you are confident in the assertion that the person you are married to is able to fulfill all your needs. But if you were to hold fast to the idea that you are married to them, and then sleep around with others, to the point where you do not believe the one you are married to can fulfill your needs, then at that point the fact that you are singularly married to the one becomes null and void because you do not believe they are able to fulfill your needs alone. You think you need others to fulfill your need. Not the one.

By the original definition of marriage(not the one that we know today), marriage is a relationship between two people singularly. To want to marry another one, means that you do not want the provisions that the original marriage provided. You want more. Therefore you have the "unbelief" that the one you originally married will be able to fulfill all you needs.

Again. Not the best example. But it shows how the deceitfulness of sin can lead us to unbelief in God, if we are not holding fast the original confession. When we hold to the original confession, the fact we were bought with a price, we are devoted to Christ, that He provides all our needs, we cannot at that point be devoted to another.

But if we allow sin to reign, we feel dirty. And then the dirtiness leads to loss of fruit. Then the loss of fruit leads to thoughts of questioning of faith. Then that leads to thoughts of the need to do something about that loss of faith. Then that leads to the thought that you did something to earn it. So on and so on.

It is not a singular step as some would think. You do not loose your faith each time you sin. You do not go into a state of "unbelief" each time you sin. But it can start to harden your heart to the love of God drawing you and correcting you. You can reach the point of hardness where you do not want the correction of God anymore, you want to do your thing, and you will deal with God later...after all...you have salvation...you will deal with God later...you think that you can repent later...you do not understand that God gives repentance.

Therefore today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as the Israelites did in the wilderness, when they put God to the test.

I think the idea that we are "taken" out before we could do anything to warrant our dismissal of salvation is inherently flawed. It still leaves room that we can indeed "loose" our salvation. It just says that before that would happen God zaps us out. There is absolutely no Biblical evidence. It is a made up assertion to help along the idea of O.S.A.S.

Obedience matters!

Gal 6

ETC.!!

If this is the case, then even non-believers should be allowed passage into Heaven... And yet, the Bible clearly states that they shall not..

On the subject of obedience...

1st Commandment: Exodus 20:3 “Thou shalt have no other gods before meâ€.

Old Testament punishment - Deuteronomy 17:1-5 “And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heavens, which I have not commanded. Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing and shalt stone them with stones, till they dieâ€.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10, “If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is of thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. Thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God."

Exodus 22:20 “He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyedâ€.

New Testament punishment - Mark 16:16 “He that believeth not, shall be damnedâ€.

Yet the 6th Commandment: Exodus 20:13 “Thou shalt not kill"

It's a bit hard to be follow rules that contradict each other.

its thou shalt not murder , as the original tounge in hebrew is the word for murder not kill, if not then God himself is murderer. hubbard are you a christian, have you repented of your sins.

If this is the case, then even non-believers should be allowed passage into Heaven... And yet, the Bible clearly states that they shall not..

Do you know of anyone, unbeliever or believer, who has not sinned?

I assume not, so your point is irrelevant.

Why not attempt to address the scriptures I posted?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back