Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God's judgement - It's for you

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

K2CHRIST

God's judgement is for you!!!

So many Christians I have talked to really worry about God judging them, but that is all wrong. We want God's judgements. We want to know how He looks at the thing we do.

PS 119:11 I shall give thanks to You with uprightness of heart, When I learn Your righteous judgments.

Is 28:26 Indeed, while following the way of Your judgments, O LORD, We have waited for You eagerly; Your name, even Your memory, is the desire of our souls

So we learn His judgments and we follow His judgements, and that is what keeps us on the right path. Yet many seems to think that His judgements are something that are going to happen in some far off day in the future, or perhaps they can get Him to judge their opponents so they will be proven right - so they don't seek His judgements for themselves to follow. Therefore they don't learn from Him. They don't look for His reproof for them. Concerning Him; they are not ' following the way' of His judgments

Prov 1:29-30 Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD. “They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all my reproof. “So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way And be satiated with their own devices.

When we don't seek the judgments of the Lord and thus get His counsel and reproof, we are going to be left to our own devices. We don't want that. We want to seek Him. We want to hear His judgements on us. We need His reproof. He reproves those He loves, and we need that reproof and His judgements.

Prov 1:33 “But he who listens to me shall live securely And will be at ease from the dread of evil.”

Rev 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

So listening to Him means getting His reproof. And thus listening to Him mean you have to be zealous for Him and wanting to repent of the things you do wrong. It means wanting His judgments!!

Of course if you don't want His judgments, you can wait and wait, and lean on your own understanding. You can do that and read the Scriptures. The Pharisees did that. His judgments will still come. But if you are wise, you will seek His Wisdom, His Holy Spirit, for His judgments, counsel, reproof, knowledge, understanding, and His encouragement to get you to do the right things.

So to those who don't follow His judgments, there is a scary day to come. For us who do seek Him and hear from Him "Today", His judgements are what we follow, because He reproves those of us who He loves. He loves those who take the time to listen to Him Today. But as for those who don't want His judgements "Today", so they don't listen to Him, there is something else written about that situation.

Hebrews 3: 7-11
Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME,
AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,
WHERE YOUR FATHERS TRIED Me BY TESTING Me,
AND SAW MY WORKS FOR FORTY YEARS.
“THEREFORE I WAS ANGRY WITH THIS GENERATION,
AND SAID, ‘THEY ALWAYS GO ASTRAY IN THEIR HEART,
AND THEY DID NOT KNOW MY WAYS’
AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH,
‘THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST.’”

The above in a nut shell is His judgement. If you seek Him who reproves those He loves, so that you get His judgement, you " shall live securely And will be at ease from the dread of evil", but if you don't seek His voice and listen to what He has to say to you on those days called "Today" then you shall not enter into His rest.

Oh - One other thing - If He judges between one person and the other it is going to be based upon whether the person is listening to Him or not! And you can be sure that the one listening to Him is the one who is saying to listen to Him, or do we not say to listen to Him because listening to His reproof has helped us?

Therefore if you listen you will find out that it will be ok for you if you do listen, which tells you what about those who don't?

Mal 2: 1,2 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

He is called the Word of God because He talks to you - even today. And note: He is not the Bible, He is the living and active word of God who you can hear from if you open up to Him, just like is explained in the Bible.

Rev 3:19 and then Rev 3:20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back