Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

gunghorjc

Wow. That's really the extent of what I'm feeling after reading this true-life story.

This is another book that was reccomended to me and I can say that I am so glad that it was.

It's an amazing tale of how God worked his will through the life of Brother Andrew (and others) during a tough time for Christians in Communist countries, mostly European, starting in the 60's and moving through to present day.

It's a great story of how if you place all your trust into the Lord to work his will in your life, he will answer. It's something that I have been asking since becoming a Christian just a short time ago.

:thumbsup go to this book. I picked it up yesterday at around 4, started reading it at around 10pm last night and finished it around 2pm today.

Wonderful book!

The story is powerful

on a funny note.... i loved the part about him learning KING JAMES English! :yes

hahah, yeah. That was good. :nod

Or how when his wife became pregnant, the doctor said, you need to get her a better place to live. She can't be climbing over that mountain of clothes to get to her bed, :lol. Not many women I've ever met would put up with that type of living condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
It`s been many years since I read this book but I loved it! His ministry still continues and I personally know some Bible smugglers with his organization working in Asia. I can`t give names but his ministry is still thriving and unfortunatlely still very needed. Corrie ten Boom also did work for his ministry. If you have not read any of her writings, you might be interested. She was a strong, courageous woman of God who not only smuggled Bibles after her imprisonment in a nazi camp, but also smuggled Jews during WWII. She has a great testimony.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and this is literally the first post that caught my eye after I registered. I have so much respect for Brother Andrew and what he did and His perseverance and his obedience to the Lord.

My husband John Day is a Christian singer/songwriter and we wrote a song about one of Brother Andrew's true stories and we called it Seeing Eyes Blind. They even used the chorus to it in an interview video they did of Andrew and Corey Ten Boom.

--Link Removed: No self-promotion for those with under 20 posts--

elishiva sent me the link in a private message. I hope she gets 20 posts 'cause it is a really amazing song! :)

Reminds me of Johnny Cash a little bit. :thumbsup

elishiva sent me the link in a private message. I hope she gets 20 posts 'cause it is a really amazing song! :)

Reminds me of Johnny Cash a little bit. :thumbsup

We'd love to have the link posted on the open forum, but many "drive-by" post here and we have to be consistent. I hope she decides to hang around and doesn't disappear after 1 post. :yes

Understandable! I was a member of a forum where they didn't let a new member post a new thread unless they had a certain amount of posts (I think 50 :o).

I'm going to be starting another book by Brother Andrew soon called the Calling: A Challenge to Walk the Narrow Road. I told you all, I read a lot! :lol

Hmm. That gets me thinking actually about 2 things, I wonder if there would be any interest in a CF.net "book club". Where once a month we choose a book and those interested pick it up, read it, and then have a discussion about. Or even, if anyone would be interested in a sort of "pay-it forward type book club" where if you have a book you thinks others would like to read you put it in a list, if someone is interested you send it to them, then they send it to the next, and so on and so forth. :chin

Understandable! I was a member of a forum where they didn't let a new member post a new thread unless they had a certain amount of posts (I think 50 :o).

I'm going to be starting another book by Brother Andrew soon called the Calling: A Challenge to Walk the Narrow Road. I told you all, I read a lot! :lol

Hmm. That gets me thinking actually about 2 things, I wonder if there would be any interest in a CF.net "book club". Where once a month we choose a book and those interested pick it up, read it, and then have a discussion about. Or even, if anyone would be interested in a sort of "pay-it forward type book club" where if you have a book you thinks others would like to read you put it in a list, if someone is interested you send it to them, then they send it to the next, and so on and so forth. :chin

Book Club! OM what an awesome idea! I can totally participate now that my finals are almost over next week.

I'm going to be reading Bro. Andrews book "Secret Believers" next. I'm excited :biggrin

Adding that to my list of books to read as well now! :biggrin

Now my mind is a racing with thoughts on how a "book club" here would work. Would they be new releases? Old releases? I would actually thing a mixture of the two. For example, I'll use God's Smuggler (which is a good idea so this thread doesn't get too far off topic). ;)

It was originally published in 1967. There's been a lot of people who read it, and a lot who haven't (like myself). So if God' Smuggler was the book that came up to be read that month, it'd give people who may have read it 40 years ago a chance to re-read it again, and those who never read it a chance to read it for the first time.

A new release would be neat as well (by new release something that is released in that year, ie. 2011), as everyone would be coming to it from a fresh perspective. Then there's the question of whether or not the books should be fiction or non-fiction.

Could even do a poll, and have everyone give their suggestions for the book to be read, and then the members of the "book club" could vote on which one they'd like to read that month. :chin

Hmmm. Lots of possibilities! :yes

So, how did you like Brother Andrew's book? I read "Secret Believers" and it was incredible. Highly recommended!

Haven't quite started it yet! I've got I think 4 books right now that I'm reading. 2 are non-Christian; Lonesome Dove, and Where the Red Fern Grows. The other 2 are Christian; one is The Cross (I posted a seperate thread on that and will talk about it more when I finish it), and the other is called Fullfilling Your God Given Destiny by a Pastor Treat.The few pages I did start to read of Brother Andrews book the Calling, picks up pretty much where God's Smuggler left off. Which had Brother Andrew taking Bibles to China and trying to strengthen the Church there. It might also have some parts in the Arab/Muslim world where I think his ministry is currently working. I'll start reading it more when I finish one of the above books! :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back