Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Google "Christianity is"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Ed the Ned

Have you ever Googled "Christianity is" try it and see how it attacks Christianity......try it with another religion and see if the results are similar!

Ed the Ned said:
Have you ever Googled "Christianity is" try it and see how it attacks Christianity......try it with another religion and see if the results are similar!
Negative talk about Islam is often blocked so not to offend the Muslims. Most all of my discussions at Christian websites about historical Islam are deleted or hidden.

seekandlisten said:
Every wonder why this is the case?

Because approx. 33% of the world calls themself "Christian", so it's the largest religion, and all it takes is one bad example, one hypocrit, one self-righteous, one judgemental, one holier-than-thou, one I-think-I-am-perfect, one unaccepting-of-the-sinners Christian to give us all a bad name.

It's like this for everything though, not just Christians.

I mean, stereotypes exsist because we see them to be so. We find that one person that represents our ideals of what X is like and then say, "See, they're all that way."

Besides, just because people call us names doesn't make it true or them right. People called Jesus names because he was so radically different than all his other priestly brothers. Just the other day my neighbor called me a witch for working out and being 'muscular, toned yet still so skinny'...does that make it true? No. People call other people names out of fear and out of their own insecurities.

It means we're doing something right :biggrin lol Not that we're supposed to make the world hate us, but Christians speak the truth, and we know the truth can hurt and is hard to accept sometimes.

It is how it is :tongue

Hey krazy-kurly,

I see your point, but I was more getting at the 'falsehoods', outright lies, use of violence, etc. by supposed 'Christians' that the outside world looks at. Much similar to the way a lot of 'christians' look at Islam as a bunch of 'crazy extremists'. I found it funny that of all the religions I searched in the same way, Christianity and Islam were the only one's that came up with a lot of 'negative' links. Interesting I thought.

cheers

seekandlisten said:
Hey krazy-kurly,

I see your point, but I was more getting at the 'falsehoods', outright lies, use of violence, etc. by supposed 'Christians' that the outside world looks at. Much similar to the way a lot of 'christians' look at Islam as a bunch of 'crazy extremists'. I found it funny that of all the religions I searched in the same way, Christianity and Islam were the only one's that came up with a lot of 'negative' links. Interesting I thought.

cheers
Well historically, if the internet existed about 1000 years ago, instead of Christianity and Islam, it would probably be the Vikings and Roman Paganism that everyone would be attacking. When Rome and Scandinavia Fell, Christianity Took over Europe and Islam took over the Middle East and parts of Africa.

Even more Ironic, when Rome Fell, the Technology, Art, academia, and Philosophy was preserved by the Muslims in Constantinople and Baghdad. Durring the Renaissance Europe reclaimed all this from the Middle East Post Crusades.

And the Middle East fell into their own Dark age that they haven't gotten out of yet.

I'm hopping that The US Dosen't end up like the Middle east though.

We should not be concerned with what the "world" thinks of us. We should only concern ourselves with what He thinks of us. After all, He is the one we will answer to. Amen?

TheUnworthyServant said:
We should not be concerned with what the "world" thinks of us. We should only concern ourselves with what He thinks of us. After all, He is the one we will answer to. Amen?

Doesn't the bible say that we are to be a light to the world and salt of the earth? If the 'salt has lost it's saltiness' is it any good?

Very interesting. Thanks for the post.

Also, I was spurred recently by reading Joel Rosenberg's latest book to find out more about the "visitations" that are being reported in some Muslim countries. So I placed "Isa al Masih" into Google to see what happens. I was surprised. Try it.

seekandlisten said:
TheUnworthyServant said:

Doesn't the bible say that we are to be a light to the world and salt of the earth? If the 'salt has lost it's saltiness' is it any good?
Lets look at it from a different angle. Paul tells us judging the world isn't our job; ours is to judge those within the Body. Doing that then leads to accountability. When we become accountable for our actions, our relationship with HIM who does count becomes closer. The closer we are to the Lord, the more our "light" shines and our "salt" enhances. :yes

Vic C. said:
Lets look at it from a different angle. Paul tells us judging the world isn't our job; ours is to judge those within the Body. Doing that then leads to accountability. When we become accountable for our actions, our relationship with HIM who does count becomes closer. The closer we are to the Lord, the more our "light" shines and our "salt" enhances. :yes

Hmmm....I can see your point and agree to an extent but I hold some 'reservations' in regards to it. Do you agree that it is those outside the 'Body' that are often getting 'judged' more than those inside the 'Body'? We are quick to say another religion is 'wrong' or the actions of non-believers are 'wrong' but when it comes to someone doing something violent, just for example, in the name of 'Christianity' we write if off as they were really not a 'Christian' to begin with. Also, my definition of the 'Body' is more than likely a different view than your own. It's a matter of understanding the perception of those on the 'outside looking in' so to speak.

"The closer we are to the Lord, the more our "light" shines and our "salt" enhances."

On this point I agree 100%

seekandlisten said:
TheUnworthyServant said:

What does that have to do with what I said?

TheUnworthyServant said:
seekandlisten said:
TheUnworthyServant said:

What does that have to do with what I said?

It was the 'flip side perception' of your first comment.

"We should not be concerned with what the "world" thinks of us."

I agree with the second part of what you said. The point I was presenting was it's clear to see that the 'world' thinks negatively in response to the google search so why is that? 'God's' message is love so I don't see why anyone would disagree with that right? Most 'religions' summed up come down to the commandment Jesus put forth to 'love your neighbor' (Mark 12:31, Luke 10:27). If this was being followed there would be a lot less negativity. Obviously this is not the 'light' that we are shining so my point is it does matter what the 'world's' perception of us is. We should learn from others 'perception' of ourselves.

"You should examine yourself daily. If you find faults, you should correct them. When you find none, you should try even harder." Xi Zhi

Ed the Ned said:

Do you know how many people are wanting God's help?

Google "God please help me". Guess how many monthly searches and then see how close you are.

It was the 'flip side perception' of your first comment.

"We should not be concerned with what the "world" thinks of us."

I agree with the second part of what you said. The point I was presenting was it's clear to see that the 'world' thinks negatively in response to the google search so why is that? 'God's' message is love so I don't see why anyone would disagree with that right? Most 'religions' summed up come down to the commandment Jesus put forth to 'love your neighbor' (Mark 12:31, Luke 10:27). If this was being followed there would be a lot less negativity. Obviously this is not the 'light' that we are shining so my point is it does matter what the 'world's' perception of us is. We should learn from others 'perception' of ourselves.

Gotcha

TheUnworthyServant said:

I agree

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back