Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Grandmas faith saved her husband ??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

AIR

Hi,

I'm here to share a story of my great-grandmas husband (great-grandpa) who was an alcoholic man who act very violent against my great-grandma and his son, my grandpa. My great-grandmas faith was strong and she's definitely righteous and of course she loved her husband a lot even he was an alcoholic violent. One day great-grandpa died by having an heart attack. I don't know did he repent his sins at the dead bed but as I've heard he died as a person he was, an alcoholic violent.

My great-grandma kept praying & asking for mercy to let his husband to Heaven and she could not have peace of mind since she totally thought that he gone to hell. However, once an angel showed up to her and told that your husband is in Heaven with angels and from that day my grandma knew he was in the Heaven.

So, can your wife's strong faith save you?

Note, that the story what I have heard is a story I have heard long time ago so it might not be 100% true but I heard it almost like this.

Each person is accountable for his/her own life. If that person has not trusted in Christ as Savior and Lord -- confessed they are a sinner in need of a Savior -- they cannot enter heaven. No one can save anyone else. Sorry to disappoint, but that is biblical truth.

The prayers of the Saints (people like your g grandmother of faith) do accomplish much. Who would truly know, except for God, what was in his heart before he died. He might have at an instant remembered the words of his wife and accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior with his dying breath as he repented of his sin. You can only hope in your heart that he did, but yet remember it was his decision one way or the other. Remember the thief on the cross that cried out to Jesus to forgive his sin and Jesus told him on this day he would be with him in paradise, Luke 23:43.

John 10:9 I am the door, if any man enter in, he shall be saved.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto
the Father, but by me.

Romans 10:9, 10 if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in his heart that God has raised him from the dead thou shall be saved. Vs.10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It is not by our works or good deeds that save us for if that was all it would take then Gods word would be made void in our lives and Jesus would have died in vain, but because we are all sinners, it is by Gods grace and mercy that forgives our sins and washes us clean by the atoning blood of the Lamb (Jesus) so we can be made renewed again and free from our old sin nature.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Hi,

I'm here to share a story of my great-grandmas husband (great-grandpa) who was an alcoholic man who act very violent against my great-grandma and his son, my grandpa. My great-grandmas faith was strong and she's definitely righteous and of course she loved her husband a lot even he was an alcoholic violent. One day great-grandpa died by having an heart attack. I don't know did he repent his sins at the dead bed but as I've heard he died as a person he was, an alcoholic violent.

My great-grandma kept praying & asking for mercy to let his husband to Heaven and she could not have peace of mind since she totally thought that he gone to hell. However, once an angel showed up to her and told that your husband is in Heaven with angels and from that day my grandma knew he was in the Heaven.

So, can your wife's strong faith save you?

Note, that the story what I have heard is a story I have heard long time ago so it might not be 100% true but I heard it almost like this.

If grandpa accepted Jesus as his savior, he would be in heaven now. Otherwise, I don't think there is any other way. Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven.. Prayers from someone else is not going to take a person to heaven..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back