Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Great Spiritual Awakening at the White House

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What business is it of yours that you should pray for God to change his heart?

My prayer for all men is that God would fill our hearts with wisdom and spiritual understanding in the knowledge of Christ, and renew our minds unto the mind of Christ, so that we will be transformed into the image of God's Son.

That is being about the business of My Father.

What business does your father, have you doing?

JLB

guess you understand, that there are two choices in life as to who you serve.

Jesus or Satan.

If you do not serve Jesus, then you serve Satan.

Here is what people who know this basic truth, understand from Obama's statement:

We are not just a Christian nation, but a Satanic nation.

That's what's wrong with that.

Sorry, but your reasoning here makes no sense. You said it is a basic truth that people either serve Jesus or they serve Satan. If it is a basic truth, then why do you see something wrong with it? Why are you offended that Obama pointed out something you see as simple truth? It makes no sense except being blinded by your own hatred.

If the Bible testifies of one thing, it is that the people who call themselves after God's name have never wanted to hear the truth or they would not have killed their prophets.

Sorry, but your reasoning here makes no sense. You said it is a basic truth that people either serve Jesus or they serve Satan. If it is a basic truth, then why do you see something wrong with it?

Because I don't want a leader over this nation who says it's ok to serve Satan.

JLB

Can you offer any evidence of this? The article gives no indication that Donald Trump has actually even attended any of these studies. It only stated that he has been invited to attend, but that a copy of the weekly lesson was forwarded to him. We have no indication the he is hungry for God's word. Has he tweeted about any of the lessons?

Fake news and propaganda, what are we to believe? What are we to have Faith in? This is the Foundations in Faith Forum, which to me implies our Faith in Christ Jesus. To that, what is the OP's intent with this thread? Is it to build our faith in Trump? Is it to inspire our faith in Christ? How does Trump inspire your faith in Christ?

If the OP just wanted to shout out praise, then maybe the thread would have been better suited for the Prayers & Praise Forum. But how are we to know? The OP did not actually post an opinion. Just a thread with a link.
we have no idea what the study of the word will do? the word is as seed. before a seed can be planted fallow ground must be broke up and prepared. then the seed can be planted and all we can do is pray it finds good ground. 1 plants 1 waters God gets the increase . so very well possible the word sharper than a 2 edged sword is cutting flesh away ..we just dont know ...

Because I don't want a leader over this nation who says it's ok to serve Satan.

JLB

Because You don't want? Again, what does it matter what YOU want? What should matter is was God wants. What should matter is what serves the Lord's will and purpose. He is Lord of lords and King of kings, he chooses whom he wills. As it is written, He has put it in their hearts, to agree, and to fulfill his will and give their kingdom unto the Beast. It is the Lord's will that the beast should rule on earth. It is also the Lord's will that Satan be released from the pit to go forth and deceive the nations. The northern Kingdom was taken from Israel, and the southern Kingdom was taken from Judah. Their Kingdom was taken and given to another to rule over them. God chose Nebuchadnezzar to rule over his people. God chose to send his children to Egypt and subject them to 430 years of servitude and slavery. God chose Pharaoh to rule over his people for a purpose. What you want is of no concern to me; What God's will in them is.

Micah 4:1-5
But in the last days it shall come to pass,
that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains,
and it shall be exalted above the hills;
and people shall flow unto it.
And many nations shall come, and say,
Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
and to the house of the God of Jacob;
and he will teach us of his ways,
and we will walk in his paths:
for the law shall go forth of Zion,
and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
And he shall judge among many people,
and rebuke strong nations afar off;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruninghooks:
nation shall not lift up a sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.
But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree;
and none shall make them afraid:
for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.
For all people will walk every one in the name of his god,
and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

What did the Lord of Hosts say? That all peoples will walk every one in the name of his own god, and none shall make them afraid, because the Lord himself has commanded it. Seems to me the Lord is saying if someone wants to walk in the name of Satan, then you are to let them, and that you should not make them afraid. As Jesus commanded: love your enemy, make peace with your enemy...

So when I hear the former President say that we are not just a Christian nation, but rather that we are a nation of peoples with many faiths and a nation of peoples who hold no faith, then as the President he is assuring them under his leadership that they will all be treated equally under the constitution and the laws of the land. For all people will walk every one in the name of his own god, and none shall make them afraid; for the mouth of the Lord of host has spoken it.

Because You don't want? Again, what does it matter what YOU want? What should matter is was God wants.

This desire comes from God working in me to desire and to do His good pleasure.

• for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

The Amplified says it this way -

[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight. Philippians 2:13 AMP

JLB

Trey Gowdy Votes To Appoint A Second Special Counsel To Investigate James Comey And Hillary Clinton

Can someone please explain to me what this post has to do with the topic of Bible studies at the White House? Why just a few posts earlier a moderator chimed in to remind everyone that this is the Foundation of Faith forum, but then again, that same moderator did like your off topic political post. Maybe they should just move this thread to the CE&P forum, I think that's where you meant it to be all along.

Can someone please explain to me what this post has to do with the topic of Bible studies at the White House? Why just a few posts earlier a moderator chimed in to remind everyone that this is the Foundation of Faith forum, but then again, that same moderator did like your off topic political post. Maybe they should just move this thread to the CE&P forum, I think that's where you meant it to be all along.

I believe the more the White House Cabinet and those in Congress and the House, participate in the Study of the Bible, the more we will see justice and righteousness prevail in our Great Nation.

When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices; And when the wicked perish, there is jubilation. Proverbs 11:10

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29:2

JLB

Last edited:
But it is not nor should it ever be thde will of God's People!

Is it the will of God's people to be strongly deluded? I would say no. But the Lord said he shall chose your delusion, for he has put it into their hearts to agree, and to give their kingdom unto the beast, for it is the Lord's will.

Is it the will of God's people to be strongly deluded? I would say no. But the Lord said he shall chose your delusion, for he has put it into their hearts to agree, and to give their kingdom unto the beast, for it is the Lord's will.

The direction this nation has turned to is the result [fruit] of a new leadership.

We give glory to God, who sets kings and those in authority in place, for this change.

Our faith rests in Jesus Christ, the King of kings, and the more He dwells in the leadership, the more He expresses Himself in righteousness through them.

JLB

EZ, were there any stories coming out of the obama WH about people holding bible studies, or prayer breakfasts or anything like that which you might be aware of? Personally I can't recall anything such as that (not to say it did not happen just no one talked about it). And yet you, as a Christian, seem to be highly critical of this story seemingly to denigrate it because Trump is not present and therefore this does not really matter. Daniel, IIRC, was a counselor to the king and his counsel profoundly influenced what happened in the kingdom. Do you not think that people lower in the administration cannot have a Christian influence by being there even if Trump does not attend these studies? Just the presence of active, Godly people in the WH may go a long way. Just a thought.....

EZ, were there any stories coming out of the obama WH about people holding bible studies, or prayer breakfasts or anything like that which you might be aware of? Personally I can't recall anything such as that (not to say it did not happen just no one talked about it). And yet you, as a Christian, seem to be highly critical of this story seemingly to denigrate it because Trump is not present and therefore this does not really matter. Daniel, IIRC, was a counselor to the king and his counsel profoundly influenced what happened in the kingdom. Do you not think that people lower in the administration cannot have a Christian influence by being there even if Trump does not attend these studies? Just the presence of active, Godly people in the WH may go a long way. Just a thought.....

When the wicked arise, men hide themselves;
But when they perish, the righteous increase.Proverbs 28:28

What a beautiful article. This is the kind of news we don't see reported by MSM. If we did the trajectory of this nation would change greatly. And the adversary to this Christian leader and his cabinet would be put on notice.

Senate Chaplain in Awe of Senator Who's Led 13 Heads of State to Christ
02-21-2017 Charlene Aaron

6xr9qd.jpg
God's sacred and holy spirit is in our White house and our country. Amen! And Amen!

Reactions: JLB
Perhaps they could do a Bible study on the Lord's use of sanctuary cities.
Maybe they could do a study on the stranger among us, and how we should treat the illegal's among us.

Do you think they would do a study on how the President should learn to abase himself and become the servant of all the citizens?
Or, maybe we are just watching the Bible lesson play out. A man's pride shall bring him low.... When he falls, what will they say? Is this the man who did weaken the nations?

Maybe they are holding Bible studies, or maybe they are using it for a different agenda. Only the Lord knows. But I am weary of wolves in sheep's clothing.

The article doesn't really say anything specific, but seems just another way of trying to heap praise on the Trump administration without saying anything, and the sheep will follow.

Now I realize my comments probably won't be received well by many around here, and that's okay. But let me ask one simple question:

I am not a twitter follower of Trump, nor am I a twitter user, so I wouldn't know. But if Donald Trump and his administration has been getting weekly Bible teachings at the White House as the article suggests, has any of it spilled over into Trump's tweets? Has Trump tweeted out anything from these Bible studies? Anything he may have found inspirational?

The Washington Examiner
Trump Cabinet members attend Bible study together
by Caitlin Yilek | Jul 31, 2017

(sic)"...The president receives a copy of the teaching each week, Drollinger said. Pence plans to attend the study as his schedule "

Back