Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Greetings from Australia

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Greetings, my name is Christopher.

I'm a 26 year male old from Australia. I was raised as a Christian (not a very religious family) and went to a religious primary school. Since then for most of my life I didn't pay these things much attention, didn't really go to Church.

I didn't know what I thought of God or Jesus, but I had strong distaste to my perceptions of most organised religion, I even considered myself an atheist for some time. I came to belief in God that was undeniable to me through some powerful personal experiences and later came to belief in Jesus Christ fairly recently, though there were difficult hurdles to overcome (I could barely even say His name!)

Since then it has tied in all of the experiences of my life and I know I cannot go back. I've felt in my life for a long time that disaster and chaos would be in my life. I have had many dreams of natural disaster, tsunamis, earthquakes, meteors, war, troops rounding up people for extermination, persecution, demons, among other things.

I strongly feel with all of my soul that we are on the verge of entering the 'beginning of sorrows' and tribulation period described in the Bible. I don't feel like many share my perspectives. Over time I've written some PDF documents to my family and friends on Facebook trying to warn them of what I see as the coming economic collapse and the subsequent chaos that would cause.

I've been able to overcome my embarrassment and express myself on Facebook to speak my mind and my truth of my beliefs in Christ and what I think is coming.

I look forward to reading and posting. Thanks everyone.

Kind Regards,
Christopher
Hi lawlord

I see that you and Dirtfarmer are having a very interesting debate right here!! You might want to start a thread on this one day.

Many Christians become worried when you speak of works because they feel you are depending on works to be saved. This is a razors edge we walk on! Problem is...You're both right! How could this be?

We are saved by faith.
We then live by faith.
We continue to be saved by faith and not by works.
So are works not important?
Heaven forbid!
We are God's hands and arms and must do his work here on earth for Him.
Jesus sent out the apostles to spread the word of God's kingdom and how to become a part of it.
Some consider the beatitudes to be "works" when Jesus Himself said we are to change and be transformed!

James said faith without works is a dead faith. Works are necessary. It's works WITHOUT faith that are a problem. These will not save a person.

I also would like to point out that Jesus himself said He did not come to abolish the Law. What Law?
We here should know that there are three types of law:
Civil
Ceremonial
Moral

Jesus abolished much of the civil law and practically all of the ceremonial law.
He did NOT abolish the Moral Law.

He said to love God, your neighbor and yourself. If you do that, you are automatically following the 10 commandments and all of the Moral Law.

Wondering

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back