Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Greetings from the new guy

You have 10 minutes alone uninterrupted every morning. How would you spend this time?

• Prayer

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Bible Reading

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Meditation

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Worship

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bible study material

• Exercise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm new to the forums community. I'm a happily married man (35+ years) living in northern Colorado. My wife is a Nurse Practitioner who works way too hard, but loves what she does. I'm a blogger and speaker. I was a youth pastor for 23 years. Our one and only daughter is a missionary in Guatemala. Looking to connect will other Christ-centered believers. I'm keenly interested in spiritual formation and would love to know what others feel they want/need in order to grow in their connection with Christ.

IMO, ten minutes all by itself, though long enough to do a daily Bible read, probably shouldn't happen before and/or in place of the day's jump-start prayer.

Welcome Brother McConnell to our Christian fellowship in Jesus' name. I hope you enjoy your experience here among us. :wave2

I'm new to the forums community. I'm a happily married man (35+ years) living in northern Colorado. My wife is a Nurse Practitioner who works way too hard, but loves what she does. I'm a blogger and speaker. I was a youth pastor for 23 years. Our one and only daughter is a missionary in Guatemala. Looking to connect will other Christ-centered believers. I'm keenly interested in spiritual formation and would love to know what others feel they want/need in order to grow in their connection with Christ.
Hello, brother. I have a good friend, Jeff Mills, living under Mount Fuego in Guatemala, does your daughter know Jeff and his wife? And welcome to the forums.

To my knowledge, my daughter doesn't know Jeff Mills. Then again, she knows many people. She may. She'll be home on sabbatical Nov. and Dec. I'll ask her. She lives in El Tizate, 10 minutes or so outside of Antiqua. Perhaps Jeff knows the area. What does Jeff do in Guatemala?

To my knowledge, my daughter doesn't know Jeff Mills. Then again, she knows many people. She may. She'll be home on sabbatical Nov. and Dec. I'll ask her. She lives in El Tizate, 10 minutes or so outside of Antiqua. Perhaps Jeff knows the area. What does Jeff do in Guatemala?
Jeff is on the field for Final Harvest, planting Churches and pastoring. If they are that close to one another I'll bet she knows, at least, his wife, Christianna, I think is her name. She is German and Jeff is a retired British Warrant Officer with a repaired broken back from combat.

Hi Bill, from one newbie to another :)
To respond to your question - what I think I need to grow in Christ is fellowship with other believers in Him. That fellowship need not be in pperson, but I know that my heart grows bigger and closer to Him when I interact with other believers.

Welcome! Nice to meet you. Thanks God that He arranged a happy family for you. Hope to share spiritual information with you in future.
As for your above question, if I have ten minutes alone uninterrupted every morning, I will pray to God first to seek His guidance and then read God's words. Actually, I have taken more than ten minutes to do these every morning.

G'day mate. I'm an Aussie bloke from Down Under. My wife and I moved from regional Qld (Queensland) to the big smoke of Brisbane about 4 years ago to be near our unbelieving daughter who has a debilitating disease. She and her family need our assistance from time to time.

The greatest challenge I find in connecting with Christ-centred (slightly different spelling) believers is that being Christ-centred is not high on the agenda. Being rock music, seeker-sensitive, Gospel lite, theology lite centred is where the churches are at. I'm often out on a limb because of what seems to be the contemporary dumbing down of evangelical Christianity.

We don't have as many options in our very secular society as you do in the USA (we lived for 7 years in USA) for seeking Christ-centred company and ministry. So one needs to be on the ball spiritually with personal devotions. It sometimes gets very lonely.

Oz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back