Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Greetings from the St Louis Area

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Home of the world's best Baseball team (statistically proven too)...

Actually I am an hour south of STL, in Southern IL. Me and my wife and kids are Christians, we attend an Assembly of God church. It is a small town cozy atmosphere (probably with 80 people) but with a pastor of over 15 years, still full of fire, we are proud to call it our home.

I have 3 girls, ages, 3, 5, and 12 and we have a son in heaven, we lost in 2006, at 21 days old. We are thankful that God has blessed us with our other girls, and especially thankful for His healing.

Just 24 hours after being born, our 3 year old had to be transported by Helicopter to a major St Louis hospital NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) team and it was 2 weeks before we could even hold her. We prayed and prayed that God would heal her, and now she has us run around like our tails are on fire.

Major prayer needs for now is a new job that can help us survive, am now a school bus driver with very limited hours.

Thats it for now

Greetings Rockey to CF.net in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus. I joy over the testimony you've been given, and the fact it glorifies God.

Dear Father, I come to You asking for Your abundant provision be given this dear brother in his time of need. Please make the way clear of Your leading as to job opportunities, and other means of attaining unto the path You have set before him and His family. Thank You Father for Your grace and care of him at this time, and I do ask this in the blessed name of Jesus. Amen.

Blessings in Christ Jesus Rockey. It's good to have you with us in fellowship. :wave

:waving Welcome Rockey F Squirrel

and an extra :thumbsup for the username! ;)

What a wonderful testimony of your daughter and I stand in agreement with Eugene's prayer for you.

and an extra for the username!

Yes the username is an interesting one. Back in 2001-2003, I had a CB radio on my pickup truck, with a tall antenna. I had a friend from church who was a hunter, in fact he depended on hunting for his nutritional needs as he had very little income. One day he gave me a squirrel tail, and I took it because single people still young, think stuff like that is neat. I stuck in to the top of my CB antenna.

The truckers would comment on it, as I would go down Interstate 55 to see my grandma in AR every so often. One of them remarked, "Look at the Flying Squirrel above that little black truck!". So on the CB I became 'Rocky the Flying Squirrel'. I had a hobby of geocaching (A form of GPS treasure hunting), and had that as my username, because I was able to find a Stamp pad with a Squirrel on it (the hobby is, you found a box that had GPS coordinates on the web site, and there was a notepad, you can sign your name.. This was a branch off another sport called Letterboxing, created in the late 1800's where the hunter follows written directions, to a box, and Stamps a mark in their notebook, as well as take a stamp from the box, to place on their own notebook. Although the stamp pad is not required with the new GPS Game, there is an online logging for that, but you do have o sign your name.

Anyway that even more popularized the 'Rocky' name. When I went on to register it with Yahoo, the name was already taken. That is why there is an 'e' in 'Rockey' and an extra 'L' in 'Squirrell'. That is how I got my username, and have had that name, with other sites, for over 10 years now.

Big Hi from Branson Mo just bout 4 hours West of ya.

Mike

Hi rocky, how are you doing? good to see you here; God bless your family and God bless His Word to you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back