Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growing a Beard

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JM

The last 3 weeks I've let my facial hair grow in. It was suprising how quickly it grew, and now I have a modest Amish/Anabaptist style beard. Since growing the beard I've noticed people have been treating me a little different, almost, it seems, with more respect. People are calling me "sir" left and right now. :lol:

Anyone else notice this kind of silliness after growing a beard?

~JM~
[silly thread, I know]

People tell me that you can never trust somebody with a beard as they must have something to hide !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

penlost said:
People tell me that you can never trust somebody with a beard as they must have something to hide !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I'm viewed as one of those ultra violent Amish. :lol:

Not silly at all.

I haven't grown a beard, which I am heartily thankful for :-D , but I do notice such things in other instances. If I dress up, and wear my hair up, or just fixed, people tend to say ma'am more to me, or to be kinder even. I don't know if it is me acting differently (maybe I am smiling more or haveing a kinder demeanor myself), or them responding differently, but either way it does happen. My norm is more casual, and my hair is in need of being cut, trimmed, or something, it's completely down my back these days, like a teenager. In fact, I could use a more manicured look overall.

Anyway, I guess it's just a reminder to not be a respector of persons, but to esteem all. The Lord bless you.

Goatee's...yes definitely, my husband has had one for years.

Long beards... Noooo please, nooooo! Things can nest in those things. :-?

The stubble look is nice also ..can't find a picture for that one though. (except George Michael ...and forget that!)

I have had a goatee sense I got out of the military in 1999. I then started shaving my head bald. I got used to no hair in the military. I wish it would all just fall out.

Anyway I notice people look at me as if I am crazy or something. I am a jeans and T-shirt guy so when I dress in this way I get weird looks. It kind of makes me laugh, because I am very conservative on the inside.

But a goatee and a beard can probably give off two different vibes; maybe I will try a beard as well.

I forgot to mention I will need to grow my hair a little bit also. But not too long or it will drive me crazy.

I've had a beard for 20 years - give or take a few. I shaved it off once having told my wife that if our third child wasn't a girl I would. So, when our third son arrived, I shaved it off for my first visit back to the hospital after the birth, and my wife said she only gave me a second look because she didn't recognise the man with her children! :o

JM said:
The last 3 weeks I've let my facial hair grow in. It was suprising how quickly it grew, and now I have a modest Amish/Anabaptist style beard. Since growing the beard I've noticed people have been treating me a little different, almost, it seems, with more respect. People are calling me "sir" left and right now. :lol:

Anyone else notice this kind of silliness after growing a beard?

~JM~
[silly thread, I know]

I think a beard makes me look younger, although one person said I look younger without it. I do know I look way too much like my dad without it. I grew it in the first place so I wouldn't look like him but got tired of having to trim it. At my age (60) people call me sir anyway. :sad

I think people always looked younger when they shaved their beard off. Just don't let it grow too much!!! :biggrin

shaitiger said:
I think people always looked younger when they shaved their beard off. Just don't let it grow too much!!! :biggrin

I'm beginning to wonder now why men seem to look younger than women of the same age. :-?

Well, I havn't shaved in over a week and I can truly tell you that people don't look at me the same either... But then, maybe it's because I'm in my grubby jeans and messy hair 8-)

Reminds me of when I used to have hair down to the middle of my back and I was running grain truck in harvest. This old farmer was rude and mean to me every day. One morning (about 5 am) I surpised him by showing up with a short hair cut. It was amazing the things he was telling me about this "Other" driver... :wink: Boy was he shocked when I told him it was me with a hair cut! lol :bday:

when I let my facial hair grow out, people seem to think I may be 3-6 years older than I am (I am 19) but it also is itchy and annoying, and it doesn't grow evenly everywhere (and most of my chin is scar tissue so.. that looks weird)

destiny said:
Long beards... Noooo please, nooooo! Things can nest in those things.
Lewis W said:
Yeah like old coke bottles and old tires and pampers.
lovely said:
Lewis, I wasn't expecting this. :-D
Neither was I! :-D Lewis, if you found coke bottles, old tires and Pampers in your beard, we may have to reconsider your status as Moderator here.

Say goonight Gracie! :hysterical:

"Yeah like old coke bottles and old tires and pampers."

LOL!
Lewis, I think you've been spending too much time on the pier at low tide. :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back